Let Me Try To Get A Jump On All Of You For 2011

skipper

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="921889" timestamp="1291041902"]
Well let's see Huffman will lose A LOT to graduation. QB top 3 wrs entire Oline all of the secondary atleast 2 LBs and a couple Dlineman are all gone. They only bright spot will be we return both RBs one who was just a Fr and we have acouple of jrs who can throw the ball pretty good they just have no game experince. From what I head the jv did very good losing only 1 game to Kpark. Next year will be determined by how coach mac fills the positions lost. There is still plenty of talnet just not as much experince. I predict we will be in the playoffs again probably 2nd or 3rd depending on if cleveland can turn it around or if Liberty can capatilize on all of their young talent. Coldspring is the favorite to repeat as district champs.
[/quote]

We're losing eight starters including whole o-line and cummings and then we lose 7 starters on defence, so it could get pretty interesting next year for district champ. Every jv linemen that will move up is about 260+, but not the most athletic, maybe some might develop alot over the offseason and summer. Also most skill postions are returning, so that will be our strength next year.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing that i am excited to see is how little jimmy Salter will mature as a QB. Being only a Sophomore, he was forced into a situation that noone would ever want to be in. Yet, he showed tremendous poise and maturity for his age. The experience and adversity that he went through this season is priceless when it comes to experience. We know he will grow physicaly, but also know that he will grow mentally. The next few seasons will be fun to watch. He is going to be a good one, mark my words. ;)

[quote name="pngfan66" post="921831" timestamp="1291034287"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=76703.msg921701#msg921701 date=1290999672]
It all starts up front. This is were PNG will have the biggest challenge in replacing. If you can believe it PNG may actually big bigger up front on offense with Nicotre (6'2 260) Reasons (6'4" 270) Stasinos (6'5" 250), not sure who will fill in the other two spots, but those three are big.
The losses will be tuff because they were key leaders like Lunceford and Langois on the OL and Easley, Thompson and Schexneider on D.
And anytime you have to replace a record setting QB like Doty, it's tough!

Returning players
*2010 Starters: 8 (3 Offense - 5 Defense)
** 2010 Significant PT: 6 (3 Offense - 3 Defense)
WR *Nelson - WR **Lacour - OT *Nicotre - OG Reasons - C ?? - OG ?? - OT **Stasinos - HB **Hanks - WR ??
                                                                     QB Miller - RB *Bertrand

CB **Hollier - DE *Davis - DT ?? - DE **Grantham - CB ??
OLB *Louviere - MLB ?? - S/LB *Peveto - OLB **Segler
                   S *Sperl - S *Romero
[/quote]On the D side, you have Mangini (soph this year) big kid, fast. He played DE on JV. Had a lot of sacks. He practiced with varsity. The DT, there are a couple of strong big kids on the JV who were very good at DT who will fit in very well. I see our D rotating alot of players in on the D line next year. With the size coming up they may adjust the D line to a 4 man line. Also we had a freshman on varsity who played in the secondary. Very fast. I also heard there may be some transfers moving into PNG district come Jan 11. One a big O lineman from Vidor. Another from our neighbors. So hard to say, but I see PNG with a more stout D next year with alot more speed.
[/quote]

Mangini is a big kid. I know him very well. Very nice kid. I hope he can flip the switch on the field. I did not see him play but speak to him pretty often. I see us running the ball more next year with Miller. He is bigger than Doty and has a strong arm I am just not sure about his accuracy and instincts.

[quote name="akifan94" post="922240" timestamp="1291064223"]
I see us running the ball more next year with Miller. He is bigger than Doty and has a strong arm I am just not sure about his accuracy and instincts.
[/quote]
Miller is more of a running threat than Doty. Very smart kid (#1 in his class last I heard). He does not have the arm that Doty had, but few do, he can sling it though. I suspect we will see more designed QB Draws and some Spread Option, but PNG will still throw the ball regularly.

[quote author=kicker link=topic=76703.msg922223#msg922223 date=1291063435]
The one thing that i am excited to see is how little jimmy Salter will mature as a QB. Being only a Sophomore, he was forced into a situation that noone would ever want to be in. Yet, he showed tremendous poise and maturity for his age. The experience and adversity that he went through this season is priceless when it comes to experience. We know he will grow physicaly, but also know that he will grow mentally. The next few seasons will be fun to watch. He is going to be a good one, mark my words. ;)
[/quote]
I have heard about Salter for a couple of seasons now, but what I hear is that WOS is set bigtime at QB the next 4 years. Freshman kid next year may even push him some in 2012. Nice problem to have! ;)

[quote name="badndn" post="923016" timestamp="1291160215"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=76703.msg922240#msg922240 date=1291064223]
I see us running the ball more next year with Miller. He is bigger than Doty and has a strong arm I am just not sure about his accuracy and instincts.
[/quote]
Miller is more of a running threat than Doty. Very smart kid (#1 in his class last I heard). He does not have the arm that Doty had, but few do, he can sling it though. I suspect we will see more designed QB Draws and some Spread Option, but PNG will still throw the ball regularly.

