**WOS @ SILSBEE Broadcast**/SILSBEE WINS 56-47!!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="stevenash" post="950880" timestamp="1295410709"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=78880.msg950830#msg950830 date=1295408533]
WOS may beat Silsbee. DC has 4 fouls late!
[/quote]

Four fouls?  How could that be.  He didn' t commit any in the last game.
[/quote]
He had 2 fouls early and then committed a 3rd on a questionable call which he supposedly said something to a ref about and so the ref hit him with a technical to make it 4 fouls total

With Silsbee missing Lane & D.C. in the game the team did a great job holing off WOS for the win
which just shows you how deep this Tiger team is

Got to give it to WOS they are good!!!
Very athletic and well coached
watch out HJ

WOS played very well.  I wasn't sure about them earlier in the season,  now they are a very strong bet for that third playoff spot.  The Tigers  have not shot the ball well the last two games,  granted some of that is credited to both HJ and WOS but even open shots and inside shots haven't been falling. DC got frustrated tonight and it showed.  His third foul was a little questionable,  not necessarily a bad call,  but he lost his cool a little and drew the T.  The bench played very well tonight,  they earned this win.  DC has to not let the refs and other parts of the game not effect him so much.  Play his game and let the rest fall where it may.  We need to find a way to et the ball to him inside more.  Teams are sagging on him and making it hard,  we just need to work harder and start the offense through him.  It will make it easier for everyone.  I hope Prentice isn't out for too long, even with our depth missing one of your top 2 players is tough.

Silsbee trailed 45-42 with under 4 minutes remaining, then finished the game with a 14-2 run to get the hard fought win. Silsbee's defense is what won this game for them. The offense definitely sputtered tonight but that was because the Mustangs played great defense themselves. Credit to WOS for taking it to the Tigers tonight. In the end, it was Silsbee's experience in big games that won it for them down the stretch.

Not having Lane the whole 2nd half hurt the Tigers offensively and couple that with DC having to sit for 10 of the 16 minutes in the 2nd half, made matters worse. Silsbee definitely gutted this one out. Kudos to the Tiger bench for pulling them through. Again, it's the strength of this team that the Tigers have over their 21-3A opponents, a much deeper bench.

Chris Elam came off the bench to lead Silsbee in scoring, getting 16 points. Stallworth finished with 11, getting 7 in the last 4 minutes of the game. Gaines had 10 and Lane finished with 8, only playing the one half.

Robert Redd led WOS with 17, while D'Andrus Brooks had 11.

Silsbee was a dismal 2 for 18 from the 3 point line, 11%, while WOS went 6 for 19, 31%. Silsbee out rebounded WOS, 42-32.

Silsbee shot 14 of 21 from the free throw line for 66%, WOS was 15 for 20, 75%.

Silsbee improves to 21-2, 2-0 in district, WOS falls to 11-12, 1-1.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="stevenash" post="951208" timestamp="1295465111"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=78880.msg951149#msg951149 date=1295458866]
Nope your wrong. Tigers by 20.
[/quote]

When are we going to have the golf match?  Maybe it is taking you a while to gather your $ or perhaps to practice?  (all the practice in the world will change NOTHING)
[/quote]

Nash,

I once told a fellow that he couldn't pratice enough in the lifetime that he had left to be able to beat me.  So far, I'm right.  I sense a similarity here. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami