CROS / MONTGOMERY PREDICTIONS

BRONX ROX

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="909308" timestamp="1289788724"]
Sorry Tater your right... Its because its the first time Jacoby has ran like Jackacy all year long!

Jacoby had a great game, and to be fair the idea that Montgomery is going to dominate Crosby end to end seems silly. They didn't do it game 1 this year, and their not going to do it now.

56 pts... thats nice question? what was the score at half? question again... How many points did that D give to Crosby prior to the establishment of a back (JACOBY) and a good set of receivers... so MERKA scored 30 on you guys... now what happens when the rest of the team shows up?

Records say Montgomery should win this one... to be fair your Marque game is a loss to Brenham and to be honest they aren't as good as we thought they were (apparently GO KP).

Squishy district over their minus Brenham. I'd argue Crosby/Dayton/PNG/Nederland/BH/maybe even GP could have gone 1 loss in that district. Central and maybe Dayton would have had a shot at winning it.

Listen the cougs gave up 2 big passes against Montgomery that sealed it and opened things up for Montgomery in week 1 the secondary is MUCH improved and the run defense has had trouble with option teams in district, except for Dayton. [b]but tbh Dayton scored most their points on a Wide reciever/rb triple option thing they like to run[/b]. Lining up in a singleback with 3 down TE's is a very different offense. MUCH closer than last time and maybe the cougs pull it out. Hoping that Defense shows up again. Its good to see Chuck with a smile on his face he works really hard and i was happy to see him fired up on the sideline this week.
[/quote]

Coogtalk you actually had a pretty good post for once that shows me you do actually pay attention to what you're watching.  Only thing I'll disagree with is the bold....there was no option game going there.  I also agree with Tater that Crosby has not played up to their potential (I believe it was tater).  My gut is telling me that Montgomery wins this game but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Crosby won.  That being said I have to agree with Friogirl as to who I'll be rooting for ;)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes CROS dangeruos in this one is CONFIDENCE. MONT better get up early and kill their confidence because CROS has the knack to stay around and pull it off late. I think MONT will see a heavy dose of Merka and if the recievers can hold on to the ball you never know. If the CROS D can force some turnovers and turn those into pts MONT will be in trouble

[quote name="rollinac" post="909547" timestamp="1289832750"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=76097.msg909308#msg909308 date=1289788724]
Sorry Tater your right... Its because its the first time Jacoby has ran like Jackacy all year long!

Jacoby had a great game, and to be fair the idea that Montgomery is going to dominate Crosby end to end seems silly. They didn't do it game 1 this year, and their not going to do it now.

56 pts... thats nice question? what was the score at half? question again... How many points did that D give to Crosby prior to the establishment of a back (JACOBY) and a good set of receivers... so MERKA scored 30 on you guys... now what happens when the rest of the team shows up?

Records say Montgomery should win this one... to be fair your Marque game is a loss to Brenham and to be honest they aren't as good as we thought they were (apparently GO KP).

Squishy district over their minus Brenham. I'd argue Crosby/Dayton/PNG/Nederland/BH/maybe even GP could have gone 1 loss in that district. Central and maybe Dayton would have had a shot at winning it.

Listen the cougs gave up 2 big passes against Montgomery that sealed it and opened things up for Montgomery in week 1 the secondary is MUCH improved and the run defense has had trouble with option teams in district, except for Dayton. [b]but tbh Dayton scored most their points on a Wide reciever/rb triple option thing they like to run[/b]. Lining up in a singleback with 3 down TE's is a very different offense. MUCH closer than last time and maybe the cougs pull it out. Hoping that Defense shows up again. Its good to see Chuck with a smile on his face he works really hard and i was happy to see him fired up on the sideline this week.
[/quote]

Coogtalk you actually had a pretty good post for once that shows me you do actually pay attention to what you're watching.  Only thing I'll disagree with is the bold....there was no option game going there.  I also agree with Tater that Crosby has not played up to their potential (I believe it was tater).  My gut is telling me that Montgomery wins this game but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Crosby won.  That being said I have to agree with Friogirl as to who I'll be rooting for ;)
[/quote]

Roll your right its not an "OPTION" play its a double read play for the qb he decides who to give the ball too but both people get their hands on the ball. What i see happening is the opposite of last year. Last year the Mont staff focused a bunch on merka and the RB JACKACY ran all over them for a half, then they started to focus on Jackacy and Merka got loose. Now that Merka is passing the ball well as well, it's going to be interesting.

I think BH can attest to the accuracy Merka throws with. We were down big to them and one of the best passes ive seen in hiighschool since i watched Colt play in a HS playoff game was thrown. In between 2 defenders just hard enough to make them miss and hit his man in the chest for a 35 yard gain.

I'm going to say this MERKA is a MUCH better player this year than last. He was 1 dimensional last year this year he has been very accurate (late in the season).

at 1ZANMAN i totally disagree i think whoever wins this game gets beat by Dawson period. Dawson is TOO big for people and they run a power I and are ok with getting 4-6 yards a play, extremely patient.

I hope our Defense shows up and if they do this will be a close one. FYI nothing does a defense better than a big stop in a playoff game and our defense got that stop against nederland.

[quote name="bdlpna" post="909780" timestamp="1289844668"]
[quote]Even Montgomery's smallest player NG Tyler Anderson was stuffing Merka behind the line of scrimmage. [/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ-DHK2MepE

Go to about the 50 seconds mark. Yes I know it was last year, but it is still Merka.
[/quote]

In last year's playoff game, Montgomery's defense had not prepared for Merka running the ball, they did not know that he could run the ball.

