Is DC Stalworth Best Player In The AREA?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="917202" timestamp="1290525585"]
DC ('6"4 ;)) is the best player in the area. My opinion that is agreed upon by many of the local coaches in this area that I have spoken to this year.
[/quote]The problem is, in my opinion, DC is too small to be a forward and not quick enough to be a guard.  He's a good all around high school basketball player, though.

I think the most overlooked part of his game is his intelligence.  He's like a quarterback for Silsbee, and without him in the game... it shows.

If we are calling D.C. a guard then we really need to be looking at the top ten.He is not a top ten guard, not close. An all-around good top 10 high school player in our area .yes. you have to be able to shoot it in my opinion to be a "guard". You have to be able to handle it like a guard. He bangs, high energy and makes Silsbee pretty dang good through his effort and athleticism. He is a good player no doubt. And by the way I'm out every tues and Friday!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="GoGetta56" post="918012" timestamp="1290609792"]
Best All around player , he can play all 5 positions , Won district MVP and all state His jr year So i can see him beinq in the top 25! :)
[/quote]

He cannot play all five positions. He is not a one or two and all Silsbee fans know that. He is a heck of a player. Very similar to Trey Guidry of St. Pius IMO. They are very similar in height both very long and good slashers from the 3 spot.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="ST413" post="918558" timestamp="1290679617"]
He played point last year.
[/quote]

Amended to read, "He played a little bit at point guard last year."

Name a player is SETX who is better than DC! You can always say what a player can and can't do, but he is the best. Yes he can shot the 3 and he can play down low. Remember Chris Miller of Silsbee. 6'3 240lb allstate 1st team post? He has a similar game without the big 3 point threat. DC will go to the next level and be fine.

See this is the problem. You can't just take the compliment and move on. He is not a point guard plain and simple. He cannot shoot the three consistently. As an opposing coach wouldn't you be satisfies if he was out on the perimeter shooting 20 hooters I think so.  Do you realize the type of shooter you have to
Be to make it to the next level at the two spot? Probably not. I'm not
Saying he does not have a division 1 future. I'm saying it would be at the three spot though.

This thread wasn't about his college future. It was about whether or not he is the best player in the area. This year, I think it is the opinion of many that DC is the best all around player in the area. Best shootinbg guard no. Best point no but can play it pretty well. Maybe the best forward in the area. And is one of the better posts. So he can pretty much play anywhere. As far as his college future. He will probably be in the southland.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed