21-3A playoffs..Scenario

Tiger90

BC can only make the playoffs three different ways:

1. Kirbyville needs to beat Silsbee and Hamshire-Fannett (plausible)

Bridge City needs to beat Hamshire-Fannett (probable)

Silsbee needs to beat Jasper (probable)

Orangefield needs to beat WOS (unlikely)

Bridge City needs to beat WOS by at least 13 points (unlikely)

If all of the above happens the district standings would be: Kirbyville 6-1, WOS 5-2, Silsbee 5-2, BC 5-2

Since WOS beat Silsbee by 7, and if they lose by 13 to BC they would have -6 points in the point differential

Silsbee beat BC by 18 and lost to WOS by 7 which would give them +11 points

BC lost to Silsbee by 18 and if they beat WOS by 13 they would have -5 (which would move them in to the 3rd place slot ahead of WOS).

2. Kirbyville must lose to both Silsbee and Hamshire-Fannett (unlikely)

Bridge City must beat both Hamshire-Fannett and WOS (unlikely but stranger things have happened)

Silsbee must beat Jasper (probable)

This would leave the district standings as WOS 6-1, Silsbee 6-1, BC 5-2, Kirbyville 4-3 and Bridge City would be in the playoffs

3. Silsbee must lose to Kirbyville and Jasper (possible)

Kirbyville must beat Hamshire-Fannett (probable)

Bridge City must beat both Hamshire-Fannett and WOS (unlikely but possible)

This would leave the district standings as WOS 6-1, Kirbyville 6-1, BC 5-2, Silsbee 4-3 and Bridge City would be in the playoffs.

Out of all of the scenarios the 3rd one seems the most likely out of the three but I wouldn't bet on any of them. The worst thing that BC could have happen is to end up in any kind of tiebreaker with Kirbyville and/or Silsbee since they would automatically lose it having lost to both teams.

No matter what happens, the 3rd place playoff team won't be determined until the very last week. If WOS wins next week over Orangefield they will clinch a spot, and whichever team wins the Kirbyville-Silsbee showdown will be in as well.

im not giving up till the scoreboard friday night November 10 at Dan Hooks Stadium says 0:00... Bridge City has pulled a few nail biters so far this season.. they WILL be fired up to beat Hamshire-Fannett. & WOS..

yes i said it. :shock: .. i believe they can do it if they go out there and play LIKE THEYRE CAPABLE OF!!!!

ITS NOT OVER, TILL ITS OVER

never will happen..they will be lucky to beat hampshire..wos has to much speed and they will not be abl;e to stop thomas or garrett with their defense....they gave up over 400 yards to kirbyville they could easily give up 5 or 6 hundred yards to wos...and until they get more physically and agressive they want be going to the playoffs for awhile....

never will happen..they will be lucky to beat hampshire..wos has to much speed and they will not be abl;e to stop thomas or garrett with their defense....they gave up over 400 yards to kirbyville they could easily give up 5 or 6 hundred yards to wos...and until they get more physically and agressive they want be going to the playoffs for awhile....

It's Hamshire, no "p".

i guess all the other district wins were just "lucky" too

you can predict all you want.. but im not gonna let some internet score predictions keep me from believing in our team.. yes the odds are against us. WOS is a very very talented team and they will be hard to beat.. but i still believe we are capable of beating them..

at least i believe in our guys, win or lose, and im not a fair weather fan.. :evil:

BC can only make the playoffs three different ways:

1. Kirbyville needs to beat Silsbee and Hamshire-Fannett (plausible)

Bridge City needs to beat Hamshire-Fannett (probable)

Silsbee needs to beat Jasper (probable)

Orangefield needs to beat WOS (unlikely)

Bridge City needs to beat WOS by at least 13 points (unlikely)

If all of the above happens the district standings would be: Kirbyville 6-1' date=' WOS 5-2, Silsbee 5-2, BC 5-2

Since WOS beat Silsbee by 7, and if they lose by 13 to BC they would have -6 points in the point differential

Silsbee beat BC by 18 and lost to WOS by 7 which would give them +11 points

BC lost to Silsbee by 18 and if they beat WOS by 13 they would have -5 (which would move them in to the 3rd place slot ahead of WOS).

2. Kirbyville must lose to both Silsbee and Hamshire-Fannett (unlikely)

Bridge City must beat both Hamshire-Fannett and WOS (unlikely but stranger things have happened)

Silsbee must beat Jasper (probable)

This would leave the district standings as WOS 6-1, Silsbee 6-1, BC 5-2, Kirbyville 4-3 and Bridge City would be in the playoffs

3. Silsbee must lose to Kirbyville and Jasper (possible)

Kirbyville must beat Hamshire-Fannett (probable)

Bridge City must beat both Hamshire-Fannett and WOS (unlikely but possible)

This would leave the district standings as WOS 6-1, Kirbyville 6-1, BC 5-2, Silsbee 4-3 and Bridge City would be in the playoffs.

Out of all of the scenarios the 3rd one seems the most likely out of the three but I wouldn't bet on any of them. The worst thing that BC could have happen is to end up in any kind of tiebreaker with Kirbyville and/or Silsbee since they would automatically lose it having lost to both teams.

No matter what happens, the 3rd place playoff team won't be determined until the very last week. If WOS wins next week over Orangefield they will clinch a spot, and whichever team wins the Kirbyville-Silsbee showdown will be in as well.

OK, WO-S. We're down to option #2. Just wanted to warn you guys before Friday :wink:. It ain't over 'til it's over :!:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12