[/quote]
I have heard about Salter for a couple of seasons now, but what I hear is that WOS is set bigtime at QB the next 4 years. Freshman kid next year may even push him some in 2012. Nice problem to have! ;)
[/quote]

Well, our stable is definatly full, just alot of yearlings that have to be polished. ;)

[quote name="kicker" post="923439" timestamp="1291217048"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=76703.msg923016#msg923016 date=1291160215]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Well, our stable is definatly full, just alot of yearlings that have to be polished. ;)
[/quote]

We going plumb to the back of the stables and running them outta the corners...May have to suit up a Heifer or two.... ;D

[quote name="kicker" post="923439" timestamp="1291217048"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=76703.msg923016#msg923016 date=1291160215]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote] Yes it is. Coach T thinks this could be one of the best groups ever on Defense especially next year.

[quote name="skipper" post="921370" timestamp="1290970686"]
how does it look for LC-M and BRIDGE CITY
[/quote]
Its gonna be tough for lcm losing all the senoirs. Losing Sonnier and Gonzo, hard to replace those two, but harmon who had the best hands on the team returns. The qauterback sitution is a lil different. I know the back up for hunter wasnt to bad ive seen him throw a few passes and he has a better arm the gonzo just dont know about his running ability. The returning back will be sezar #21 and he is fast. We get numbe #50 hayden reed who is just a big kid and really strong along with most of the rest of the o-line back.
On defense i dont know who is coming back but i went to a few jv and freshman games and both teams looked pretty good.
Maybe we can recruit a few wos players since its now open enrollment.  ;D

Is Britan Lindsay a Jr. or Sr.? He's listed as a Jr. rb and a Sr. Lb.. Which is it? Also, Coach Dyer might have been counting just the starters from the last playoff game. When coaches count starters for next year they count starters from the last game or if a underclassman starter had a season ending injury and will be expected to start next year. That might explain some of the descrepencies in y'alls numbers on WOS for next year.

WOS is losing 2 of the 3 running backs and one wide out. The Offensive line are all seniors but one. Offensively they are losing 6... So 6 remain, not including the ones that played alot. Defensively they are losing the defensive tackles and one defensive end, and that leaves 8 starters back. Normally the Sophomores (lynch and Woodson) started at line backer. These are the starters. So there are 14 returners..... If I can add right...LOL

[quote name="utguy09" post="924443" timestamp="1291325203"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=76703.msg921370#msg921370 date=1290970686]
how does it look for LC-M and BRIDGE CITY
[/quote]
Its gonna be tough for lcm losing all the senoirs. Losing Sonnier and Gonzo, hard to replace those two, but harmon who had the best hands on the team returns. The qauterback sitution is a lil different. I know the back up for hunter wasnt to bad ive seen him throw a few passes and he has a better arm the gonzo just dont know about his running ability. The returning back will be sezar #21 and he is fast. We get numbe #50 hayden reed who is just a big kid and really strong along with most of the rest of the o-line back.
On defense i dont know who is coming back but i went to a few jv and freshman games and both teams looked pretty good.
Maybe we can recruit a few wos players since its now open enrollment.  ;D
[/quote]

Already got a good one that plays baseball. He was a QB on JV last time he played.

• 6 months later...
[quote name="KFDM KERRY COOPER" post="921523" timestamp="1290986147"]
From Coach Dyer WO-S Returning starters

[b]9 on Defense

7 on Offense[/b][/quote]

From DCTF (where the info came from AD/HC Thompson)

returning starters:

5 on offense
8 on defense

13 returning, not 16. ;)

Oh Kerry, Kerry, Kerry. ::)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1020202" timestamp="1308759926"]
[quote author=KFDM KERRY COOPER link=topic=76703.msg921523#msg921523 date=1290986147]
From Coach Dyer WO-S Returning starters

[b]9 on Defense

7 on Offense[/b][/quote]

From DCTF (where the info came from AD/HC Thompson)

returning starters:

5 on offense
8 on defense

13 returning, not 16. ;)

Oh Kerry, Kerry, Kerry. ::)
[/quote]

Actually, Coach Thompson told me 12 returning starters.

How come there ain't no love for the 1A's on here? LOL
District 11-1A should be uber-competitive with West Sabine winning out(according to Dave Campbell, not bein a homer here!), Lovelady 2nd and H-D 3rd. But remember, this is all preseason and games aren't won in the preseason. I would hate to be goin up against that o-line West Sabine has, however. They lost a few to graduation but they're replacing them with some monsters off last year's 9-0 JV squad. Any time you are a 1-A school and you have a 6ft. 5in. 308 lb. kid at tackle you have an advantage. Think the center is either 220 or 230lbs. as well. The whole district has numerous starters returning( WS-11{6 Off./ 5 Def.}, Lovelady 13 {7 Off./ 6 Def.}, WH 13 {7 Off/6 Def}, H-D 8{ 4 on each side}, and Colmesneil 14 {9 Off./5 Def.}). Should be a fun district!!!!!

• 1 month later...
to all you guys in 19 4a,dont kid yourselfs,you know that the broncos rule this district.yes we lost some major players to college,but the crew we have this year has got a lot of heart.thay showe it friday night against elkins,being down 28-7 at the half ,and then shutting elkins down the 2nd half and coming back to win the game.i heard that crosby has some new cubs,and thats just what they are ,some cubs ,thay are not ready for friday night lights.dayton will win this district again,sorry bh,we wont beat you as bad this year,but we will beat you,and crosby ,im not even gioing to say anything,you already know .

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder