DISTRICT 22-AA PREDICTIONS!!!!

1. Woodville (12-0)
2. Nacogdoches-Cental Heights (10-2)
3. San Augustine (8-4)
4. Woden (5-7)
5. Newton (5-7)
6. Corrigan Camden (2-10)
7. Hemphill (0-12)

Woodville is by far the best team in this opinion. Central-Heights gives them the best run for their money but Wvilles speed overcomes any team in this district. Central-Heights follows in second. San Augustine will be quick and have good athletes but not very dicipline and that will cost them. Woden will be fundamental and well-coached but not enough raw talent to make the playoffs in this district. Newton takes a step down and lets their inexperience and lack of leadership along with a new coach cost them a playoff spot in 2010-11. Corrigan-Camden wont be much this year and ties with a struggling program over in Hemphill, Tx. Hemphill's lack of talent, dicipline, speed, good coaching, and practically every aspect of a good basketball team makes them, IMO, the low half of this district.

Any other thoughts??

I believe Woodville will make the playoffs, but not sure about being undefeated district champions. Watched them play Silsbee Friday, was not too impressed with them. Like it was mentioned, limit Sells and you can beat Woodville. 2A East Chambers did exactly that yesterday in their win over Woodville.

I think both CH and SA have good chances of beating Woodville in district play.

Central Heights will win the district.  More than likely will not lose a game.  I have watched Central Heights play alot of good teams and win and I still havent seen them shoot the ball as well as they can or play as well as they can.  If they peak at the right time, they will make a deep run in the playoffs.  Teams are struggling to score over 30 points on them. 
SA, Woden, Woodville, and Newton will fight it out for the last 2 spots. 
Personally I think it will be Woden and SA but that is why you play the games. 
Woden has a good group this year, but will lose there 2-3 best players.  They have a couple of good sophs but not enough to carry them.  From there down it goes down hill.  It dosent look good for the next 10 years.
I dont know what SA, Woodville or Newton has for the future. 

SA is not finishing games, as seen in the Huntington Tourney, they lost 3 games by 4 or so points.  That needs to be fixed by district.  I am wondering what Woden/CH will do with a running team like SA/Woodville.  SA has a good JV coming up, they will be fine! 

Central Heights will slow it down to a half court game and pound it inside and if they ever start shooting the ball well they will be very good. They have 10 kids that can play. Woden will get up and down, they play scrappy and get after it, but will get up and down which is not in their favor against SA or Woodville.  That is what worries me.  Woden has beat some good teams but lost to some poor ones.  So I really hate to say how those games will come out.  They can shoot well at times too. 

Woodville has 6 seniors, 1 junior, and 3 sophomores, with a good freshman group coming in. The three sophomores are the real deal. All three get good playing time and are EXTREMELY athletic. Harrison provides a solid post presence BUT can also handle the ball a little bit and shoot a little outside. Becks provides another post presence with a good outside shot and can also hold his own dribbling. Lockhart is one of the quickest players in the sophomore class of southeast texas. He provides a good outside game and can dribble better than most players in this district. SA's unorganization and impress everybody attitude wont get them anywhere. Looking at CH, their speed is NOWHERE NEAR that of SA/Wville. They wont get blown out but when woodville puts it into gear, they cant hang athletically. Newton has NO chance. Buna beat them by 5. Woodville beat Buna by 20. Thats not even a topic of discussion. Wville/CH battle it out for the district championship. SA gets the remaining spot.

I dont think you realize how good CH is.  If they peak at the right time they will make a long run in the playoffs and have a shot at going to State.  I know they are not ranked but believe me, they have shot the ball horrible and are 10-2 against a pretty tough schedule.  If they get beat in district I would be very suprised.  They have been holding opponents to under 30 points a game consistently, no one can score on them.  They play 10 players but can go with their best 5 if they have to. They will be good for 3-4 more years and I dont know what they have beyond that.  They have big guards and big posts.  All there guards are 5'11" to 6'1" and there post players (they have 4) are between 6'4" and 6'6".
That being said, you never know that why you play the games. 
Woden will suprise you and SA has speed and strength on the inside.
I say CH undefeated and win district this year and next, they will lose some but will just reload.  Woden, Woodville, and SA fight it out for the last two spots.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="927228" timestamp="1291602842"]
I dont think you realize how good CH is.  If they peak at the right time they will make a long run in the playoffs and have a shot at going to State.  I know they are not ranked but believe me, they have shot the ball horrible and are 10-2 against a pretty tough schedule.  If they get beat in district I would be very suprised.  They have been holding opponents to under 30 points a game consistently, no one can score on them.  They play 10 players but can go with their best 5 if they have to. They will be good for 3-4 more years and I dont know what they have beyond that.  They have big guards and big posts.  All there guards are 5'11" to 6'1" and there post players (they have 4) are between 6'4" and 6'6".
That being said, you never know that why you play the games. 
Woden will suprise you and SA has speed and strength on the inside.
I say CH undefeated and win district this year and next, they will lose some but will just reload.  Woden, Woodville, and SA fight it out for the last two spots.
[/quote]CH is the best 2A I have seen this year(yes, better than Crockett IMHO). # 25 is a beast. They have the bigs and guards can take care of the ball. They played Paris to the wire in Huntington. They are very fundamental and have been in the gym year around....Woden is capable of playing good basketball. Good press, decent shooters. They will get after you....

I have seen Woodville play and I don't see all the speed you talk about.Sells is a player but has very little help.There is a huge difference in playing with a lot of speed and playing out of control.I don't think anyone goes undefeated in this district but if they do it will be CH.San Augustine takes 2nd with probably 3 losses that leaves Woodville and Woden for the 3rd spot.
1. Central Heights
2.San Augustine
3.Woden
4.Woodville

Well said no look.  And the CH guards have shot the ball terrible.  When they start shooting the ball like they are capable they will be scary.  They are just simple beating teams with defense and inside presence, some of these 10-15 point games they have been winning will be 25 and 30 by years end.  Their guards will start hitting.  Their leading scoring has been in a bad shooting slump, which is a guard.
Another team I forgot was Corrigan Camdem.  They just got out of football and beat Zavalla by 30.  I think they will upset someone and that may change the district around.  You just can never can tell once it gets to district and playing home games and away games.  One year we played Elkhart and beat them 2 their place.  They were terrible.  We had the worst game of the year.  We played them at home and beat them 30.  There are too many variables to say who will make the top 3.  Barring injuries CH is a lock.  After that it is a toss up between SA, Woden, Woodville, Newton, and Corrigan Camden.  The outlook now is Woden and SA.  The thing I worry about with Woden is there gym does not give them a home court advantage.  Dont get me wrong, it is one of the nicest places to play in East Texas, but it feels like no one is at the game. 
My picks are CH, Woden, and SA.  I might be wrong.  The season is still very early.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="927232" timestamp="1291603668"]
What does Newton or Hemphill have now and future?  Anything?  Newton seems to always have some of the best athletes in Texas.
[/quote]
I watched the Newton and Buna game, Newton is built around speed this year. Not much height though. Still have a few guys that can dunk the ball though.

Eagles, i have to chime in on this. Hemphill's problems go deeper than the Basketball team. They will struggle this year. BUT, NONE OF THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE LACK OF COACHING, I HAVE GREAT RESPECT FOR COACH H AND I WILL NOT SIT BACK AND LISTEN TO THE PROBLEMS ARE WITH THE COACHING STAFF THERE.
BucketSitR

That wasnt my main point in the whole thing on hemphill. i WASNT bashing their coaching staff. I was saying that obvioulsy somethings not working. The last finger is always pointed at the coaching staff unless there is some outstanding reason they arent getting any better. NO. their coaching isnt their main problem right now. Their lack of talent and want-to and their undisciplined attitude IS. Which the lack of discipline points right back at the coaches. What are they doing to help it? they might not be hurting it but it doesnt seem like theyre doing anything different to make it any better either.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="927211" timestamp="1291601551"]
Woodville has 6 seniors, 1 junior, and 3 sophomores, with a good freshman group coming in. The three sophomores are the real deal. All three get good playing time and are EXTREMELY athletic. Harrison provides a solid post presence BUT can also handle the ball a little bit and shoot a little outside. Becks provides another post presence with a good outside shot and can also hold his own dribbling. Lockhart is one of the quickest players in the sophomore class of southeast texas. He provides a good outside game and can dribble better than most players in this district. SA's unorganization and impress everybody attitude wont get them anywhere. Looking at CH, their speed is NOWHERE NEAR that of SA/Wville. They wont get blown out but when woodville puts it into gear, they cant hang athletically. Newton has NO chance. Buna beat them by 5. Woodville beat Buna by 20. Thats not even a topic of discussion. Wville/CH battle it out for the district championship. SA gets the remaining spot.
[/quote]

Actually I think it will be CH/SA fighting for the District Championship while Woodville fights for the third spot!  We will put that unorganization and impress everybody atittude to whooping Woodville's tale!

CHTechie, your exactly right.  I am pretty close with their coach and have watched their games.  They could easily be 12-0 right now.  I am telling you guys and you will see.  CH is beating good teams now and not even shooting the ball welll from outside.  It is just a matter of time when they do and it will be ugly.  If you want to beat Ch, it better be at your place and hope that they are not shootin well and are having the worst game of the year.  Alot of the teams they have played have struggled to score 20 points.  I would put CH with anyone in the State  in 2AA.  They would give Crockett  which is number 2 or 1, all they want.  And I am not from CH, I am looking at this from an arbitrary view point. 
Woden is good as well and SA is good.
I know you want to think that CH will not win district, but the odds are very stacked in their favor.  They have beat 3A teams by 15 and 20 and not shot the ball well.  They will catch rythym, the percentages are in their favor, and they will be even more tough.  These 15 point games could easily have been 30.  I am looking forward to the district, I think the last two spots will be a fight, but I give them to Woden and SA right now.  IMHO

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="927496" timestamp="1291659730"]
CH was ranked 25th?? idk now. But look at who woodville has played and tell me the two teams they lost too arent better-than-average teams. When theyre on, noone in that district can beat them. The question is, can they turn it on long enough to hold onto this district??
[/quote]You need to get out and watch some more high school hoops.I'm not trying to dog Woodville but they aren't nearly as dominate as you make them.In the game against Silsbee they were completely outta contol.That works when your playing in the summer but won't win you many in January or February.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed