Lamar vs. Rice Predictions? RICE WINS!

[quote name="bigred360" post="924987" timestamp="1291399050"]
Rice runs the Princeton Offense as does Nicholls State and it gives teams a hard time defending.

I stated I'll wait until the 12 game to start predicting scores and giving my opinion of the team so they still have a few more game before then. Go Cards.
[/quote]

Watching Coy Custer the other night made me think that he would fit in pretty well in a Princeton-style offense.  As for the game, Rice is better than last year so it should be a close game.  I'll be disappointed if Lamar loses this one.

It should be a boring game to watch... I don't enjoy watching the Princeton offense.

If Rice makes their shots, it could be a long game for us, but I still expect us to come out with a W.

[quote name="mffl" post="925025" timestamp="1291402457"]
It should be a boring game to watch... I don't enjoy watching the Princeton offense.

If Rice makes their shots, it could be a long game for us, but I still expect us to come out with a W.
[/quote]

Are you kidding?  The Princeton offense is fantastic!!!

Thanks for the education.  I had not heard of Princeton offense, but I don't pretend to know much about basketball.  I recongnize some defenses and thats about it. I found this on Youtube along with many others on the subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrH0jl8tB70

It is a constant motion offense, nobody stands around.

[quote name="bigredfan2" post="925584" timestamp="1291436271"]
Thanks for the education.  I had not heard of Princeton offense, but I don't pretend to know much about basketball.  I recongnize some defenses and thats about it. I found this on Youtube along with many others on the subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrH0jl8tB70

It is a constant motion offense, nobody stands around.
[/quote]
That's why I think it is so good.  The few teams that run it seem to have a better chance of hanging with the big boys.  We have virtually no half court offense.  We just try to beat or defender off the dribble.

Just got back from the game and as hard as it is I'll reframe from making any comments. I think the half-time score and who Coach Roc played at the end of the game says it all.  ::)

Didn't Mike James basiclly win the game with 5 pts in the final two minutes versus UTPA? This game appeared to be the same type of situation and James is sitting on the bench?

Just a couple of questions I have.

Both teams shot just under 50% from the field, but Lamar was 9 of 18 from behind the arc.  The stats were about even except Rice out-rebounded Lamar and shot and made a lot more FT's than Lamar.  The foul shots were the difference in the game.

Rice was favored to win this game.  Pomeroy even had Lamar losing by 14, so losing by 2 isn't that big of a surprise.  Lamar doesn't have much of an inside game so that are going to be out-rebounded and give up easy shots inside.  The Canisius game coming up should be interesting since they go 7-3 and 6-9 inside.

I still think this year will be like 2008.  Lamar started that year 3-6, and those 3 wins were against non-D1 opponents.  That year Roc brought in newcomers Jay Brown, Justin Nabors, Kenny Dawkins and Brandon McThay.  They weren't any good defensively and it took them some time to jell, but they went on a tear offensively and won a lot of games.  But the one big difference is that Roc had some good inside guys with Sanders, Nabors and Brown.

I think this team will get better and start winning games but they won't be great by any stretch of the imagination.  Roc may even win enough to save his job.  But this is his 5th year and he should be consistently winning 20+ games a year.  I don't see that ever happening with Roc.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="926334" timestamp="1291510842"]
[quote author=geezer link=topic=76974.msg926303#msg926303 date=1291509342]
Should not be a surprise to anyone.  Lamar's number one problem, lack of quality coaching.
[/quote]

Or defense?
[/quote]

Yep, that is another question for me as well held them to 27 pts in the first half. Then give up 48 pts in the second half. What happened to the defense?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami