Lamar signs offensive lineman from Mizzou

lcm2007ms

This guy was a rivals 3 star recruit out of high school so he must have some talent.  If nothing else he adds a lot of depth to the OL.

I did find this bit of info on Davis:

[quote]Mid-August:  Offensive linemen Taylor Davis and Daniel Jenkins are dismissed from team for disciplinary issues.[/quote]

http://www.mizzourahblog.com/Page-9.html

And here:

[quote]To clarify, the two linemen were repeat offenders of team violations, as I understand it. Davis had been suspended for most of preseason camp.[/quote]

http://m.columbiatribune.com/weblogs/behind-the-stripes/2010/aug/24/bts-practice-report-back-for-more/

[quote name="sleepy" post="936944" timestamp="1292941987"]
That is exactly how we win.  Give kids a second chance. The ones that mess up.............say see ya to em.  The ones that don't make you look like a genius.  You cannot and I repeat cannot win in FCS football without taking chances like this!
[/quote]

Sleepy, some people don't get it or they have some personal issues. If they don't remember making mistakes as a teenager or young adult (17-22 yr olds) they must be perfect.

Like you stated give the kid a second chance and if he/she screws it up then the coaching staff should say good bye.

[quote name="sleepy" post="936944" timestamp="1292941987"]
That is exactly how we win.  Give kids a second chance. The ones that mess up.............say see ya to em.  The ones that don't make you look like a genius.  You cannot and I repeat cannot win in FCS football without taking chances like this!
[/quote]

False, Sczur up at Villanova almost lead that team to a second national championship and he is a model citizen. You don't have to be a program that shops at Thugs-R-Us for quality football players

[quote name="JJWooten" post="937307" timestamp="1292993059"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=77765.msg936944#msg936944 date=1292941987]
That is exactly how we win.  Give kids a second chance. The ones that mess up.............say see ya to em.  The ones that don't make you look like a genius.  You cannot and I repeat cannot win in FCS football without taking chances like this!
[/quote]

False, Sczur up at Villanova almost lead that team to a second national championship and he is a model citizen. You don't have to be a program that shops at Thugs-R-Us for quality football players
[/quote]

No you don't but when you are starting a new program and you want to win now these are the things you have to do.  You guys act like these kids committed murder.  They had some discipline problems and if the screw around here they will be gone.  The risk will in the long term will be worth the reward.  Some will workout........some won't.  The ones that do will be special.

I don't get some of you guys.  You come on here moaning about how bad we are at certain positions and how if we don't improve the coaches will be gone.  We go get a big 12 offensive lineman and people find a negative.  Simply amazing!!!

If this were the basketball team getting a Big 12 transfer we would be crowing the cards the next Southland Champions.  Not in football though.  Mysterious to me.

[quote name="sleepy" post="937385" timestamp="1293022493"]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=77765.msg937307#msg937307 date=1292993059]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=77765.msg936944#msg936944 date=1292941987]
[/quote]

[/quote]

No you don't but when you are starting a new program and you want to win now these are the things you have to do.  You guys act like these kids committed murder.  They had some discipline problems and if the screw around here they will be gone.  The risk will in the long term will be worth the reward.  Some will workout........some won't.  The ones that do will be special.

I don't get some of you guys.  You come on here moaning about how bad we are at certain positions and how if we don't improve the coaches will be gone.  We go get a big 12 offensive lineman and people find a negative.  Simply amazing!!!

If this were the basketball team getting a Big 12 transfer we would be crowing the cards the next Southland Champions.  Not in football though.  Mysterious to me.
[/quote]

I agree!

Me, I like JJWooten as a poster from SHSU as he doesn't call people names or try to start an argument. I think this is probably his honest opinion.

However, I agree with sleepy and coachacola in given these guys a second chance. Really it is a small number of players when you think of an 85 man roster.

I bet if he knew the ins and outs of the players at SHSU I'm sure with the number of players there you could find a character issue in a few players.

Look at their red-shirt freshman RB transfer from Kansas State. What is he a quitter for leaving K-State?

I don't think so.

The only problem I see with 2nd chances are the NCAA rules on graduation rates affecting scholarships.  Do not want to imply that it would have made a difference in the basketball program the last couple of years but Lamar did loose two basketball scholarships for one year and one for a second if I rember correctly for players not graduating.  I think the dephth required for football could hurt more to loose some scholarships.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder