Yates vs Findley Prep on ESPN

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple things based on some previous posts....

Yates would not have beaten Findlay last year. Cory Joseph and Tristan Thompson would have had their way last year.

The PG for Findlay is not similar to Augustin. He's bigger stronger and faster than Augustin could ever think about being.

All that being said Yates is terrible in the half court. Not enough shooting and too much isolation. Yates staying in the press was madness. I mean they were basically trying to press a College team. Think about it they have a kid going to Texas, the kid going to Arizona who by the way is biggggg time, the kid going to St. Johns, a SOPHOMORE who plays like a senior committed to UNLV.

I'd like to see this starting five of Findlay against Lamars starting five.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="934612" timestamp="1292564219"]
Yeah its easy to get players like that when you recruit from all over the world.
[/quote]

What's the problem with this? They do not compete for state championships. They play predominantly other prep schools and the best in the nation. They provide players with almost certainly getting a scholarship and a free education in College.

Nope nothing wrong with it. It is a great opportunity for the kids that get invited to attend the school. However I don't think its right to include any school that can recruit their players in the same national polls as schools who don't. As everyone knows Yates finished last year #1 in the nation (whether they were the best team or not we will never know) and they draw their players from a select area in inner city Houston. A school that has players from all over the world should beat a team that only has players from a certain district.

[quote name="ballin4life" post="934642" timestamp="1292591564"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=77653.msg934612#msg934612 date=1292564219]
Yeah its easy to get players like that when you recruit from all over the world.
[/quote]

Yates also recruit
[/quote]From all over the world?  The country?  Texas?  ::)  Now I'm not arguing what they do in their city...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="934643" timestamp="1292591949"]
[quote author=ballin4life link=topic=77653.msg934642#msg934642 date=1292591564]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=77653.msg934612#msg934612 date=1292564219]
[/quote]

Yates also recruit
[/quote]From all over the world?  The country?  Texas?   ::)  Now I'm not arguing what they do in their city...
[/quote]

No not the world or country, but city yea. I'm not arguing just saying.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="934685" timestamp="1292596395"]
I was wondering if Findley plays 5th year seniors? Those guys were just too confident and mature in their play. Makes a big difference as a 5th year senior.
[/quote]

I'm not sure, but doesn't Oak Hil Academy (Virginia) do that?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="934685" timestamp="1292596395"]
I was wondering if Findley plays 5th year seniors? Those guys were just too confident and mature in their play. Makes a big difference as a 5th year senior.
[/quote]

No 5th year players, all 4 year guys. Avery Bradley, Tristian Thompson and Corey Joseph all attended school. The kids actually attend Henderson International High School, the name Findlay comes from a guy name Cliff Findlay who funds the program. Henderson has no sports programs.

[quote name="palincoln4life" post="934727" timestamp="1292600506"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=77653.msg934685#msg934685 date=1292596395]
[/quote]

No 5th year players, all 4 year guys. Avery Bradley, Tristian Thompson and Corey Joseph all attended school. The kids actually attend Henderson International High School, the name Findlay comes from a guy name Cliff Findlay who funds the program. Henderson has no sports programs.
[/quote]

Thanks palincoln4life. 

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="934710" timestamp="1292599214"]
[/quote]

[/quote]Yep! I know Oak Hill does.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="934739" timestamp="1292601828"]
[quote author=KHSAlum400 link=topic=77653.msg934710#msg934710 date=1292599214]
[/quote]

[/quote]Yep! I know Oak Hill does.
[/quote]Yes, they do

Guest Two-Dogs...
Not sure I understand that concept at the high school level. Why wouldn't a kid that good already be in a collegiate program if he is finished with high school? or are we talking about kids who were "redshirted" as 1st graders that are now seniors?

[quote name="Two-Dogs..." post="934757" timestamp="1292603105"]
Not sure I understand that concept at the high school level. Why wouldn't a kid that good already be in a collegiate program if he is finished with high school? or are we talking about kids who were "redshirted" as 1st graders that are now seniors?
[/quote]

In a lot of cases, kids go to "Prep Schools" to get an additional year at the high school level. Alot of college actually place these kids at the Prep Schools to get them ready for the following school year, as the case with Christian Life in Humble. They have two teams. They have the actual high school team that came to the Nederland Classic and they also have a Prep squad, that has 5th year players. They have a kid that is going to Lamar next year that is enrolled at the Prep School. It also helps academically.

[quote name="Two-Dogs..." post="934757" timestamp="1292603105"]
[/quote]Different reasons. I remember reading a book about Carmello and his decison to attend Oak Hill. He was an academic underachiever from a big city. He got away from his negative environment and was able to acquire the academiic maturity he lacked. And was able to become eligible to enter a nice university ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed