LU vs. Okie Panhandle State Predictions?

KFDM COOP

[quote name="JJWooten" post="909123" timestamp="1289779193"]
This is a no brainer. Lamar should be able to dominate them, and maybe even score their first rushing TD.
[/quote]

If they don't score a rushing td then it will be embarrassing.  They need to win this game by 4+ tds and score 2 rushing td's to launch into next season.  On a bright spot, we do have some of the better receivers in the SLC, and maybe we have a blossoming QB who might be really good in the years to come.  After going to see the McNeese game, I am really confused about the status of Andre Bevil and his future.  Maybe someone can clue me in.  I think his problem is now confidence and that he still has problems reading defenses.

Cards should win this one and be able to establish some sort of running game...However the running game is a direct reflection of what plays are called against what defense and how well the blocks are picked up.. I've said it all year, our running backs are not the problem...Heck Adrian Peterson would have trouble running for Lamar.. South Dakota was ready all nite for the delayed hand off but we ran it over and over..We ran an option play with Hussey ( I believe) and picked up about 8 yards but didn't try to run that again until mid way through the third qtr. However we stuck with the delayed handoff(that didn't even work 1-time). Also noticed several times when the rb got the ball and either the defense was in a run blitz or we missed several blocks...We need to work the running game out in practice and then run more than the 3-running plays we have..Am I the only one that has noticed we are running simple little league plays..We need an OC.....our running backs will be fine after everyone has a goog offseason.
We will see what Derrick Hall can do for us next year, this year he would be just as good as the guy's we have, no better .....

Well they attempted the option a couple other times with negative results. Remember the bad pitch from Prewitt in the 3rd quarter and one other time but the RB went the wrong way and Prewitt had no one to pitch to.

As for a Hall being better than the backs we currently have I'll take the coaches, recruiters and the recruiting services opinion.

They all say Hall is better than who be currently have. Sorry, if that hurts but it is the truth. If not, Hussey would be playing for A&M because I'm sure he had the grades to get it.

[quote name="HardHitter" post="910021" timestamp="1289860953"]
I did not say Hall is not better, I just do not think the results would be any different this year. Hall is faster for sure, better than all the backs we have, we'll see......
[/quote]

If he couldn't get on the field for A&M and Tulsa, we may never know. Just because he was recruited by those schools, doesn't mean he had the ability to be a contributor. There are plenty of players who get recruited by the big schools, and then leave after 2 years because they're buried in the depth chart. They go to an SLC school and do "alright," look at Tyler Beatty at SELA. He was recruited by Baylor and then ended up at SELA and hasn't done much.

Before thinking Hall is the savior to all your problems, just remember football is a team effort. Hell, SELA is one of the bottom teams in the conference this year, even with the Baylor QB calling the shots.

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="910377" timestamp="1289881262"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=76115.msg910103#msg910103 date=1289867039]
OPSU is pumped--6-4, first winning season in 6 yrs

that said

LU 24-0
[/quote]

In honor of bigred and raider - Lamar REFUSES to pass the ball and rushes for 79 yards and no td's.

OPSU - 10
LU - 0
[/quote]

You are killing me! I have never stated we should not pass the ball. I just think it would be nice to have a running game.

[quote name="hipster" post="910894" timestamp="1289946554"]
He wishes I was his dad.  Why bad mouth Hussey by saying Hall over him.  Hall is all speculation.  He could wind up anywhere.  Support the players you have not the ones you hope to or wish to have!
[/quote]

Man, which way are you headed. One post you are talking about the coaches. Next you seem to be directing negative thoughts about some of our players.

Is saying Hall has more potential than Hussey bad mouthing him. You are right, Hall could sign with Lamar in December and Hussey could beat him out.

We are just stating an opinion about Hall and before he signed with Tulsa he even told the Tulsa newspaper that the decision came down to Lamar and Tulsa. So, it isn't like Hall just started thinking about Lamar recently.

HoopInsider__Coop

maybe Hall over Hussey any day, except on Willie Ray Day or All-State Day or MVP All-Dist. Day, I remember Hall graduating the same year as Hussey and Hussey blew Hall away in 07'....just stating some facts....anyway would love to have Hall at Lamar he is an athlete with ton's of speed...lets see what he can do now days.....good luck to both Hall and Hussey......both can play this game..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami