Forney pledges to sign with LU

bigred360

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="931549" timestamp="1292124562"]
"My attitude is I am going there unless I get a better offer".    WHAT THE heck IS THAT?!  THLhose kind of comments pies me off.  We should revoke the scholarship offer!

[/quote] Im hoping that was a misprint but, if it isnt...... Im gonna take the highroad, and keep my thoughts to myself. :o :o :o :o

Guest gladiator2
Roc didn't guarantee him anything. Woodard went to Roc and asked him if Forney could play basketball while on football scholarship. Roc told Woodard that he was welcome to come and try out but would not guarantee him anything. He would have to earn it just like the rest have to do.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="932698" timestamp="1292293199"]
Coach Woodard and Roc must see something they like, should we question them?
[/quote]

Im with Admin. He is a big kid. I've seen him play once and played against him once. He has the size. If they can change his "bad work ethic" that people claim he has.. Then he can make it with that size... As far as basketball, I've heard he's pretty salty on the hard wood.

Guest gladiator2
Last year he was a pretty good basketball player. This year he is 25 lbs. overweight and really don't contribute to the team. He is too small to play post in college and he does not have a perimeter game. I don't see him ever playing basketball for LU. His lack of speed is going to be his downfall in college.

He is not one of the elite football players from the area.  I have no inside knowledge about the kid but [b]IF[/b] the work ethic issue is real and [b]IF[/b] their is an attitude problem as was also asserted in the big controversy with Nederlands team this year, then I don't see where it is worth a scholarship.  don't know what is true and what is not, just an observation.

Coach Woodard is probably offering on potential. The guy is 6'5, 245 so in four years he could be a OT. I think Coach Woodard told him he would have a chance to play QB but I personally don't see that happening.

Read an article that stated Lamar has recruited 11 kids that played QB in HS and moved them to different positions.

[quote name="bigred360" post="932926" timestamp="1292342277"]
Coach Woodard is probably offering on potential. The guy is 6'5, 245 so in four years he could be a OT. I think Coach Woodard told him he would have a chance to play QB but I personally don't see that happening.

Read an article that stated Lamar has recruited 11 kids that played QB in HS and moved them to different positions.
[/quote]

Well there is no potential if you don't have a work ethic and their is an attitude issue.  I don't know this for sure, just what has been reported.  I'll trust Woodard.

Well, there times when a coach can pull a scholarship if he thinks the young man is not following team rules. I would think showing up and working out would be part of that.

Really, Lamar is in a win-win situation here as if Forney was a great leader, loved to work out and was a model player the Cardinals probably would not have had the chance to sign him.

Let's just hope he matures.

[quote name="bigred360" post="932991" timestamp="1292349058"]
Well, there times when a coach can pull a scholarship if he thinks the young man is not following team rules. I would think showing up and working out would be part of that.

Really, Lamar is in a win-win situation here as if Forney was a great leader, loved to work out and was a model player the Cardinals probably would not have had the chance to sign him.

Let's just hope he matures.

[/quote]
Excellent points!

Upside is big if Woodard can change this young mans attitude because the tools are there. The arm is big as is the rest of the body. If he can slim down and play at 6'5" 225-230 range and learn how to read defenses, he could be a beast. Just a lot of ifs.

it is very funny how you all can talk about the kid coach roc offered him in the 8th grade to play it was just on quiet an I can't wait to see ya faces cause he gunna prove all of you wrong just watch and see that's even if he decides to go there ya'll need to mature an find something better to do but for forney the greatness has just begin. Just watch an see I have all my money riding on him.

[quote name="bigtimeaggie" post="933426" timestamp="1292392984"]
it is very funny how you all can talk about the kid coach roc offered him in the 8th grade to play it was just on quiet an I can't wait to see ya faces cause he gunna prove all of you wrong just watch and see that's even if he decides to go there ya'll need to mature an find something better to do but for forney the greatness has just begin. Just watch an see I have all my money riding on him.
[/quote]
Is the "Da Chosen One" himself?  ::)

If he signs with someone else, then so be it, that's just proof of his character, which has been steadily questioned by people that have played with him.

[quote name="badndn" post="933461" timestamp="1292419034"]
[quote author=bigtimeaggie link=topic=77291.msg933426#msg933426 date=1292392984]
[/quote]
Is the "Da Chosen One" himself?  ::)

If he signs with someone else, then so be it, that's just proof of his character, which has been steadily questioned by people that have played with him.
[/quote]Let's hope this isn't the "Chosen One."  English Comp is a requirement for graduation and he'll have to get out of Developmental English to take Comp.

it is very funny how you all can talk about the kid coach roc offered him in the 8th grade to play it was just on quiet an I can't wait to see ya faces cause he gunna prove all of you wrong just watch and see that's even if he decides to go there ya'll need to mature an find something better to do but for forney the greatness has just begin. [b][i][color=black]Just watch an see I have all my money riding on him.[/color][/i][/b]
[/quote]

Then you will be broke!!!!! 

I agree on a lot of things that I have read on this thread.  Forney is a good athlete, Forney has the potential to be big, Forney cannot play quarterback for Lamar and Lamar will be in trouble if Forney is a significant role player for the Cardinals Basketball team!!!!

[/quote]
You gonna bes loodin yuo-ba's monies iffin yous be lettin orbs rides ons hims.

Not sure they will move Chavis. He was promised the tight end position when he transferred from A&M. That's why he left is because didn't want to change positions. Even though he can't catch a cold. he even lost the starting spot to Davis by the end of the year. I think tight end is where Dionte will ultimately be however. Chavis will be long gone by the time Dionte will be ready to play

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="939367" timestamp="1293644322"]
Not sure they will move Chavis. He was promised the tight end position when he transferred from A&M. That's why he left is because didn't want to change positions. Even though he can't catch a cold. he even lost the starting spot to Davis by the end of the year. I think tight end is where Dionte will ultimately be however. Chavis will be long gone by the time Dionte will be ready to play
[/quote]

I don't care what you were promised.. If you help the team better at DE and you aren't the starter at TE, go play DE. It's not about what position you want to play.. It's what's going to help the team the most.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder