Now thats thinking...

Did anybody else see this on Yahoo? Stalling a team that previously blew you out and force 3 OT's...thats giving your team a shot.

[url=http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Triple-overtime-game-finishes-with-bizarre-38-31?urn=highschool-312968]Stalling for success[/url]

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="955837" timestamp="1296154742"]
I remember, I think it was my junior year, when Kountze was still in 3A and in our district, they won state that year I think, anyway we (Orangefield) stalled the ball and lost 37-50, the Kountze fans were not happy.  ;D
[/quote]Orangefield did that in the 80-81 season to everybody.  They still stunk, but they only lost by 10-15 instead of by 40+

Yet another reason why I always hated Orangefield!!!!!

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="955837" timestamp="1296154742"]
I remember, I think it was my junior year, when Kountze was still in 3A and in our district, they won state that year I think, anyway we (Orangefield) stalled the ball and lost 37-50, the Kountze fans were not happy.  ;D
[/quote]

When I played at Kountze, Orangefield used to ALWAYS stall the ball for the 1st 2 quarters when they play at home. With our style of play, that is the most frustrating thing ever!  :D :D

I remember I couldn't wait until we played them in Kountze.  :D :D

A 35 second shot clock is the last thing you want to do in HS.  Talk about thr game becoming more physical and the coaches could not use as much strategy.  The last thing HS ball needs is a shot clock.  The teams that try to control tempo and get a good shot, (do you realize that there is a direct correlation between ball reversals and percentage to score) because the more you reverse the ball the more the defense breaks down and the more fatigued they become.  Plus how many people can run a score clock, add a shot clock person to that, one for each end more than likely.  I just dont see it coming.  Teams would sit in a zone and then the last 7-10 seconds really play hard of the possession, so you are taking away from the defense and offense.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder