Texas

aTmfan06

• 3 weeks later...
Went to the game yesterday. Man, they are solid. UConn got very lucky so many times throughout the game. UT's defense didn't even take the court for a 5 minute period early in the second half, which cost them the game. UT is really solid, and very young.

[quote name="AJ25" post="945184" timestamp="1294616501"]
Went to the game yesterday. Man, they are solid. UConn got very lucky so many times throughout the game. UT's defense didn't even take the court for a 5 minute period early in the second half, which cost them the game. UT is really solid, and very young.
[/quote]

like that 3-pointer in OT?  30-footer, off-balanced off a deflected ball, not even looking at the rim when he started the shot.  without that, Texas wins.

[quote name="bullets13" post="945311" timestamp="1294638253"]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=77928.msg945184#msg945184 date=1294616501]
[/quote]

like that 3-pointer in OT?  30-footer, off-balanced off a deflected ball, not even looking at the rim when he started the shot.  without that, Texas wins.
[/quote]

Or the 32 footer shot during UConn's long run early in the second half.. Dude put up a horrible shot that bounced off the back of the backboard and it fell in. Also, the non-goal tending call with 8 seconds left in over time that cost Texas a 2 point lead. Lots of things went UConn's way.

If this group stayed together one more year minus Johnson, it would be a National title, but that is not the current state of College basketball!! If UT only loses Hamilton & Johnson, they would still be scary good.  The big whole is only having one 4 star forward recruit coming in.  Barnes has absolutely only three potential forwards on next years team if Thompson doesnt leave.  Wangmene, Thomas, 6'9" High Schooler Johnathan Holmes.  If Thomas leaves with Hamilton, Texas is in Big Trouble for next season!!!!!  I hope DeAndre Daniels and Kevin Thomas ink their offers too!

I only talked about next season because I believe Texas is still one year away from being a consistant top ten team.

Next Years Starting 5

Thompson
Holmes
Brown
Kabongo
Joseph

Bench (shallow)
Wangmene
McClellan
Julien Lewis

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="945419" timestamp="1294677150"]
If this group stayed together one more year minus Johnson, it would be a National title, but that is not the current state of College basketball!! If UT only loses Hamilton & Johnson, they would still be scary good.  The big whole is only having one 4 star forward recruit coming in.  Barnes has absolutely only three potential forwards on next years team if Thompson doesnt leave.  Wangmene, Thomas, 6'9" High Schooler Johnathan Holmes.  If Thomas leaves with Hamilton, Texas is in Big Trouble for next season!!!!!  I hope DeAndre Daniels and Kevin Thomas ink their offers too!

I only talked about next season because I believe Texas is still one year away from being a consistant top ten team.

Next Years Starting 5

Thompson
Holmes
Brown
Kabongo
Joseph

Bench (shallow)
Wangmene
McClellan
Julien Lewis

[/quote]

I think Barnes is hoping that only Johnson leaves. Their recruiting class is very small, but [b]very[/b] good. I think UT has a solid chance this year to make a serious run at the title..

[quote name="AJ25" post="946616" timestamp="1294814150"]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=77928.msg945419#msg945419 date=1294677150]

Next Years Starting 5

That is high hopes... He currently has 6 scholarships open for next year and only has one big inked.  He is looking to ink 2 hybrid 6'7" forwards like he likes (i.e. PJ Tucker, Gary Johnson, & Damion James)!

Thompson
Holmes
Brown
Kabongo
Joseph

Bench (shallow)
Wangmene
McClellan
Julien Lewis

[/quote]

I think Barnes is hoping that only Johnson leaves. Their recruiting class is very small, but [b]very[/b] good. I think UT has a solid chance this year to make a serious run at the title..
[/quote]

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="946658" timestamp="1294842116"]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=77928.msg946616#msg946616 date=1294814150]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=77928.msg945419#msg945419 date=1294677150]

Next Years Starting 5

That is high hopes... He currently has 6 scholarships open for next year and only has one big inked.  He is looking to ink 2 hybrid 6'7" forwards like he likes (i.e. PJ Tucker, Gary Johnson, & Damion James)!

Thompson
Holmes
Brown
Kabongo
Joseph

Bench (shallow)
Wangmene
McClellan
Julien Lewis

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

That is high hopes, especially in the age of one-and-done!... He currently has 6 scholarships open for next year and only has one big inked.  He is looking to ink 2 hybrid 6'7" forwards like he likes (i.e. PJ Tucker, Gary Johnson, & Damion James)!

• 2 weeks later...
Texas is as good as any team in the nation.  look at their wins:

(Rankings are at the time the game was played)

#16 Illinois
North Carolina
#12 Michigan St.
#10 aTm
#2 Kansas (end KU's 69 game home winning streak!)

3 losses

2-point loss to #4 pitt
1-point loss in OT to #9 UCONN (after the luckiest shot i've seen all year gave UCONN the lead)
17-point loss @ USC (the horns only bad game all year, although USC is a decent team)

Even though last year's team was very good, this team is better for a few reasons:

this team has more scorers than last year. Tristan Thomas is WAY better than Dexter Pittman, and Jordan Hamilton is unstoppable.  J Brown has been fantastic this year, and has cut his turnovers way down.  Corey Joseph also scores in bunches.

Defense: the horns' D was good last year, but they're one of the best in the nation this year.  Balbay and Brown lock down opposing point guards, Hamilton shuts down the wings, and Thomas and Gary Johnson own the paint.  The Morris twins had to work their butts off today to COMBINE for 26 points and 12 boards on only 8-24 shooting.

Composure: This team was able to come back from as deep as a 15-point deficit, and a 12-point halftime deficit to win against what many people feel is the best team in the country.  Last year's team would've folded like a lawnchair.  This team IS good enough to win a national championship, because they can beat ANYONE in the country.

[quote name="bullets13" post="953140" timestamp="1295739347"]
Even though last year's team was very good, this team is better for a few reasons:

this team has more scorers than last year. Tristan Thomas is WAY better than Dexter Pittman, and Jordan Hamilton is unstoppable.  J Brown has been fantastic this year, and has cut his turnovers way down.  Corey Joseph also scores in bunches.

Defense: the horns' D was good last year, but they're one of the best in the nation this year.  Balbay and Brown lock down opposing point guards, Hamilton shuts down the wings, and Thomas and Gary Johnson own the paint.  The Morris twins had to work their butts off today to COMBINE for 26 points and 12 boards on only 8-24 shooting.

Composure: This team was able to come back from as deep as a 15-point deficit, and a 12-point halftime deficit to win against what many people feel is the best team in the country.  Last year's team would've folded like a lawnchair.  This team IS good enough to win a national championship, because they can beat ANYONE in the country.

[/quote]

8)

[quote name="bullets13" post="953140" timestamp="1295739347"]

[/quote]

Excellent evaluation, bullets13.

[quote name="TheGame" post="953716" timestamp="1295849271"]
Wow great game by longhorns and J'covan sufficating d. But I 'm  :Da bit curious what happened to the haters saying he never make it to or at texas. Also saying no p/t and fresh were playing better my how tones have changed.
[/quote]

:D I was kinda thinkin the same thing.. JB has been given the opportunity and is doing work

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami