Is DC Stalworth Best Player In The AREA?

[quote name="SHS_Mayor" post="915682" timestamp="1290369144"]
Dc Stalworth is by far the best this year i don't think we can minimize his talents to this area i think he has to be Top 25 in the state
[/quote]you mean top 25 in State as far as 3-A? Yes then I would agree. If you mean from 5-A THRU 3-A , no!

[quote name="SHS_Mayor" post="915682" timestamp="1290369144"]
Dc Stalworth is by far the best this year i don't think we can minimize his talents to this area i think he has to be Top 25 in the state
[/quote]

Some peoples minds are so small and they only think within their community!!! ::) ::) ::)

DC is a very talented player and one of the top players in SE Texas, but in the state???  Not hardly!!!

I think DC has all the tools to become a good mid major player.He is definitely on the short list in this area.That being said if you look at the list of the top 25 players in our corner of the state over the last several years not many even play at the mid major level.There are a ton of good players in Houston and the Dallas area.Some things working in his favor are good size,shoots the ball well from mid-range and handles the ball well.I could see him playing the 3 spot in a couple of years in the Southland conference.

DC is a great player but people need to understand the supreme talent that is in the state of Texas. Especially in the class of 2012. Mark my words. Houston will have somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 of the top 150 players in the country for the class of 2012. Players like Cameron Ridley from Bush, Shaquille Clare from The Village School, Jeremy King and Christian Sanders for St. Thomas, Trey Guidry and Carl Culberson for St. Pius, LJ Rose for Second Baptist (Already visited North Carolina), Rasheed Sulaimon for Strak Jesuit (Already Visited Duke), Clyde Santee for Yates, Wanna Bail, Michael Carey, Aaron Durley...the Houston Area is loaded.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="916090" timestamp="1290390803"]
DC is the best player in the Golden Triangle Region! At his height in the Houston area, he would really need to handle the ball better to play at the 5A level. He is a darn good talent and I would put him in the top 50 in the state.
[/quote]You hit on a sensitive subject matter of mine. I think kids who grow too tall at a young age sometimes have a basketball curse on them. Too many times, coaches want to play them down low and no one never explains to these kids that ball handling, passing and shooting is a priority.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="916267" timestamp="1290402205"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=76464.msg916090#msg916090 date=1290390803]
DC is the best player in the Golden Triangle Region! At his height in the Houston area, he would really need to handle the ball better to play at the 5A level. He is a darn good talent and I would put him in the top 50 in the state.
[/quote]You hit on a sensitive subject matter of mine. I think kids who grow too tall at a young age sometimes have a basketball curse on them. Too many times, coaches want to play them down low and no one never explains to these kids that ball handling, passing and shooting is a priority.
[/quote]
i agree

[quote name="Tiger05" post="916368" timestamp="1290434609"]
Stalworth might not be the best player in Texas maybe not even in the top 50
But he could sure be in the starting lineup for any team in the Texas 5A-1A

[/quote]He does have a *star* sounding last name. I saw Silsbee play last season. I'm not sure who Stalworth is but I do know I saw several of their players who can ball.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="916702" timestamp="1290459643"]
With DC's talents, I'dlike to see him play more of a guard type roll. Since he is one of the tallest if not tallest ont he team, he will have to play down low. At 6'3 he should be able to handle the ball just fine.
[/quote]At 6'3, he's a guard at the next level. Ihope he has his dribbling skills down for that position.

[quote name="team first" post="917187" timestamp="1290524599"]
D.C. is a good player. But not the BEST in the area. Top 10 for sure! Got to get out more!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

As a faithful HJ fan and hater of Silsbee  ;D ;D ;D ;D you might want to get out more TEAM FIRST.  DC is VERY good and is in Top 3 for sure and might be best in SE Texas.  Not to many 6'3 guards around and he can do it all.  Will be glad when he graduates!!! ;) ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder