Port Neches-Groves (8-4) vs. Manvel Mavericks (10-2) Predictions?

KFDM COOP

[quote name="Half Indian/Wildcat" post="917501" timestamp="1290550173"]
[quote author=19Cherokee90 link=topic=76440.msg917467#msg917467 date=1290547349]
BTW my prediction is..

PNG 45
Manvel 28

Manvel is overrated now...their local newspaper picked em dead last in their district a few weeks before the season kicked off..i'd say they are somewhere in the middle of that and all the hype now. I can tell ya this..no matter what the outcome, they have a BATTLE on their hands cause the hometown boys are all business!!! Manvel better not show up thinking they got this one licked before it starts cause they will get shocked and sent home wondering what just happened. They better show up to play their A game.

Scalp Em INDIANS!!!!
[/quote]I couldnt agree more. I have seen Manvel on film and they have no where near the overall team speed in which Willis had so our Def in my opinion will have a much better game this week. And the blitzs need to come from the DB's that are covering the slot recievers not our LB's that are to slow to get to the QB.
[/quote]

Wow....not sure what film you are watching.  Manvel has team speed to match Willis without a second thought.  Either team can win this game as PNG has a slightly better offense and Manvel the slightly better defense.  This game is a toss up.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brenhamfan great point about "I'd be more concerned with Dexter Foreman and Manvel, than a team that's not even in the playoffs any more..." in the day and age of every body and there brother making the playoffs anything can happen. Sure miss the days when one or maybe two teams went to the playoffs!

Good luck to ya'll next year and glad you will get to see us move on against Manvel!

Go PNG!

[quote name="ndn78" post="917547" timestamp="1290554586"]
Brenhamfan great point about "I'd be more concerned with Dexter Foreman and Manvel, than a team that's not even in the playoffs any more..." in the day and age of every body and there brother making the playoffs anything can happen. Sure miss the days when one or maybe two teams went to the playoffs!

Good luck to ya'll next year and glad you will get to see us move on against Manvel!

Go PNG!
[/quote]

Thanks and same to y'all....  I'm looking forward to watching some good playoff football.  PNG's offense is alot of fun to watch, but yalls defense will have to be playing it's best for this game.

[quote name="TEAM" post="916842" timestamp="1290473408"]
Manvel by 10

Dayton by 20

Dayton vs. Manvel Dec. 4th (Take it to the bank)
[/quote]

Just got off the phone with Boomer from ESPN, this was his take on this week's matchups.

Guest tappedout
Good post BrenhamFan, I agree on your assessment of some of our fan's. A person who I know has seen Manvel a couple of time's and PNG several times has said that Manvel is bigger than Willis and much quicker.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="917531" timestamp="1290552897"]
[quote author=19Cherokee90 link=topic=76440.msg917491#msg917491 date=1290549502]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=76440.msg917473#msg917473 date=1290547933]
[quote author=19Cherokee90 link=topic=76440.msg917467#msg917467 date=1290547349]
BTW my prediction is..

PNG 45
Manvel 28

Manvel is overrated now...their local newspaper picked em dead last in their district a few weeks before the season kicked off..i'd say they are somewhere in the middle of that and all the hype now. I can tell ya this..no matter what the outcome, they have a BATTLE on their hands cause the hometown boys are all business!!! Manvel better not show up thinking they got this one licked before it starts cause they will get shocked and sent home wondering what just happened. They better show up to play their A game.

Scalp Em INDIANS!!!!
[/quote]

Shows how smart the local newspaper is.  24-4A teams and the teams that scrimmaged them picked them to be in the top 3 in the district.  (you see who was right)
[/quote]

Yeah.. everybody and their mothers had Brenham picked as a shoe in to make a State Championship game this year too... I guess we all saw who was right there also huh? So tell me Brenhamfan?? Who is the better team this year?? PNG or Brehnam?? I mean seriously...you have a team that made an exit during the first round and a team still alive in the third round?? Do superior athletes account for everything or does spunk and heart come into play?? I'd take spunk and heart anyday but thats just me. At the end of the day PNG wll bring it and Manvel better be ready...and i guess you and all the other Brenham fans with their crude remarks can sit at home and think of more cute things to say to try and bash PNG and make yourselves feel better about the untimely end to your fine season.

It isnt the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
[/quote]

Bravo...  Now if you want an honest answer, Brenham had a better team than PNG this year.   Yes, yall are still playing and we were eliminated in the first round, but i've seen Brenham 11 times this year and PNG twice, and that's JMO.  (remember who wins when Brenham & PNG play in any sport...) ;) You can preach about heart all you want, but we have just as much heart as any other team out there.  BTW, I won't be at home "thinking of cute things to say".  I'll be at Stallworth with 2 buddies of mine, who happen to be PNG fans.  (I'll be the one in the green) As much as you want to believe I hate PNG, I really don't...  While I admire most of your fans, some of y'all are clueless and just want to believe everybody hates you when they really don't.  I just state my opinion, and you get all offensive.  I'd be more concerned with Dexter Foreman and Manvel, than a team that's not even in the playoffs any more...  Good luck!  Looking forward to hearing Cherokee numerous times, but don't take Manvel lightly, or PNG will be in the same spot Brenham is.
[/quote]

its going to be a great game and yes Brenhamfan does support PN-G....he will be sitting with me and my family cheering on the INDIANS!!!!!

[quote name="tappedout" post="917557" timestamp="1290555490"]
Good post BrenhamFan, I agree on your assessment of some of our fan's. A person who I know has seen Manvel a couple of time's and PNG several times has said that Manvel is bigger than Willis and much quicker.
[/quote]

Thanks...  Ya i've seen Willis the last couple of years cuz they were in our district the last couple of years.  I've also seen Manvel this year, when we scrimmaged them, and they are bigger and faster than Willis.  IMO, they are alot better than Willis.  I'm not saying y'all can't beat them, but you will have to have your defense playing their best.  When we scrimmaged them, they seemed to have trouble with turnovers.  I've heard the same thing from a couple of other people too.

[quote author=19Cherokee90 link=topic=76440.msg917491#msg917491 date=1290549502]
BTW my prediction is..

PNG 45
Manvel 28

Scalp Em INDIANS!!!!
[/quote]

Shows how smart the local newspaper is.  24-4A teams and the teams that scrimmaged them picked them to be in the top 3 in the district.  (you see who was right)
[/quote]

Yeah.. everybody and their mothers had Brenham picked as a shoe in to make a State Championship game this year too... I guess we all saw who was right there also huh? So tell me Brenhamfan?? Who is the better team this year?? PNG or Brehnam?? I mean seriously...you have a team that made an exit during the first round and a team still alive in the third round?? Do superior athletes account for everything or does spunk and heart come into play?? I'd take spunk and heart anyday but thats just me. At the end of the day PNG wll bring it and Manvel better be ready...and i guess you and all the other Brenham fans with their crude remarks can sit at home and think of more cute things to say to try and bash PNG and make yourselves feel better about the untimely end to your fine season.

It isnt the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
[/quote]

Bravo...  Now if you want an honest answer, Brenham had a better team than PNG this year.   Yes, yall are still playing and we were eliminated in the first round, but i've seen Brenham 11 times this year and PNG twice, and that's JMO.  (remember who wins when Brenham & PNG play in any sport...) ;) You can preach about heart all you want, but we have just as much heart as any other team out there.  BTW, I won't be at home "thinking of cute things to say".  I'll be at Stallworth with 2 buddies of mine, who happen to be PNG fans.  (I'll be the one in the green) As much as you want to believe I hate PNG, I really don't...  While I admire most of your fans, some of y'all are clueless and just want to believe everybody hates you when they really don't.  I just state my opinion, and you get all offensive.  I'd be more concerned with Dexter Foreman and Manvel, than a team that's not even in the playoffs any more...  Good luck!  Looking forward to hearing Cherokee numerous times, but don't take Manvel lightly, or PNG will be in the same spot Brenham is.
[/quote]

I get where your coming from brenhamfan. I appreciate the sincerity when it comes to PNG and even appreciate you supporting us...sorry. Just have had some bad run in's with a couple brenham fans and i tend to get overly protective about my indians. I still however think your wrong about the brenham being better than PNG this year...i think the answer to that is we will never know cause they didnt get to match up. and believe me ..nobody is taking Manvel lightly on this side ..I think it's the exact opposite. I think Manvel is taking PNG lightly and I think thats what will be their downfall.

