Kirbyville vs Coldsprings Fri 6:00pm Umphrey Stadium Lamar University!

This is definitely going to be a great game and I think it's going to be a defensive game at that. We play very few people both ways and that MAY make a difference, especially on thanksgiving week, I hope both team are working their tails off in practice and studying that film. When I watch film from the first time we played kville, it makes me sick to my stomach, I mean constantly there were 3-4 people messin up their assignments on blocking, letting some through UNTOUCHED, but now I feel we have an offensive identity, knowing what plays are good and what plays are out. Also we have an improved passing game, I think we passed only on third and long in the first game. I'm sure kville has also improved since that first game too though. Like I read on a previous comment, the winner could easily be in the state title game.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="916799" timestamp="1290469140"]
I think the Kats have more weapons since last time like B. Ervine and a much improved passing attack to loosen that defence....it will be a defence battle for sure....good luck to the Kats!
[/quote]I don't think B Ervine played that first game against coldspring.

[quote name="texaggies07" post="917053" timestamp="1290484348"]
I'm just sad I won't be there to watch this game.  I think the Trojans take it 22-20.  I'm hoping for this so I can go watch the next week.  Good luck to both teams I hope for no injuries and a good clean game.
[/quote]

you could still go watch next week  ;) ;) ;)

[quote name="kvillecats9876" post="917093" timestamp="1290487433"]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=76390.msg917053#msg917053 date=1290484348]
I'm just sad I won't be there to watch this game.  I think the Trojans take it 22-20.  I'm hoping for this so I can go watch the next week.  Good luck to both teams I hope for no injuries and a good clean game.
[/quote]

you could still go watch next week  ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]

Kirbyville can win this game,But they will have to go all out for 4 quarters,keep the penalties down and hold on to the football...It would be a lot easier if they were still playing 7-4 teams like Brownwood is playing.. ;)

I got a chance to watch the 'Cats practice yesterday. They looked very calm, focused and confident. The word is that CS is very pumped up and ready to chew nails. Alverez did not have them foaming at the mouth but they did seem very mentally prepared. They are not taking CS lightly but not focusing on anything but mistake free football either.  I think the winner of this game is the team that plays their game, executes and does not let up.  Sometimes being too amped up can be a distraction. IMO WOS slipped not by being anything less than a a great team but by letting the hype come before the game they were playing. They never thought they could loose that game and should not have. I was proud to see the attitude of all of the Kirbyville team.  I 'll always take a team that knows they can play, knows their strengths and is focused on doing what it takes to win.

[quote name="kville68" post="917149" timestamp="1290519648"]
I got a chance to watch the 'Cats practice yesterday. They looked very calm, focused and confident. The word is that CS is very pumped up and ready to chew nails. Alverez did not have them foaming at the mouth but they did seem very mentally prepared. They are not taking CS lightly but not focusing on anything but mistake free football either.  I think the winner of this game is the team that plays their game, executes and does not let up.  Sometimes being too amped up can be a distraction. IMO WOS slipped not by being anything less than a a great team but by letting the hype come before the game they were playing. They never thought they could loose that game and should not have. I was proud to see the attitude of all of the Kirbyville team.  I 'll always take a team that knows they can play, knows their strengths and is focused on doing what it takes to win.
[/quote]

Coldspring will play 'stop the run if you can football all night'...Cummings & Gilbert will get a good work-out before the game is over unless coldspring has found a passing game...Never knew them to try to throw on nothing but third and long...Defense is strong and tough and will be hard to run against..Defense could very well win this game for either team...I still believe in the old addage..Offense sells tickets,Defense wins games.... ;)

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="917308" timestamp="1290534181"]
[quote author=hunter link=topic=76390.msg917256#msg917256 date=1290530590]
36 Coldspring- 24 Kirbyville
[/quote] No way Coldspring get 36 running the ball on our defense!
[/quote]hmmmm........WO-S thought the same last year.  ;)

[quote name="Scooter!" post="917332" timestamp="1290536012"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=76390.msg917308#msg917308 date=1290534181]
[quote author=hunter link=topic=76390.msg917256#msg917256 date=1290530590]
36 Coldspring- 24 Kirbyville
[/quote] No way Coldspring get 36 running the ball on our defense!
[/quote]hmmmm........WO-S thought the same last year.  ;)
[/quote]hmmmm........we're not WOS ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83