**SILSBEE vs. GAL. BALL Broadcast**/Ball wins a nailbiter!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="932149" timestamp="1292208837"]
Does sound neat! You maybe right, but Silsbee has always been big in football and basketball. Tons of D1 football players and a nice amount of NFL players. Also, a great girls basketball teams when I was there. Laquan Stallworth, Brandi Mccain, and Shandy Carter.
[/quote]

Seems as though you are reaching..........thought we were comparing HJ and Silsbee in BOYS BASKETBALL!!!!!

Just for the record.........it was thought that Jarvis Benard was HJ's All Time leading scorer in basketball with like 2100 points in his career.  Found out over the weekend that Yatisha Bosha holds the record with over 2900 points and was the 3A/4A Player of the Year one year.  Saw the player profile page when she was a player for Texas A&M with all the stats.  Pretty incredible..........she is also the aunt of HJ Freshman Zjori Bosha who has started every game this season for the Hawks!!!

Guest gladiator2
Whenever HJ lost to LCM did they have all of their player's? LCM is not very good, so I hope HJ did not have all of their player's. I've seen both team's play and I believe Silsbee has a much better team.

HJ did have Sutherland back and he was limited and has not played since.  Still suffering from high ankle sprain.  HJ will also get 6'2 Anderson back after the Christmas holidays but he may be limited as well as he had a torn ACL and Meniscus.  Had surgery for the Meniscus and is almost healed from it, but will wear a brace on his knee as well for the ACL.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="931973" timestamp="1292192333"]
Dove, how do you know that Ball wasn't focused last night? It was a tournament championship game. They looked as focused as any team Silsbee as faced all year.

Your first time to see Ball play this year yet you have the pulse of the team already. ::)

Keep trying to downplay the close win by Ball, just makes you look foolish.
[/quote]I'm the guy to tell you all the Ball guard play would make a difference. You've already backed me up with your previous post :P Trust me, Ball didn't take Silsbee serious. Its a mental thing in sports. Maybe something you're not familiar with (mental training in sports)......

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="932234" timestamp="1292214913"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=77340.msg931973#msg931973 date=1292192333]
Dove, how do you know that Ball wasn't focused last night? It was a tournament championship game. They looked as focused as any team Silsbee as faced all year.

Your first time to see Ball play this year yet you have the pulse of the team already. ::)

[/quote]I'm the guy to tell you all the Ball guard play would make a difference. You've already backed me up with your previous post :P Trust me, Ball didn't take Silsbee serious. Its a mental thing in sports. Maybe something you're not familiar with (mental training in sports)......
[/quote]

That goes right back to the head coach.  There is no excuse for a coach making a statement like that as far as I am concerned.  Yes you can have confidence in your team but never discount youir opponent that way.  If Ball was not taking the Tigers "serious" then it goes back to poor coaching in that respect.  One he motivated us even more and two he let his team overlook a talented team.  Shame on you Coach.

[quote name="ST413" post="932238" timestamp="1292215398"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=77340.msg932234#msg932234 date=1292214913]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=77340.msg931973#msg931973 date=1292192333]

[/quote]

That goes right back to the head coach.  There is no excuse for a coach making a statement like that as far as I am concerned.  Yes you can have confidence in your team but never discount youir opponent that way.  If Ball was not taking the Tigers "serious" then it goes back to poor coaching in that respect.  One he motivated us even more and two he let his team overlook a talented team.  Shame on you Coach.
[/quote]Thats my point!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="932243" timestamp="1292215675"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=77340.msg932241#msg932241 date=1292215614]
This site should be call the SILSBBE and the HJ ===SHJ-SPORT ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Silsbee and HJ keep this website going!!!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]Tried a HF takeover. But they stepped further  back to the end of the line.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="932247" timestamp="1292215875"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=77340.msg932243#msg932243 date=1292215675]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=77340.msg932241#msg932241 date=1292215614]
This site should be call the SILSBBE and the HJ ===SHJ-SPORT ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Silsbee and HJ keep this website going!!!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]Tried a HF takeover. But they stepped further  back to the end of the line.
[/quote] :D :D :D

[quote name="ST413" post="932248" timestamp="1292215948"]
Even at that,  after the first quarter we had their full attention.  A team that is supposed to be that much better than us should have been able to turn things around and take control,  especially when our top 2 were in foul trouble.
[/quote]True champions wake up in the final period and realize it's time to go to work in situations like this. Ball probably has not heard of Silsbee. Unless you're from the area, many people from the larger populated areas only keep up with 4-A and 5-A basketball.

The coach obviously downplayed Silsbee and no telling what he told his team before or after the game.  Do I think mentally that Ball was thinking it was a runaway game, they probably were.  Somewhere between the 1st and 2nd quarter the Ball players realized they were going to have to REALLY play to win this game. The problem now is Silsbee has confidence and whatever they thought before the game (if they thought they could not play with them) was gone.  Silsbee's momentum and confidence were high.  The BALL players probably started the game out slow thinking they would blow Silsbee out, escpecially if the coach is talking 20+ before the game (what ignorance on his part).  Regardless, Silsbee played with Ball, had them down 10 at one point and then only lost by 4.  The BALL players may have not been ready, but they would have started playing hard when they knew that it was not going to be easy. 
With all that being said, I dont think BALL will win State (even being #1 in the State and 6th in Nation) if they have a coach that is talking like that it will come back and bite him because he will under prepare for the wrong team at the wrong time.  Unless of course your Yates and you are beating everyone by 65+ and scoring 110 points in a 32 minute game.  I dont think Yates had a close game last year, at least with anyone in this state, Seven Lakes played them about as good as anyone could have.

Here is my take guys. Silsbee should have won. We missed 14 FT. Plane and simple. We out played Ball but we shot ourselves in the foot with missing that man FT. Ball won't beat Yates or Lamarque in a playoff game this year. Silsbee if the stay focused has a chance to do something magical this season.

Gentlemen, G. Ball WON the game!  I don't care how they did it.  They made plays down the stretch after being down.  They held on at the end.  At the end of the day, they are still undefeated, still # 1 in the state.  Silsbee have 1 more loss for the season, which will not effect them much.  So stop trying to downplay Ball.  Tigers, move  on and get prepared to win your district outright.  Ball was the better team that night...

WOW!!  I hate that I had to miss the game because it sounded like a great one

Silsbee proved a lot of people wrong by showing that they could hang with Ball

I remember reading where some people said that the Christian Life game was the championship game or the HYCA game was the championship game but last time I checked those teams didn’t have a last minute chance to win the game against ball

Silsbee proved that they where the 2nd place team in this tournament & also proved that they are the best team in SETX

[quote name="Tiger05" post="932296" timestamp="1292248788"]
WOW!!  I hate that I had to miss the game because it sounded like a great one

Silsbee proved a lot of people wrong by showing that they could hang with Ball

I remember reading where some people said that the Christian Life game was the championship game or the HYCA game was the championship game but last time I checked those teams didn’t have a last minute chance to win the game against ball

Silsbee proved that they where the 2nd place team in this tournament & also proved that they are the best team in SETX

[/quote] :D :D  I'm sure Ozen would think different. 

BMYSoulja I don't care what Ball does. I'm just stating the facts. Why do you care? If Ozen plays them they will lose by 20+. All of the playes they could potentially lose due to drugs. Central will be a one and done team and West Brook will finish 3rd in district and come home 1st round. Please jump on the HJ and Silsbee banwagons before its too late.