[quote name="19Cherokee90" post="917502" timestamp="1290550203"]
[quote author=fatmaverick link=topic=76440.msg917490#msg917490 date=1290549431]

Manvel is strong and the PNG coaches & kids know they have their hands full.  It's one thing to come in dreaming of the perfect game (PN-G) and another to know that you have been game tested for the past 9 weeks (excluding Washington) of football.  All Manvel have to do is execute and beat a team that they are stronger, tougher & faster than. That's basically the bottom
line.  But it will not be easy for either team.

[/quote]

Your in for a rude awakening if you think your stronger, tougher and faster...yeah maybe ya have a few kids who are real fast but PNG isnt slow pokes by any means. Stronger?? Tougher?? I laugh at that. I actually love it that you guys have the opinion that PNG has to play a perfect game to win this one, it tells me ya'll have no idea what you are getting into. Do me a favor..go back and tell the team that all they need to do is show up against PNG and execute and they will win because you couldnt lead them anymore from the truth. They better not only execute but they better be on top of their game. You are correct about one thing...it's gonna be a great game and hopefully no kids get hurt and hopefully neither team is on an "off" night and both teams play to their full capabilities. I look foward to getting your opinion after the game. Win or lose come back and tell me what ya think afterwards alright??

[/quote]A few fast kids...  you can laugh... they'll play Sat.  and we'll get on the board to discuss the outcome. 

well i watched the video of the manvel vs lamarque game and it looked like they got blown right out the stadium. It looks as if lamarque had no problems running the pill against the mavericks, but they had success throwing the rock too!! With that being said i can see doty and company having a big night if  our offensive line can take care of business up front. I can see bertrand doing what he does best running and moving the chains. Our defense is what it is so i can see it going back and fourth all night. but i dont see it being as high scoring a game as with willis. I have nothing but respect for manvel and am anxious to get this game on, win or lose the ndns have come a long way this year, and soulja just to let you know  will have a png hat on his noggin you can take that to the bank lol! he will try to hide it but i wont let him get away with it lol. I supported the jags last friday night along with others even saw the football team there up top along with ned fans dayton fans lcm fans and even some brook and east chambers fans . good to see all the support for 20-4A! Only in southeast texas!!!!!!!! Scalpem indians!!!!!

[quote name="biaplayer" post="917745" timestamp="1290566629"]
well i watched the video of the manvel vs lamarque game and it looked like they got blown right out the stadium. It looks as if lamarque had no problems running the pill against the mavericks, but they had success throwing the rock too!! With that being said i can see doty and company having a big night if  our offensive line can take care of business up front. I can see bertrand doing what he does best running and moving the chains. Our defense is what it is so i can see it going back and fourth all night. but i dont see it being as high scoring a game as with willis. I have nothing but respect for manvel and am anxious to get this game on, win or lose the ndns have come a long way this year, and soulja just to let you know  will have a png hat on his noggin you can take that to the bank lol! he will try to hide it but i wont let him get away with it lol. I supported the jags last friday night along with others even saw the football team there up top along with ned fans dayton fans lcm fans and even some brook and east chambers fans . good to see all the support for 20-4A! Only in southeast texas!!!!!!!! Scalpem indians!!!!!

That LaMaque game was Manvels worst game if the year.  Tim Wright had a field day.  Alot of things had changed since that night.  Actually Manvel showed up in a pass defense and paid for it. I've seen PNG and their back is good but not near as explosive as Tim Wright.  Manvel have changed plenty of things since then that's why they were 2nd in 24-4A!  But PNG  have plenty of film where teams just scored at will.  It'll be an intersting game!!  One thing I must say... I really admire the PNG fans.  One way or the other... Let's pray for safe trips, no injuries.  These kids have worked hard to get hear... Let's just be thankful our teams or still here to cheer for!   
[/quote]

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="917749" timestamp="1290566840"]
Manvel in a romp.
[/quote]Are you serious in our 4 losses it was by a combined total of 17 points. We have been in every ball game this year not once have we played in a game that if we make 1 stop our pickup 6 inches for a 1st down that we couldnt have won. This team could very easily be 12-0 this year. We dont and never will have the team speed everyone else has but our kids play to their abilities and our coaches out coach everyone we play. From what i have seen on Manvel and talking to people that have seen them play they are a very good team very well coached and will be our toughest game of the year to this point for sure.

PNG 35
MANVEL 31

I wonder how this whole QB rotation thing that Manvel does is going to work?  I see they've been doing it all year and it's worked out fairly well.  I just don't know about that approach in the playoffs.  It's hard enough to get one guy into the game and into rhythm in the playoffs (and shake the nerves).  PNG's had more than one game this year where it pretty much came down to who had the ball last.  So say one guy has it rolling for Manvel (7 for example) and the other guy has an off night (8 for example).  Do they change and go with the hot hand?  I could see this game being a shootout and the game being lost by not scoring on 1 or 2 drives.  I'm just not sold on the whole idea of a QB rotation from drive to drive.  If one guy brings something different then the other guy then MAYBE I can see it (Tebow and Leak at Florida, Lee and Jeffersuck at LSU).  Thoughts?

Guest Two-Dogs...
BTW my prediction is..

PNG 45
Manvel 28

Scalp Em INDIANS!!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bravo...  Now if you want an honest answer, Brenham had a better team than PNG this year.   Yes, yall are still playing and we were eliminated in the first round, but i've seen Brenham 11 times this year and PNG twice, and that's JMO.  [b](remember who wins when Brenham & PNG play in any sport...)[/b] ;) You can preach about heart all you want, but we have just as much heart as any other team out there.  BTW, I won't be at home "thinking of cute things to say".  I'll be at Stallworth with 2 buddies of mine, who happen to be PNG fans.  (I'll be the one in the green) As much as you want to believe I hate PNG, I really don't...  While I admire most of your fans, some of y'all are clueless and just want to believe everybody hates you when they really don't.  I just state my opinion, and you get all offensive.  I'd be more concerned with Dexter Foreman and Manvel, than a team that's not even in the playoffs any more...  Good luck!  Looking forward to hearing Cherokee numerous times, but don't take Manvel lightly, or PNG will be in the same spot Brenham is.
[/quote]

State 4a track meet 2010 results

Event 426  Boys High Jump 4A
=================================================================================             
    National: ! 7-05.75  2009        James White, Grandview, MO                               
      State: + 7-04.75  1983        James Lott, Refugio                                     
    Conf 4A: * 7-01.50  1983        Ernie Mendez, Canyon                                     
    Name                    Year School                  Finals            Points             
=================================================================================             
Finals                                                                                       
  1 Johnathan Fuller            Rockwall Heath        6-08.00      2.03m  10    0 + 0 misses
  2 Dylan Richards              [b][color=purple]Port Neches-Groves[/color][/b]    6-08.00      2.03m  8    X0 + 0 misses
  3 Derek Edwards                [b][color=green]Brenham[/color][/b]                6-06.00      1.98m  6    XX0 + 0 misses
  4 Logan Brittain              Canyon Randall        6-06.00      1.98m  4    XX0 + 3 misses
  5 Barry Browning              Everman                6-02.00      1.87m  1.50 0 + 0 misses
  5 Joe Sepulveda                Seguin                6-02.00      1.87m  1.50 0 + 0 misses
  7 Joshua Brown                Hallsville            6-02.00      1.87m  0 + 2 misses     
  8 William Matthews            Port Lavaca Calhoun    6-00.00      1.82m 

