Carthage vs. Coldspring State Championship Game Predictions/Fri. 4PM

Guest TEAM

[quote name="Mr. Coldspring" post="936154" timestamp="1292783470"]
Say trigger i was at the game & I seen like 3 times number 80 tryed to tackle sherman Gilbert & they didn't even take him down & I would like to really knw who you are cause I told u about putting your mouth on Gilbert how bout me & you go head up & you make me go limp are how about you go head up with Gilbert & see's who's still standing!! And the Dawgs "D" didn't shut Gilbert down number 80 didn't impress me at all!!!
[/quote]

WTF (grammar)???  Dude, I don't know what game you saw, but Carthage's Defense took Gilbert out of his game the entire 2nd half. Cummings is the better back (with balls).  Face it, they were a much better team. 

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go look at the stats from the game Gilbert had over a 160yards rushing that game & I want say that they were better then us but I will say they were well coached dats it!! Not better!! They didn't shut Gilbert down no team this year has been able to do that this season!!! Trigger are whatever name you call yourself, dude you don't no football!! O yea & change your name by the way tigger!!! 

[quote name="Trigger" post="936368" timestamp="1292802108"]
[quote author=Mr. Coldspring link=topic=77333.msg936154#msg936154 date=1292783470]
Say trigger i was at the game & I seen like 3 times number 80 tryed to tackle sherman Gilbert & they didn't even take him down & I would like to really knw who you are cause I told u about putting your mouth on Gilbert how bout me & you go head up & you make me go limp are how about you go head up with Gilbert & see's who's still standing!! And the Dawgs "D" didn't shut Gilbert down number 80 didn't impress me at all!!!
[/quote]

what the heck (grammar)???  Dude, I don't know what game you saw, but Carthage's Defense took Gilbert out of his game the entire 2nd half. Cummings is the better back (with balls).  Face it, they were a much better team. 

[/quote]

Trigger, as a former Trojan, why are you anti-Gilbert? You have about five posts attacking a 16 year old's ability... If you have something against someone posting, attack them, but don't attack a kid. These are odd posts for a former Trojan.

[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=77333.msg936415#msg936415 date=1292811759]
wow he's over 300 smites  :o
[/quote

What in the world is a smite?  The thing next to Karma?  If that is the case all Coldspring fans pretty much have a ton of those.  I guess we are the king of negativity.  I have a feeling we can owe many of these to Scooter.

[quote name="texaggies07" post="936419" timestamp="1292812634"]
[/quote

What in the world is a smite?  The thing next to Karma?  If that is the case all Coldspring fans pretty much have a ton of those.  I guess we are the king of negativity.  I have a feeling we can owe many of these to Scooter.
[/quote]never bite the hand that feeds you, well, that picked you to beat kville twice!  :D

[quote name="Scooter!" post="936429" timestamp="1292813313"]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=77333.msg936419#msg936419 date=1292812634]
[/quote

[/quote]never bite the hand that feeds you, well, that picked you to beat kville twice!  :D

Only reason for that is you didn't give us much of chance after that. 
[/quote]

[quote name="Mr. Coldspring" post="936386" timestamp="1292805131"]
Go look at the stats from the game Gilbert had over a 160yards rushing that game & I want say that they were better then us but I will say they were well coached dats it!! Not better!! They didn't shut Gilbert down no team this year has been able to do that this season!!! Trigger are whatever name you call yourself, dude you don't no football!! O yea & change your name by the way tigger!!!  
[/quote]

Either 165 yards or [url=http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=13706820]149 yards[/url], but the 2 turnovers, now Thats impressive!!  Lets give credit where credit is due...the CS offensive line!  

Stick to singing your Gospel Music :o

[quote name="Mr. Coldspring" post="936386" timestamp="1292805131"]
[/quote]

Sherman Gilbert
Ca  Yds avg TD's
14  61 4.36  0 :o vs Huffman
12  91 7.58  2  vs Columbus
15  103 6.87  1 vs Shepherd

I wouldn't call Sherman in these games "unstoppable" He's good, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Cummings was the better back IMO.

[quote name="CMurder75" post="936567" timestamp="1292861857"]
[quote author=Mr. Coldspring link=topic=77333.msg936386#msg936386 date=1292805131]
[/quote]

Sherman Gilbert
Ca  [b]Yds[/b] [b]avg[/b] TD's
14   [color=red][b]61[/b][/color] 4.36  0 :o vs [b][color=red]Huffman[/color][/b]
12   91 7.58  2  vs Columbus
15  103 6.87  1 vs Shepherd

I wouldn't call Sherman in these games "unstoppable" He's good, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Cummings was the better back IMO.
[/quote]

:o

[quote name="Trigger" post="936108" timestamp="1292773961"]
Gilbert played like the little brother of a great player.  Willie Gault was special too, but it takes more than speed to be a running back.  IF gilbert "jr." makes it to the next level, he won't be in anybody's backfield. He's special teams or DB material.  The kid has no power or fight to survive in the backfield.  Heck, compare him to the kid from Pearland and they are polar opposites.  Cummings was the better back!

My fondest  ::)memory of Gilbert was towards the end of the game when Kendall Thomas tackled him as they tried to run Gilbert up the middle...Gilbert went limp as Thomas just wrapped his arms around him...Now that was special :o  :-*
[/quote]

I don't think anyone who knows much about football projects Gilbert to play in anyone's backfield at the next level....He'll be a receiver or DB...There are tons of really good highschool backs who end up playing a different position in college...It takes a really special skill set to play the RB position at the next level...BTW, I don't think he really enjoys playing RB now, however, that's what he's being asked to due to his outstanding speed and he's doing the best he can to help his team....

On a side note, I don't know why you say you are a Coldspring fan and/or root for them and then get on a forum like this and make fun of a kid who is doing their best...If your fondest memory of a Coldspring player was something other than them experiencing success you've got some issues as a fan...

For example,  I am a fan of Coldspring and I took no joy or carry any fond memory of any Coldspring player coming up short of fulfilling one of their life long dreams....How you can do so while claiming to be a fan is beyond me...

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think anyone who knows much about football projects Gilbert to play in anyone's backfield at the next level....He'll be a receiver or DB...There are tons of really good highschool backs who end up playing a different position in college...It takes a really special skill set to play the RB position at the next level...BTW, I don't think he really enjoys playing RB now, however, that's what he's being asked to due to his outstanding speed and he's doing the best he can to help his team....

On a side note, I don't know why you say you are a Coldspring fan and/or root for them and then get on a forum like this and make fun of a kid who is doing their best...If your fondest memory of a Coldspring player was something other than them experiencing success you've got some issues as a fan...

For example,  I am a fan of Coldspring and I took no joy or carry any fond memory of any Coldspring player coming up short of fulfilling one of their life long dreams....How you can do so while claiming to be a fan is beyond me...

[/quote]

your first paragraph is essentially the same thing I said.  Unless you enjoy getting in the last word I don't understand your point....

I'm a fan of Coldspring, just like I'm a fan of the Cowboys...Now ,tell me you ain't never heard anyone "dissing" the Cowboys?  We're entitled to express our disappointments in whichever way we choose.  I never specifically "dissed" Coldspring.  I, just don't understand the hype surrounding the Gilbert kid, especially after his performance in that game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124