**SILSBEE vs. GAL. BALL Broadcast**/Ball wins a nailbiter!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="932285" timestamp="1292244330"]
Gentlemen, G. Ball WON the game!  I don't care how they did it.  They made plays down the stretch after being down.  They held on at the end.  At the end of the day, they are still undefeated, still # 1 in the state.  Silsbee have 1 more loss for the season, which will not effect them much.  So stop trying to downplay Ball.  Tigers, move  on and get prepared to win your district outright.  Ball was the better team that night...
[/quote]Spoken like a true warrior with the battle scars to prove it 8)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Tiger05" post="932296" timestamp="1292248788"]
WOW!!  I hate that I had to miss the game because it sounded like a great one

Silsbee proved a lot of people wrong by showing that they could hang with Ball

I remember reading where some people said that the Christian Life game was the championship game or the HYCA game was the championship game but last time I checked those teams didn’t have a last minute chance to win the game against ball

Silsbee proved that they where the 2nd place team in this tournament & also proved that they are the best team in SETX

[/quote]

How did Silsbee prove they were the 2nd best team in the tournament????  They never had to play Christian Life or HYCA!!!  Just sayin!!!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="932319" timestamp="1292251800"]
BMYSoulja I don't care what Ball does. I'm just stating the facts. Why do you care? If Ozen plays them they will lose by 20+. All of the playes they could potentially lose due to drugs. Central will be a one and done team and West Brook will finish 3rd in district and come home 1st round. Please jump on the HJ and Silsbee banwagons before its too late.
[/quote]That's funny because it's not like Ozen barely beat yall.  They beat you 2 points shy of a double digit win.  And to say that Ozen gets beat by Ball by more than 20 based on what you posted above is just silly.  Jags my be 1 and done, but what does this have to do with the conversation here?  

There is one thing that Silsbee got out of this game that is as good as gold for the rest of the year.  They know that, whenever they stop on the court, they are going to face a team that they can beat.  No other team that they face the rest of the year will give them the test that Ball gave them, and they proved that they were up to the test.

Did they lose?  Yes, they lost the battle, but I think this may help them win the war!

......at least until they step into the Hawk's Nest!!!!  ::)

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="932320" timestamp="1292251886"]
Ozens best player is a former Silsbee native. Just like Jason Dabney a few years ago.
[/quote]Well, he's a Beaumont Resident now.  What you want to take credit for the Good past Kountze players too and call them Silsbee native?  Again, Grasping for straws is what it seems like to me...

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="932326" timestamp="1292252097"]
[quote author=Tiger05 link=topic=77340.msg932296#msg932296 date=1292248788]

I remember reading where some people said that the Christian Life game was the championship game or the HYCA game was the championship game but last time I checked those teams didn’t have a last minute chance to win the game against ball

Silsbee proved that they where the 2nd place team in this tournament & also proved that they are the best team in SETX

[/quote]

How did Silsbee prove they were the 2nd best team in the tournament????  They never had to play Christian Life or HYCA!!!  Just sayin!!!
[/quote]
Bottom line is that Silsbee ended up in 2nd place  ;D

Go back and look at the other scores from the teams that played Ball and you might find your answer

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="932297" timestamp="1292249019"]

[/quote] :D :D  I'm sure Ozen would think different. 
[/quote]
I would think that Ozen would need to be in the SETX Sports top 5 list before they could say something  :o :o :o

Trust me if you played Silsbee again with the full roster which you didn’t last time the outcome would be diffrent

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="932326" timestamp="1292252097"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Would you say HJ was the best in their tourney? They didn't play all the teams there either.

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="931776" timestamp="1292167828"]
[quote author=Versey Ledbetter link=topic=77340.msg931612#msg931612 date=1292127257]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=77340.msg931610#msg931610 date=1292127069]
Pupmom are you serious? Both teams fought hard and played well! Ball is the #6 ranked team in the country. Do you even know basketball?
[/quote]

In what country is Ball the #6 team?
[/quote]

I don't know where you get your information but Ball is NOT ranked in any of the major national polls. They are ranked #1 in 4A in Texas.

The only Texas team ranked in the USA Today is Yates... The #6 team is St. Anthonys, NJ!
[/quote]

[quote name="Tiger05" post="932341" timestamp="1292253288"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=77340.msg932297#msg932297 date=1292249019]

[/quote]
I would think that Ozen would need to be in the SETX Sports top 5 list before they could say something  :o :o :o

Trust me if you played Silsbee again with the full roster which you didn’t last time the outcome would be diffrent

[/quote]You may have an arguement.  But Ozen played the Silsbee team, not 'Johnny and Billy', the kids that didn't suit up.  Besides, Ozen have just as much depth, size, and athletisism as you guys.  But if you want to convince yourselft that it would be a for sure Tiger win, then knock yourself out with that notion...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="932349" timestamp="1292253661"]
[quote author=Tiger05 link=topic=77340.msg932341#msg932341 date=1292253288]

[/quote]

[/quote]You may have an arguement.  But Ozen played the Silsbee team, not 'Johnny and Billy', the kids that didn't suit up.  Besides, Ozen have just as much depth, size, and athletisism as you guys.  But if you want to convince yourselft that it would be a for sure Tiger win, then knock yourself out with that notion...
[/quote]
It seems that if they played right now everybody would bet on Silsbee
Because Silsbee does not have some of the recurring issues as Ozen
But hey it’s BISD  :D

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="932333" timestamp="1292252620"]
There is one thing that Silsbee got out of this game that is as good as gold for the rest of the year.  They know that, whenever they stop on the court, they are going to face a team that they can beat.  No other team that they face the rest of the year will give them the test that Ball gave them, and they proved that they were up to the test.

Did they lose?  Yes, they lost the battle, but I think this may help them win the war!

......at least until they step into the Hawk's Nest!!!!  ::)

[/quote]I was going along with what you were saying until you brought in HJ ;D

[quote name="Tiger05" post="932355" timestamp="1292254026"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=77340.msg932349#msg932349 date=1292253661]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]You know, I have a LOT of mud I can sling at you since you really left yourself open, but I will take the higher road and not entertain that.  But trust, I won't entertain it.  So go ahead and throw your boring cliched comments in... ::) ::)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="932369" timestamp="1292255139"]
[quote author=Tiger05 link=topic=77340.msg932355#msg932355 date=1292254026]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=77340.msg932349#msg932349 date=1292253661]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]You know, I have a LOT of mud I can sling at you since you really left yourself open, but I will take the higher road and not entertain that.  But trust, I won't entertain it.  So go ahead and throw your boring cliched comments in... ::) ::)
[/quote] I really don't have to anything  ;D

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="932379" timestamp="1292256790"]
What can you do as a BISD athelete...A). Smoke weed before a game...B). Show up to games and not class....C). Curse the coach out and check yourself into a game...D). Wear a none team issued uniform onto the floor....E) All of the above
[/quote]Yep, but continue to get 'exemplary' on our test scores.  Keep cracking jokes.  Seems like the kids are finding abundant time to study their lesson vs. what was stated in that ridiculous post above... ;)

We will see but E. is my vote. Could have added D). Hang out at Parkdale and wait to find a kid from another school wearing his  letterman jacket  and try to start a fight. F) Hand with Andre Boutett and try to pursade him to give me 20 dollars so I can buy a little something something before the game starts.