Region III results 2010

Event 56  Boys High Jump 4A
=======================================================================
    Name                    Year School                  Finals  Points
=======================================================================
  1 Richards, Dylan              [b][color=purple]Port Neches-Groves[/color][/b]          6-10.00  10 
  2 Edwards, Derek              [b] [color=green]Brenham[/color] [/b]              6-08.00    8 
  3 Anderson, AJ                Crosby                J6-08.00    6 
  4 Bradford, Jonathan          Montgomery            J6-08.00    4 
  5 Kinder, Ethan                El Campo              6-06.00    1.50
  5 Harris, Devion              Livingston            6-06.00    1.50
  7 Winn, JaMes                  Angleton              6-04.00 
  8 Parker, David                Pearland Daw          J6-04.00 
  9 Schofield, Trevor            Angleton              J6-04.00 
10 Anderson, Thomas            Del Valle              6-02.00 
10 Kennard, Marcus              Houston Jone          6-02.00 
12 West, Quan                  Willis                J6-02.00 
13 Alexander, Jordan            Richmond Fos          J6-02.00 
14 Henderson, Malik            Houston Shar          6-00.00 
15 Waddell, William            Houston Wash          J6-00.00 
16 Carter, Daryl                Houston Wash          5-10.00 
17 Smith, Jahron                Rosenberg La          J5-10.00 
18 George, Brandon              Buda Hays              5-08.00 
18 Hernandez, Jesse            Kingwood Par          5-08.00 
-- Yehe, Eric                  Houston West                NH 
-- Bradshaw, Anthony            Kyle Lehman                NH 
-- Johnson, Patrick            Houston King                NH 

BrenhamFan, I wouldn't say ANY sport. ;D ;D ;) ;)

[quote name="rollinac" post="917851" timestamp="1290570972"]
I wonder how this whole QB rotation thing that Manvel does is going to work?  I see they've been doing it all year and it's worked out fairly well.  I just don't know about that approach in the playoffs.  It's hard enough to get one guy into the game and into rhythm in the playoffs (and shake the nerves).  PNG's had more than one game this year where it pretty much came down to who had the ball last.  So say one guy has it rolling for Manvel (7 for example) and the other guy has an off night (8 for example).  Do they change and go with the hot hand?  I could see this game being a shootout and the game being lost by not scoring on 1 or 2 drives.  I'm just not sold on the whole idea of a QB rotation from drive to drive.  If one guy brings something different then the other guy then MAYBE I can see it (Tebow and Leak at Florida, Lee and Jeffersuck at LSU).  Thoughts?
[/quote]

I've been thinking the same thing. While there have been some quarterback duos that achieve sucess, Im not a fan of it. The QB situation at LSU looks like a diaster waiting to happen. So far it is working and it must be working for Mavel too. What do I know? I guess that is why I have to put on Nomex and work the holidays and weekend! I look for this to be a good game. Manvel may not be the best team in 24-4A, but they are in the best district in the state.

By the way... Two-dogs, you are kinda stretching it a bit.  :)

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="917889" timestamp="1290574687"]
Ok, except for a couple events in track.  Did y'all beat us all around in track, or just those events?
[/quote]

For me, Those two events are enough! ;)

[quote name="shovelhead" post="917894" timestamp="1290574980"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=76440.msg917851#msg917851 date=1290570972]
[/quote]

I've been thinking the same thing. While there have been some quarterback duos that achieve sucess, Im not a fan of it. The QB situation at LSU looks like a diaster waiting to happen. So far it is working and it must be working for Mavel too. What do I know? I guess that is why I have to put on Nomex and work the holidays and weekend! I look for this to be a good game. Manvel may not be the best team in 24-4A, but they are in the best district in the state.

By the way... Two-dogs, you are kinda stretching it a bit.  :)
[/quote]The quarterback thing has scared me also, but it has workes thus far.  In a comeback victory against Dawson & a seal the deal drive against Terry... Manvel coach went with #8.  He's the most athletic of the two and he has no quit in him.  #7 is more of an in the pocket QB  that runs if he pocket collapse.  Really it depends on what the opposition forces the coach to do.  But they are two very good talents.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder