Barbers Hill vs. Dayton Game Thread/Barbers Hill wins/Comments

WOSgrad

Just want to thank the fan base that came out.  BH crowd outnumbered the home crowd and that means a lot to the players!  Thank you  :)

Kudos to Dayton, they are a solid team and played hard.  Should give Livingston a real run for their money in bi-district.

This was a special game for Evans, #11, and her Mom and Dad.  It was one year ago this week that she blew out her knee in the same gym.  Six months of grueling rehab to get back to playing form.  I don't ever say much about my daughter on here, but will take this opportunity to say I am proud of you, Shan.  Way to fight your way back.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="954865" timestamp="1296019759"]
Just want to thank the fan base that came out.  BH crowd outnumbered the home crowd and that means a lot to the players!  Thank you  :)

Kudos to Dayton, they are a solid team and played hard.  Should give Livingston a real run for their money in bi-district.

This was a special game for Evans, #11, and her Mom and Dad.  It was one year ago this week that she blew out her knee in the same gym.  Six months of grueling rehab to get back to playing form.  I don't ever say much about my daughter on here, but will take this opportunity to say I am proud of you, Shan.  Way to fight your way back.
[/quote]
Well said. Congrats to BH on the win.

Just want to thank the fan base that came out.  BH crowd outnumbered the home crowd and that means a lot to the players!  Thank you  :)

Kudos to Dayton, they are a solid team and played hard.  Should give Livingston a real run for their money in bi-district.

[/quote]

Big win for Lady Eagles!  Congrats

#11 is the quarterback of the team, she does so much on offense and defense that does not show up in the scorebook. She is a special player.

Dayton has a good team,  could go as deep in the play-offs as their football team did. Where are their fans?

Hill it is ok for a dad to smile every now and then, Shannon played well, as usual. It was a good game and hard fought. Good Luck to you guys in the playoffs. as for the fans, we had a good crowd for Dayton..Hard to convert football fans but they are coming around ;). 

Anyway to all DAD's....GOOD JOB goes a long way with you kids!

[/quote]

And very proud you should be. Glad to hear she is healthy and doing well.
Go Eagles !

[quote name="Charger Fan" post="954960" timestamp="1296051440"]
Hill it is ok for a dad to smile every now and then, Shannon played well, as usual. It was a good game and hard fought. Good Luck to you guys in the playoffs. as for the fans, we had a good crowd for Dayton..Hard to convert football fans but they are coming around ;). 

Anyway to all DAD's....[b]GOOD JOB goes a long way with you kids![/b][/quote]

Well said, Charger Fan.

This was a special game for Evans, #11, and her Mom and Dad.  It was one year ago this week that she blew out her knee in the same gym.  Six months of grueling rehab to get back to playing form.  I don't ever say much about my daughter on here, but will take this opportunity to say I am proud of you, Shan.  Way to fight your way back.
[/quote]

Six month recovery from her knee injury is another great athletic feat.  My family loves watching Shannon play any sport, and we wish she was still putting on a BH softball uniform.  So, just planting the seed for a Senior year comeback as a centerfielder since this years centerfielder is graduating.  She was a pure hitter from the right side, and of course a great fielder and baserunner.  Above all #11 is a great kid.  Can't believe we are only going to have her for one more year.  Maybe she could choose a college close to home so we can still go to games....  Good job to all the BH players, and congratulations on an inevitable District Championship!  

Good luck to Dayton in the playoffs.

[/quote]

Sweet night and season for the Evans family!  Congrats!

Great job Shannon in fighting back, working hard, and doing all with a sense of purpose and class.  I wish I lived close enough to see you play more often.
Good to BH in the playoffs.

I watched the BH/Dayton girls game last night and was surprised at the mistakes BH was making. The last game I saw was against Ozen and they seemed to be playing at a higher level. Not to sure about the lack of dribbling the ball up the court by BH, but I'm just a fan and not a coach. The Dayton girls came out strong and hustled the entire game. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs!

[quote name="Bronco/Cat Fan" post="955258" timestamp="1296077809"]
I watched the BH/Dayton girls game last night and was surprised at the mistakes BH was making. The last game I saw was against Ozen and they seemed to be playing at a higher level. Not to sure about the lack of dribbling the ball up the court by BH, but I'm just a fan and not a coach. The Dayton girls came out strong and hustled the entire game. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs!
[/quote]

We had more turnovers than usual for sure.  Gotta give Dayton credit for some of that, but we forced some passes.  Our press break is different than what you normally see.  Slower, passing-based, but effective. 

[quote name="HillGuy" post="955275" timestamp="1296079234"]
[quote author=Bronco/Cat Fan link=topic=79246.msg955258#msg955258 date=1296077809]
[/quote]

We had more turnovers than usual for sure.  Gotta give Dayton credit for some of that, but we forced some passes.  Our press break is different than what you normally see.  Slower, passing-based, but effective. 
[/quote]
HillGuy don't give up to much info.  ;D  You have teams, on here, you might be playing later on down the road... Lol..

[quote name="jr1979" post="955540" timestamp="1296102673"]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=79246.msg955275#msg955275 date=1296079234]
[quote author=Bronco/Cat Fan link=topic=79246.msg955258#msg955258 date=1296077809]
[/quote]

[/quote]
HillGuy don't give up to much info.  ;D  You have teams, on here, you might be playing later on down the road... Lol..
[/quote]

you think I'm being completely honest? ....  I got a bridge to sell in Brooklyn if you're interested  ;D

[quote name="HillGuy" post="955543" timestamp="1296102997"]
[quote author=jr1979 link=topic=79246.msg955540#msg955540 date=1296102673]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=79246.msg955275#msg955275 date=1296079234]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

you think I'm being completely honest? ....  I got a bridge to sell in Brooklyn if you're interested  ;D
[/quote]
LMAO... Good one..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476