[quote name="texasaggie" post="910031" timestamp="1289861337"]
[quote author=bdlpna link=topic=76097.msg909780#msg909780 date=1289844668]
[quote]Even Montgomery's smallest player NG Tyler Anderson was stuffing Merka behind the line of scrimmage. [/quote]

Go to about the 50 seconds mark. Yes I know it was last year, but it is still Merka.
[/quote]

In last year's playoff game, Montgomery's defense had not prepared for Merka running the ball, they did not know that he could run the ball.
[/quote]

Really... were they blind?

[quote name="texasaggie" post="910031" timestamp="1289861337"]
[quote author=bdlpna link=topic=76097.msg909780#msg909780 date=1289844668]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Alright dude really....I'll be the first one to disagree with Coogtalk about well pretty much anything.  Your comment must at least make some sense however.  I guess the Texans lost to the Colts because they really weren't expecting that Manning guy to be able to throw the ball like that.

[quote name="texasaggie" post="910327" timestamp="1289877323"]
Considering Montgomery scored 8 TDs, yes they stopped him enough to get the job done.
[/quote]

To be fair the defensive collapse in the 3rd quarter was why yall won. Not the stopping of Merka. Everyone stops merka to 150 yards and 7 yards per carry. Thats Like. That Manning guy only through for 400, so we totally held him in check.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="909231" timestamp="1289784693"]
[quote author=texasaggie link=topic=76097.msg909230#msg909230 date=1289784461]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=76097.msg909217#msg909217 date=1289782913]
Montgomery has a major issue, we saw it this year in the first half game 1. they don't have the size to matchup against Merka. I'll say this. IF Jackacy has a good game, Montgomery might be in BIG trouble.

Also With Dobbin been hurt this year... has he lost any of that maddening speed? if so they might be in trouble. The cougs stuck with this team for a half, and then Dobbins got some good blocks in the second half, we were more injured then than now and our front line was depleted, thats not true, its going to be much harder for the Bears to wear down our defense.

BUT Jackacy and the Cougar pass game have really been clicking lately if we can be a 3 faceted team we can win this game, make the fear the RB, make them fear the pass, make the fear Merka's running ability. The triple threat should mean the cougs score a bunch and the defense really played with heart against, Nederland which i hope spills over to this game, if so maybe it'll be the cougs trying to get revenge next week. Hope so as i'll miss this game.

Yes a good Nederland offense without their starting Quaterback.

-Cougtalk. 
[/quote]

::) How did that size matchup against merka work in the second half this year? Even Montgomery's smallest player NG Tyler Anderson was stuffing Merka behind the line of scrimmage. The defense came in ready to shut down Merka and they will do it again. As for Dobbins, he hasnt lost a step, ask Brenham. Montgomery owned the line of scrimmage in week 0, they will do it again. Think of the second half from that game, except for 4 quarters on Saturday.
[/quote]

Keep it coming... I remember last week talk about OUR BAD DEFENSE. and then they consistently stopped a "good" Nederland offense.
[/quote]

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="910449" timestamp="1289911527"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=76097.msg909231#msg909231 date=1289784693]
Montgomery has a major issue, we saw it this year in the first half game 1. they don't have the size to matchup against Merka. I'll say this. IF Jackacy has a good game, Montgomery might be in BIG trouble.

Also With Dobbin been hurt this year... has he lost any of that maddening speed? if so they might be in trouble. The cougs stuck with this team for a half, and then Dobbins got some good blocks in the second half, we were more injured then than now and our front line was depleted, thats not true, its going to be much harder for the Bears to wear down our defense.

BUT Jackacy and the Cougar pass game have really been clicking lately if we can be a 3 faceted team we can win this game, make the fear the RB, make them fear the pass, make the fear Merka's running ability. The triple threat should mean the cougs score a bunch and the defense really played with heart against, Nederland which i hope spills over to this game, if so maybe it'll be the cougs trying to get revenge next week. Hope so as i'll miss this game.

-Cougtalk. 
[/quote]

::) How did that size matchup against merka work in the second half this year? Even Montgomery's smallest player NG Tyler Anderson was stuffing Merka behind the line of scrimmage. The defense came in ready to shut down Merka and they will do it again. As for Dobbins, he hasnt lost a step, ask Brenham. Montgomery owned the line of scrimmage in week 0, they will do it again. Think of the second half from that game, except for 4 quarters on Saturday.
[/quote]

Keep it coming... I remember last week talk about OUR BAD DEFENSE. and then they consistently stopped a "good" Nederland offense.
[/quote]
[/quote]

I can assure you that he hasn't lost a step.  Dobbins is still Dobbins.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="910540" timestamp="1289921029"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=76097.msg910449#msg910449 date=1289911527]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=76097.msg909231#msg909231 date=1289784693]

-Cougtalk. 
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I can assure you that he hasn't lost a step.  Dobbins is still Dobbins.
[/quote]Montgomery by 3 td's

[img]http://www.hometeamsonline.com/photos/football/MONTGOMERYFOOTBALL/photo1283645551381.jpg[/img]

Simply put:

First Quarter Summary:
Crosby (6:43) Merka 14 yd TD run
Crosby (6:43) PAT good
Montgomery (2:54) Dobbins 4 yd. TD run
Montgomery (2:54) PAT good Talbot
Montgomery (1:43) Dobbins 20 yd TD run
Montgomery PAT good Talbot
Crosby (:00) Merka 7yd. TD run
Crosby (:00) PAT failed
Second Quarter Summary:
Montgomery (10:50) Bolfing 20 yd. TD run