It's haircut or get cut in Silsbee basketball

[quote name="bacbone9" post="930076" timestamp="1292010487"]
A people wonders what happen to Kareon Cartwright from Silsbee.Well he transferred to Central for the school year of 1998,he wanted to play basketball nad David Green told him that he had to have his hair cut by the first day of practice. Well he didnt have it cut and he tried to come to practice and Coach Green turned him around and told him he couldnt be a part of the team.Could we have used him,HECK YEA but we folllowed Coach Green 100%. No one person is above the team and a rule is a rule.
[/quote]Was his fro neat?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a great example of caring more about being an individual than part of a team. He left a team behind that could have used him just because of a hairstyle. He let that team down and wanted to move into another team and had the same result. My question is does he regret his decision now? If he is OK with it then for him he made the right decision. I didn't play football my last two years in school, due to a coaching change more than anything. I don't look back and regret it but still have timed when I wish I would have played. Tough decisions.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="930082" timestamp="1292010839"]
[quote author=bacbone9 link=topic=77234.msg930076#msg930076 date=1292010487]
A people wonders what happen to Kareon Cartwright from Silsbee.Well he transferred to Central for the school year of 1998,he wanted to play basketball nad David Green told him that he had to have his hair cut by the first day of practice. Well he didnt have it cut and he tried to come to practice and Coach Green turned him around and told him he couldnt be a part of the team.Could we have used him,HECK YEA but we folllowed Coach Green 100%. No one person is above the team and a rule is a rule.
[/quote]

yea but the rule was no arfo or braids and face shaved. shan herring cut his,dominique young cut his,skip jackson cut his,but he didnt and couldnt play cuz he didnt make the deadline

[quote name="bacbone9" post="930114" timestamp="1292012517"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=77234.msg930082#msg930082 date=1292010839]
[quote author=bacbone9 link=topic=77234.msg930076#msg930076 date=1292010487]
[/quote]

yea but the rule was no arfo or braids and face shaved. shan herring cut his,dominique young cut his,skip jackson cut his,but he didnt and couldnt play cuz he didnt make the deadline
[/quote]I didn't know Coach Green's rules namely because when I was at Central, no one wore braids.  But they wore flat tops...  And Coach Green did allow that back then...

[b]Your skills are not judged by how you look.  If you have been around any kind of Basketball, you should know that.  the big slioppy looking slow kid may be the high flyer.  So that throws your theory out of the window[/b]. Quoted from previous thread

Obviously You and I differ on that opinion.  The minute you step on the court you are judged, same as when you walk in any room for a job interview. You must look presentable.  The big sloppy kid may be the best kid on the court, but if he has an attitude, and thinks he runs the show he does not get any respect from me.  I am around basketball all the time, and I guarnatee the kids that succeed in life are the ones that have learned to respect themselves, and their coaches.  You obiviously like the kids that have attitude and are not team players.  Your preaching here on this thread is proof of that.  You never once mention the kids that may not be the star but show up every game, listen to their coach, and play by the rules.  

[quote name="Pupmom" post="930923" timestamp="1292084285"]
[b]Your skills are not judged by how you look.  If you have been around any kind of Basketball, you should know that.  the big slioppy looking slow kid may be the high flyer.  So that throws your theory out of the window[/b]. Quoted from previous thread

Obviously You and I differ on that opinion.  The minute you step on the court you are judged, same as when you walk in any room for a job interview. You must look presentable.  The big sloppy kid may be the best kid on the court, but if he has an attitude, and thinks he runs the show he does not get any respect from me.  I am around basketball all the time, and I guarnatee the kids that succeed in life are the ones that have learned to respect themselves, and their coaches.  You obiviously like the kids that have attitude and are not team players.  Your preaching here on this thread is proof of that.  You never once mention the kids that may not be the star but show up every game, listen to their coach, and play by the rules.  
[/quote]Who said anything about a kid's attitude?  Seems like your grasping for straws. Typical when you have no agument.  Talking about kids who listen and do the right thing...  I've said this like 10 times now.  Go back and read a little..

Lot of kids I know wear Mohawks, Afros, braids, and flat tops and they are staright A students with D1 scholarships for acedemics. people may judge you based on appearence but thats how society always fails. When I sold cars while in college, a  man came in driving a 1986 Ford Ranger beat to heck (this was back in 2001). I didnt see one salesman come up to help this guy at all. I willing walked over to help him and come to find out this guy was a VP for Waste Managment. The guy bought two cars from me that day for his two daughters graduating at A&M. Based on his appearence you wouldnt think he had 2 dimes to rub together.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124