Congrats Grayson Sutherland from HJ!!!!

Lazeek

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="946673" timestamp="1294843359"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=78621.msg946655#msg946655 date=1294841826]
Just a question  Why were they still shooting 3s with a 50 point lead??? ???
[/quote]At least Jack Yates High isn't alone in burying their opponents. Can't knock HJ for this one.
[/quote]

C :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="True Blue" post="946676" timestamp="1294843637"]
The same questions were asked when Kountze beat that team by 100 the other night.. And you can bet if that was my kid I would be asking him the same question. JMO that record ( 11  3s) would mean more if it was to come this fridaynight :D
[/quote]

Are you saying that he shouldnt have taken those shots and he should have been "saving" those efforts for Friday?  The young man is a shooter and in some games, he may only get off 1 or 2 attempts.  He is taught to take the open shot when he has it without any other consideration as the coaching staff will make the other decisions.  I watched him make 5 of his first seven, so the percentage suggests that he was not forcing shots but rather taking them when it seemed prudent.  Looks like he made a lot of good decisions.

[quote name="stevenash" post="946681" timestamp="1294844039"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=78621.msg946675#msg946675 date=1294843603]
Yeah, as much as I hate giving HJ some props, I have to call it like it is.. >:(
[/quote]

Ah, yes, Doves veiled admiration for the program is shining through!
[/quote]Even da Dove has a weaker side.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="946685" timestamp="1294844170"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78621.msg946681#msg946681 date=1294844039]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=78621.msg946675#msg946675 date=1294843603]
Yeah, as much as I hate giving HJ some props, I have to call it like it is.. >:(
[/quote]

Ah, yes, Doves veiled admiration for the program is shining through!
[/quote]Even da Dove has a weaker side.
[/quote]

Agreed- Just didnt expect it to show through.

I think Sutherland is still trying to get into basketball shape.  He's 4 or 5 weeks behind everyone else because of the ankle injury, so I would give him as much playing time as possible to get the feel of the game.  Those 3 pointers are a lot easier in the 1st quarter when your legs are fresh than in the 4th when you are dragging your feet out of weary.  This warm-up game with Legacy was the perfect time to give him this opportunity.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="946720" timestamp="1294847004"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=78621.msg946718#msg946718 date=1294846811]
Since when did a scheduled game be classified as a "warmup" game? ;) ;D
[/quote] :D I was wondering the same thing.
[/quote]

Possibly a "knock" on HJs scheduling?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="946730" timestamp="1294847420"]
My reply was not a knock on the scheduling, but just saw it as disrespecting Legacy.

Legacy plays lots of local teams, including Silsbee (first game of the season, Silsbee won 114-57).

LAZEEK, I don't pay much attention to BADSANTA's posts, but figured others knew better. ;)
[/quote]No disrespect to Legacy was intended.  Kudos to those guys for the schedule that they have each year.  But you can't think that HJ figured this was going to be an even matchup, or they would have never scheduled it so close to the anticipated battle with Silsbee this Friday.

C'mon, guys!  Not every comment needs to be twisted around.  I mean, this isn't the Democratic Party, now is it?  ;)

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="946716" timestamp="1294846617"]
I think Sutherland is still trying to get into basketball shape.  He's 4 or 5 weeks behind everyone else because of the ankle injury, so I would give him as much playing time as possible to get the feel of the game.  Those 3 pointers are a lot easier in the 1st quarter when your legs are fresh than in the 4th when you are dragging your feet out of weary.  This warm-up game with Legacy was the perfect time to give him this opportunity.
[/quote]  [color=crimson]"This warm-up game with Legacy was the perfect time to give him this opportunity."[/color] Kind of a put down towards Legacy or at least comes out like it is ???

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="946742" timestamp="1294848251"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=78621.msg946718#msg946718 date=1294846811]
Since when did a scheduled game be classified as a "warmup" game? ;) ;D
[/quote]What would you call it?

I think its akin to some teams who have "warm up" tournaments?  ;)
[/quote]

I would call it a regular season, non-district game that was scheduled well in advance of the start of the season, just like every other game that is on a team's schedule before district play begins, including the first game of the season and tournament games.

Most folks consider "warmup" games as those scheduled at the end of district play between two playoff teams that get together to keep fresh going into the playoffs.

That's what I would call it. Going by your standards, all games played during the season other than district is considered "warmup" games.

I can see were both of you could be right. In all truth the only games that mean anything are Dist. and playoffs. All games played before dist. could be looked at as warmup games for dist. play.And any games played by teams headed in to the playoffs, before the playoffs, could be look at as warmup game for the playoffs. So the fact is that when dist starts ever team is 0 and 0..

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="946730" timestamp="1294847420"]
My reply was not a knock on the scheduling, but just saw it as disrespecting Legacy.

Legacy plays lots of local teams, including Silsbee (first game of the season, Silsbee won 114-57).

LAZEEK, I don't pay much attention to BADSANTA's posts, but figured others knew better. ;)
[/quote]
So Silsbee beats Legacy by 57 & HJ beats Legacy by 50 - so does Silsbee beat HJ by 7 Friday night? 

I made my prediction on the preview show Monday night, should have listened. ;D

BTW, Silsbee played Legacy in the first game of the season minus 2 of their starters and two key reserves (all due to football, Silsbee had just finished the football playoffs).

That's too much time between games to make any kind of comparison.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="946757" timestamp="1294848866"]
I think the warmup game used by faninthestands was in jest to BADSANTA's post on another thread.

If I wrong, then pardon me!!! ;D ;D
[/quote]No, sadly, my use of "warm up" game was meant the way I said it.  I think HJ scheduled this game just to keep the wheels well-oiled before they start district.   If people take that to mean that I'm slammng Legacy, then people got WAY too much start in their jeans.  

If other people have different definitions of "warm up" games, then that's there business.  If there is a "proper grammar for all basketball terms" book out there, just give me the Amazon link.  ;)  Until then, loosen up, people.

And Lazeek, thanks for offering me a life preserver!  ;)

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="946772" timestamp="1294850276"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=78621.msg946757#msg946757 date=1294848866]
I think the warmup game used by faninthestands was in jest to BADSANTA's post on another thread.

[/quote]No, sadly, my use of "warm up" game was meant the way I said it.  I think HJ scheduled this game just to keep the wheels well-oiled before they start district.   If people take that to mean that I'm slammng Legacy, then people got WAY too much start in their jeans. 

If other people have different definitions of "warm up" games, then that's there business.  If there is a "proper grammar for all basketball terms" book out there, just give me the Amazon link.  ;)  Until then, loosen up, people.
[/quote]You dissed Legacy! Plain and simple. Now I wanna hear from the Legacy people now ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="946776" timestamp="1294850437"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=78621.msg946772#msg946772 date=1294850276]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=78621.msg946757#msg946757 date=1294848866]

[/quote]No, sadly, my use of "warm up" game was meant the way I said it.  I think HJ scheduled this game just to keep the wheels well-oiled before they start district.   If people take that to mean that I'm slammng Legacy, then people got WAY too much start in their jeans. 

If other people have different definitions of "warm up" games, then that's there business.  If there is a "proper grammar for all basketball terms" book out there, just give me the Amazon link.  ;)  Until then, loosen up, people.
[/quote]You dissed Legacy! Plain and simple. Now I wanna hear from the Legacy people now ;D
[/quote]Should I ask my Christian Brothers to take the high road and forgive my poor choice of reasoning?  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed