Silsbee vs West Brook/Silsbee wins 65-55!

BADSANTA

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gladiator2
Ball will beat Silsbee by at least 15. Silsbee is really tough but Ball play's better against good competiton. They were beating Christian Life by 17 with 2 minutes to go and let them back in the game and they had about 5 D-1 player's. No way Silsbee will be able to play with them. Silsbee has a couple of good big men but Ball has 2 really good big men. This could be good game early but Ball has a lot of depth. I'm really impressed with Silsbe though.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="930835" timestamp="1292054775"]
Congrats to my Tigers on the solid win. Silsbee now 11-1 on the season.

Can't wait to broadcast the final between Ball and Silsbee!!!!
[/quote]As much as I think Silsbee is a good team within the 3-A circuit, there is NO WAY they can hang with Ball High.  If Silsbee beats Ball High, I'll become a contributing member to SETexSports. Thats a promise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="930907" timestamp="1292081168"]
Silsbee 65 Ball 62! Crazier things have happened! Don't count out the Tigers. I think they will play better than what most people think they will play. Who cares if a team has a bunch of D1 players. It takes a team effort. Not a bunch of individuals. Let's go Tigers!
[/quote]Are you saying thay Galveston Ball don't play as a team?

In Silsbee we have one thought i hate any team in Houston our Bmt teams because everybody makes them better than what they are all the kids will hear is "them boys from Galevston ya'll can't play with them" that's all the fire they need to pull it out an let's be real Silsbee an honestly compete in 4a the same as 3a

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="930917" timestamp="1292082519"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=77322.msg930907#msg930907 date=1292081168]
Silsbee 65 Ball 62! Crazier things have happened! Don't count out the Tigers. I think they will play better than what most people think they will play. Who cares if a team has a bunch of D1 players. It takes a team effort. Not a bunch of individuals. Let's go Tigers!
[/quote]Are you saying thay Galveston Ball don't play as a team?
[/quote]

I agree, Soulja...I have seen Ball play and I would not call them a bunch of individuals...they play well together

BMTSoulja, I have seen some of the greatest teams in Houston history. I watched TJ Ford/Ewing at Willowridge, 07-09 Jack Yates, 01/02 Belliare Okafor/Lucas, 01 Ozen, Houston Wheatly, Dallas Kimball teams, and all of those PA Lincoln teams. Ball isnt in the same gym as them. Ill take it a step furthur, Ball wont even get to state this year. Why? LaMarque has a better all around team and will win it all in 4A. Also dont count out this years yates team. Everyone please stop holding Galveston Balls (balls) and get real. They are very talented but Silsbee will come to play. If they lose, it isnt district and its not the playoffs. 

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="931026" timestamp="1292091656"]
BMTSoulja, I have seen some of the greatest teams in Houston history. I watched TJ Ford/Ewing at Willowridge, 07-09 Jack Yates, 01/02 Belliare Okafor/Lucas, 01 Ozen, Houston Wheatly, Dallas Kimball teams, and all of those PA Lincoln teams. Ball isnt in the same gym as them. Ill take it a step furthur, Ball wont even get to state this year. Why? LaMarque has a better all around team and will win it all in 4A. Also dont count out this years yates team. Everyone please stop holding Galveston Balls (balls) and get real. They are very talented but Silsbee will come to play. If they lose, it isnt district and its not the playoffs. 
[/quote]Not once did you see me say anything remotely close to implying that I'm holding Ball's 'balls'. I was just pointing out that silly post of 'Silsbee will win because they play team ball'.  You didn't say they will win because Silsbee will execute better or anything like that...

BMT Soulja you [quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="931046" timestamp="1292092384"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=77322.msg931026#msg931026 date=1292091656]
[/quote]Not one did you see me say anything remotely close to implying that I'm holding Ball's 'balls'. I was just pointing out that silly post of 'Silsbee will win because they play team ball'.  You didn't say they will win because Silsbee will execute better or anything like that...
[/quote]Who is your team? Sound like you think we have no chance.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="931064" timestamp="1292094355"]
Seems like you have a hard time understanding, because I never said the Tigers don't have a chance.  Actually, I'm going for them.  We (Central) have a deep down hatred for Galveston Ball that goes way back...
[/quote]Yea Ball did use to give it to Central back in the 90's in football. Back when you guys had Franklin Paul and Ezra Brown, I would come out and watch you at the Babe. Even though I grew up in Silsbee, i was always a West Brook fan. Wish the Beaumont Bowl was like it use to be. Central vs West Brook at Cardinal Stadium. Temp about 50 degrees and the stadium sold out. Those were the good ol days right?

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="931074" timestamp="1292094738"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=77322.msg931064#msg931064 date=1292094355]
Seems like you have a hard time understanding, because I never said the Tigers don't have a chance.  Actually, I'm going for them.  We (Central) have a deep down hatred for Galveston Ball that goes way back...
[/quote]Yea Ball did use to give it to Central back in the 90's in football. Back when you guys had Franklin Paul and Ezra Brown, I would come out and watch you at the Babe. Even though I grew up in Silsbee, i was always a West Brook fan. Wish the Beaumont Bowl was like it use to be. Central vs West Brook at Cardinal Stadium. Temp about 50 degrees and the stadium sold out. Those were the good ol days right?
[/quote]Actually, the beef is a little deeper than that.  Their football team used to play extra dirty when we played them out there...  Their fans used to throw ice and soft drinks on our band and cheer leaders.  We don't like them and they don't like us...  There was even a shooting in the stands before. The football game was played with no fans and no band.  A game at an empty stadium.  We ended up winning...

Yes, the Beaumont bowl is not what it used to be at all. I could go all day with this one, but this is the Basketball forum.  Can't hijack the thread too much!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124