Beaumont West Brook vs. West Orange-Stark Game Thread/WO-S Wins!!!

In the west end, we really care nothing about basketball.  It's something for the kids to do pass the time.   I like to play it, but watching it is rather boring, like soccer or golf.  You can blame it on the coach, but most likely, it's because we don't care.   By the way, we don't have 3000 kids and are not even close.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="westend1" post="943543" timestamp="1294358202"]
In the west end, we really care nothing about basketball.  It's something for the kids to do pass the time.   I like to play it, but watching it is rather boring, like soccer or golf.  You can blame it on the coach, but most likely, it's because we don't care.   By the way, we don't have 3000 kids and are not even close.
[/quote] Well how many kids do yall have. ??? ??? ??? ???

[quote name="westend1" post="943543" timestamp="1294358202"]
[/quote]

First of all, are you speaking for yourself or all of West End when speaking of "not caring"? Second, what are the reasons for the West End to not care? Third, did the West End care when the Bruins were winning (quarterfinals in 2001, regionals in 2000) or did they not care before? Is it safe to say that the West End doesn't care because West Brook is losing?

Which is it, the chicken or the egg?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="943582" timestamp="1294363738"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=78265.msg943543#msg943543 date=1294358202]
[/quote]

First of all, are you speaking for yourself or all of West End when speaking of "not caring"? Second, what are the reasons for the West End to not care? Third, did the West End care when the Bruins were winning (quarterfinals in 2001, regionals in 2000) or did they not care before? Is it safe to say that the West End doesn't care because West Brook is losing?

Which is it, the chicken or the egg?
[/quote]

The chicken, I guess.  Go to any Brook game. whether winning or losing.  You will see a group of parents and a small group of dedicated students.  I go to some games, but not many.  Basketball is just not a big draw in the west end.  Maybe, if they go a few rounds deep. a few more people will show up, but i bet there weren't that many who went to the quaterfinals.  Maybe you were there?  How many Brook fans did you see?

[quote name="CATMAN" post="943568" timestamp="1294362180"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=78265.msg943543#msg943543 date=1294358202]
[/quote] Well how many kids do yall have. ??? ??? ??? ???
[/quote]

The last senior class had less than 600.  I think the official number is around 2400.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086