HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs. CAYUGA Broadcast/CAYUGA WINS 59-58!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="True Blue" post="929860" timestamp="1291992735"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=77282.msg929850#msg929850 date=1291992142]
I didn't see the game but what I 'm reading into the scores, Cayuga (sp?) had a comfortable lead against an average team and took a break in the 4th qtr. 8)
[/quote] I dont know about them being a average team, but Cayuga did have a big lead and missed 5 free throws in the last 30 sec. to let HJ make it close, But Cayuga is a good team.
[/quote]I threw in "average" just for my jealousy factor towards HJ. :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="First Down" post="929862" timestamp="1291992903"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=77282.msg929844#msg929844 date=1291991756]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=77282.msg929751#msg929751 date=1291953368]
What do u think BLUE
[/quote]First of all, I need to do some research. I have no idea where this school is located. Are they on a map ;D? Is it really a 1-A team?
[/quote]

Cayuga is located on Hwy 287 between Corsicana and Palestine.
They are a 1A school
[/quote]oKAY, I found it. Down the road from Rural Shade, Tx but on the way to Eureka, Tx ::) ::)

thanks Dove.  It gets old to hear people whine and make excuses for a loss.  we missed free throws, we missed lay ups, our best player was out, the refs killed us....all that really matters at the end of the game is what the scoreboard says.  sure, you may be the better team, but if you don't show it on the scoreboard, it really doesn't matter.  Besides, HS basketball is made up of 20+ games, it really only matters if you lose the last one..

[quote name="86hawk" post="930040" timestamp="1292008333"]
thanks Dove.  It gets old to hear people whine and make excuses for a loss.  we missed free throws, we missed lay ups, our best player was out, the refs killed us....all that really matters at the end of the game is what the scoreboard says.  sure, you may be the better team, but if you don't show it on the scoreboard, it really doesn't matter.  Besides, HS basketball is made up of 20+ games, it really only matters if you lose the last one..
[/quote]  Like that ;D ;D ;D

[/quote]You guys will be alright. Losses can be  good only if you truly learn from the experience  and move on to greater goals.

[quote name="ford15" post="930212" timestamp="1292019370"]
Cayuga is definatly a power house. Someone said they won state last year in football, basketball and was runner up in baseball!! They had three kids sign division 1 last year in football. how often does that happen??
[/quote] They lost a lot last year we will see if they can win REG.3 this year. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

[/quote]
How was the reffing? I heard it was bad @ ymbl. Did they get better?

I heard, you know how that goes, that Cayuga has already been beat by a lower ranked 1A in their Region.  And I am pretty sure they are in their with Clarksville. Unless I am getting the Divisions wrong.  I know they have been beat this year by some good teams and have lost to some average.  They do have a big lineup. 

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="930863" timestamp="1292070467"]
[quote author=86hawk link=topic=77282.msg930040#msg930040 date=1292008333]
[/quote]
How was the reffing? I heard it was bad @ ymbl. Did they get better?
[/quote] The game I have seen so far have been called pretty good, but last night a watch one crew that had one of those guys that wonted to make himself part of the game , and he came in and overrulled calls that were made under the basket and he was at midcourt on the far side. After the third time he tryed that, I saw the other two tell him that that was not his call.... But at one point there as foul call on a shoot and the ball never mad it to the rim, after they made the call to the table they ask the kid did he make the shot??? the kid said oh yea it went in.. they gave him the points and he made the one free throw. Then turned and busted out laughing... :D :D

[quote name="east texas bb" post="930872" timestamp="1292074324"]
I heard, you know how that goes, that Cayuga has already been beat by a lower ranked 1A in their Region.
[/quote]

Not true. Their losses are to Melissa (2A), Lindale (3A), Whitehouse (4A), and Texas High (4A). The Melissa loss was a blowout, and Melissa is looking like a 2A powerhouse so far this season, but the other three were all one possession games towards the end and could have gone the other way. No way Cayuga should be ranked as low as they are.

[quote name="cbosha" post="931055" timestamp="1292093369"]
It is so disturbing to see how many people are against HJ. Wow!
[/quote]

cbosha I will give you the cliff note version.........

HJ got the perceived bad name back in 07 when a ton of Hawk Hecklers got on here running their mouths!!!!  A few bad apples ruined it for everyone!!!  Now I will not defend the HJ folks that get on here and make stupid comments and trash other schools...... and there have been several in the past but very limited now. 

There are a more good HJ fans on here than bad HJ fans (mostly punk kids) running their mouths that have never set foot on a basketball floor!!!!!

HJ has been and will always be a solid basketball program.  It all starts with Little Dribblers and the work that the HJ coaching staff puts in with the LD program and Junior High program!!!!  I know that your son was a HUGE part of the successes from LD and JH programs!!!  And now will reap the benefits from the HS program!!

Some disrespect HJ because of the success and others because of the trash talkers that are no longer even members of this board!!!! 

That is your cliff note version!!! ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="931062" timestamp="1292094245"]
[quote author=cbosha link=topic=77282.msg931055#msg931055 date=1292093369]
It is so disturbing to see how many people are against HJ. Wow!
[/quote]

cbosha I will give you the cliff note version.........

HJ got the perceived bad name back in 07 when a ton of Hawk Hecklers got on here running their mouths!!!!  A few bad apples ruined it for everyone!!!  Now I will not defend the HJ folks that get on here and make stupid comments and trash other schools...... and there have been several in the past but very limited now. 

There are a more good HJ fans on here than bad HJ fans (mostly punk kids) running their mouths that have never set foot on a basketball floor!!!!!

HJ has been and will always be a solid basketball program.  It all starts with Little Dribblers and the work that the HJ coaching staff puts in with the LD program and Junior High program!!!!  I know that your son was a HUGE part of the successes from LD and JH programs!!!  And now will reap the benefits from the HS program!!

Some disrespect HJ because of the success and others because of the trash talkers that are no longer even members of this board!!!! 

That is your cliff note version!!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Good summary Lazeek!

[quote name="flukeshot" post="930898" timestamp="1292080223"]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=77282.msg930872#msg930872 date=1292074324]
I heard, you know how that goes, that Cayuga has already been beat by a lower ranked 1A in their Region.
[/quote]

Not true. Their losses are to Melissa (2A), Lindale (3A), Whitehouse (4A), and Texas High (4A). The Melissa loss was a blowout, and Melissa is looking like a 2A powerhouse so far this season, but the other three were all one possession games towards the end and could have gone the other way. No way Cayuga should be ranked as low as they are.
[/quote] U are right they should be ranked that low.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="930909" timestamp="1292081282"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=77282.msg929822#msg929822 date=1291987487]
I want to hear Stevenash's take on this game...
[/quote]I guess he has a 'no comment' on this...
[/quote]

I assume you are talking about HJ- Cayuga part II?  HJ shot the ball considerably better and didnt have two starters on the bench a lot from foul trouble.  I sense a trap but am ready to take the bait.  What else would you like for me to offer?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami