Lamar vs. S. Dakota Predictions?

South Dakota is only 1-5 on the road, but that one win was against Minnesota of the Big 10 early in the season.  (Minnesota has only won 1 game this season, their first game.)  South Dakota should win by a few touchdowns, but they come to Beaumont after losing 4 of 5 games.  I say Lamar pulls the upset and wins by a field goal.

I think it's going to be pretty close. After a narrow lost to Georgia State, I think Lamar will have a lot of momentum playing at home. However, South Dakota is a good team. They've played a lot of formerly ranked opponents and tough rivalry games. I wouldn't look past too many of their losses since they were against the ranked teams.

I'm going to say that Lamar loses in a heartbreaker by a FG at the end:

South Dakota 24 Lamar 21

[quote name="puddin tane" post="901176" timestamp="1289182910"]
...it could get ugly..does their qb run?

but, since I have  unrealistic expectations

LU-17
SD-13
[/quote]

this is SD last game, they think its meaningless....already bombed in conference,  they come out flat, its raining, they just want to go home ..so, i've updated my prediciton
LU-18
SD-13

[size=10pt]krapola, they've got a running qb............[/size]

[quote name="puddin tane" post="904301" timestamp="1289501156"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=75704.msg901176#msg901176 date=1289182910]
...it could get ugly..does their qb run?

but, since I have  unrealistic expectations

LU-17
SD-13
[/quote]

[b]this is SD last game, they think its meaningless....already bombed in conference,  they come out flat, its raining, they just want to go home ..so, i've updated my prediciton[/b]
LU-18
SD-13

[size=10pt]krapola, they've got a running qb............[/size]
[/quote]

Or, they've under performed to their own expectations since the Minnesota game and this is there chance for a statement game before their season is over.

[quote name="bigred360" post="904316" timestamp="1289501944"]
Could happen JJ but it sounds like you are hoping Lamar get's beat. I thought you pulled for all SLC teams OOC.

Are our fan's too outrageous for you to pull for a Cardinals victory.  :D
[/quote]

Oh, no, trust me, I would love for y'all to win. I just don't see it happening, IMO. I guess it's just I see these crazy win predictions week in and week out, even if it's against better competition. This is a team that beat a Big Ten team, people need to keep that in mind, they have athletes.

[quote name="bigred360" post="904400" timestamp="1289507387"]
Just giving ya a hard time.  ;) First game I predicted a win that I remember unless I did versus Langston or Webber International. Hope it doesn't bite me in the rear-end as you are right. They have a good team and went on the road and beat a Big Ten school in Minnesota.
[/quote]

I know. I think it just dates back to people predicting wins against SFA, who is a monster in the FCS. Even since then, against pretty good teams, there are more wins predicted than losses. I chose South Dakota, but I hope I'm proven wrong.

[quote name="coachacola" post="901960" timestamp="1289256427"]
I went online to see about how many tickets they had left and I counted around 1500.  I wonder how many season ticket no show there will be.
[/quote]
It all depends on the weather.  Hopefully the rain will stay away.  If the forecast was good I think we would have another sellout on our hands.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami