In 21-3A who will be your No.1 pitcher?

[quote name="The12thMan" post="951580" timestamp="1295501175"]
i gotta go with the lefty Jenkins from Silsbee. He stay consistant at 90-91 he's gonna dominate if he stays healthy. He has a nasty curve and change up.
[/quote]

Lefty throwing 91 huh? Don't see that a lot in highschool. What is his full name and where has he decided to play college?

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="951585" timestamp="1295502700"]
[quote author=The12thMan link=topic=79004.msg951580#msg951580 date=1295501175]
i gotta go with the lefty Jenkins from Silsbee. He stay consistant at 90-91 he's gonna dominate if he stays healthy. He has a nasty curve and change up.
[/quote]

Lefty throwing 91 huh? Don't see that a lot in highschool. What is his full name and where has he decided to play college?
[/quote]

Funny perfect game has a  Colby Jenkins  from silsbee throwing 83 as of October 2010 and 82 as of June 2010.  Wow so you are saying he gained 7 mph in 4 months  :o.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="951586" timestamp="1295503233"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=79004.msg951585#msg951585 date=1295502700]
[quote author=The12thMan link=topic=79004.msg951580#msg951580 date=1295501175]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Funny perfect game has a  Colby Jenkins  from silsbee throwing 83 as of October 2010 and 82 as of June 2010.  Wow so you are saying he gained 7 mph in 4 months  :o.
[/quote]

Jenkins has came back from Tommy Johnand is slowly gaining back his velocity. I have personally seen him touch 88, but not consistantly.  Colby is only a junior, so he hasn't committed anywhere yet falcon, but he has offers.  Not to sure why you are so quick to try and talk smack on a kid.

Jenkins has came a long way,In june he was 1 year from surgery and was only hitting 82-84 he worked hard all summer and went to SFA camp in Nov. were they clocked him at 89 for a high,you can check SFA website for camp results and see for yourself i believe they clocked him at87-89,he has been working with a local coach and has improved his mechanics and strength and has hit 91 will throwing bullpens.

Guest Abraham
[quote name="77bowtie" post="951620" timestamp="1295531056"]
Jenkins has came a long way,In june he was 1 year from surgery and was only hitting 82-84 he worked hard all summer and went to SFA camp in Nov. were they clocked him at 89 for a high,you can check SFA website for camp results and see for yourself i believe thy show 87-88,he has been working with a local coach and has improved his mechanics and strength and has hit 91 will throwing bullpens ,you can contact that coach @409-779-1013
[/quote]

I don't think this kid is as good as you say I mean for him to be throwing that hard how come I haven't heard of him???

I was not talking smack on a kid. Like I said before perfect game has him throwing 83 in October. Now someone has said he jumped to 89 in November. I find that very hard to belive. I don't know where I would go to find the sfa camp results. Can you post a link to the website?

BTW JR RHP Dustin Cook from Huffman is verbally committed to Houston. You can commit to a college when you are a jr, and if he is really a LHP throwing 91 he will be picked up very fast.

[quote name="Nephew" post="951694" timestamp="1295539872"]
http://sfajacks.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/sasu/sports/m-basebl/auto_pdf/HSiEvaluationCamp

He has only been to one perfect game event and that was in june at mckinney

[/quote]

Sorry they have going to two. The showcase in Brennan in June and the PG WWBA South Qualifier in Round Rock in October where he was clocked at 83.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=195282

The link you posted took me to a blank page. I think the problem is my computer. I will check it when I get home. I never said he couldn't throw 90 I said it is very rare to find a LHP throwing 90 as a JR in highschool. I tend to trust perfect game tho since in my experience it has been pretty accurate when it comes to player evaluations.

[/quote]

[/quote]

My son was one of the catcher's at the Lamar camp during Christmas break, he stood behind the radar gun and said Jenkins's fast ball was reading 88-90.  I do not know him personally but everyone I have heard speak of him speaks very highly.

[quote name="the sports guy" post="951828" timestamp="1295553983"]
Jenkins is for real.  Doesnt matter what ball he picks up.......he is a natural.  Good young man.  

If you dont know about him....it is ok.

I am sure the ones that do know about him - make a living working for good organizations.

He works hard for the things he loves.  One of the things he loves is baseball.  

[/quote]

Good post.

I still wish he would have played basketball this season. He could sure shoot the 3!!

Silsbee will bring two top notch pitchers this year that will team up with Lance Brown and Justin Flowers to make a very competive pitching staff. Clint Scoggins and Colby Jenkins are back from Tommy John surgery after missing last year. Both of these boys are hitting 90 and have some good second and third pitches to go along with the heat. These two have been rehabing the past year and are really excited to get on the mound for Silsbee this year. Its has been a painful and exhusting come back for these two. Time will tell the hole truth, but watching these two rehab this summer and fall they look good. Ether of these two can be the starter. Can't wait for some Tiger Baseball.

[quote name="STiger85" post="952016" timestamp="1295579687"]
Silsbee will bring two top notch pitchers this year that will team up with Lance Brown and Justin Flowers to make a very competive pitching staff. Clint Scoggins and Colby Jenkins are back from Tommy John surgery after missing last year. Both of these boys are hitting 90 and have some good second and third pitches to go along with the heat. These two have been rehabing the past year and are really excited to get on the mound for Silsbee this year. Its has been a painful and exhusting come back for these two. Time will tell the hole truth, but watching these two rehab this summer and fall they look good. Ether of these two can be the starter. Can't wait for some Tiger Baseball.
[/quote]

Great news.

Is Clint your son or nephew?

Silsbee's pitching staff is loaded now that they have two of ther top pitchers back. With Jenkins, Scoggins, Brown, and Flowers they have a shot at the 1st place title. All the seniors want this to be THE season that they can remember for a lifetime. They are going to prove a point in the district. Silsbee is the team to beat.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name="BigHawk" post="967669" timestamp="1297956202"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=79004.msg951504#msg951504 date=1295493860]
In 21-3A who will be your No.1 pitcher?

Bridge City- Zoch

Hamshire-Fannett-?

Hardin-Jefferson- Greer

Orangefield- Evans

Silsbee- Jenkins

West Orange-Stark- Anderson

[/quote]

[quote name="STiger85" post="952016" timestamp="1295579687"]
Silsbee will bring two top notch pitchers this year that will team up with Lance Brown and Justin Flowers to make a very competive pitching staff. Clint Scoggins and Colby Jenkins are back from Tommy John surgery after missing last year. Both of these boys are [b]hitting 90[/b] and have some good second and third pitches to go along with the heat. These two have been rehabing the past year and are really excited to get on the mound for Silsbee this year. Its has been a painful and exhusting come back for these two. Time will tell the hole truth, but watching these two rehab this summer and fall they look good. Ether of these two can be the starter. Can't wait for some Tiger Baseball.
[/quote]
I watched a silsbee scrimmage about a week ago and they do have some pretty good pitching. But I didn't see a soul throwing 90. Not saying they don't throw that, but I didn't see it.... But they do have a pretty good pitching staff and I think they have a great shot at making the playoffs. Good luck

[quote name="chupacabra" post="967695" timestamp="1297957943"]
[quote author=STiger85 link=topic=79004.msg952016#msg952016 date=1295579687]
Silsbee will bring two top notch pitchers this year that will team up with Lance Brown and Justin Flowers to make a very competive pitching staff. Clint Scoggins and Colby Jenkins are back from Tommy John surgery after missing last year. Both of these boys are [b]hitting 90[/b] and have some good second and third pitches to go along with the heat. These two have been rehabing the past year and are really excited to get on the mound for Silsbee this year. Its has been a painful and exhusting come back for these two. Time will tell the hole truth, but watching these two rehab this summer and fall they look good. Ether of these two can be the starter. Can't wait for some Tiger Baseball.
[/quote]
I watched a silsbee scrimmage about a week ago and they do have some pretty good pitching. But I didn't see a soul throwing 90. Not saying they don't throw that, but I didn't see it.... But they do have a pretty good pitching staff and I think they have a great shot at making the playoffs. Good luck
[/quote]

Your right. In 38 degrees against Woodville they didn't look like they got up there. I know against Liberty they where hitting 85-89 in warmups and it was colder. All we need is to play defense. We cant have any errors and let batters on base. Get these pitchers hitting there spots and play error free, good things will happen for Tiger baseball.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83