Orangefield vs. Bridge City Game Thread/OF WINS BY 2!!!!

WOSgrad

great game OF.
congratz BC to making the playoffs...

im a BC fan and if it were a vote for one of the teams i'd have to pick OF...
they came 2 points short from being considered...
didn't expect the game to be this close.... not one part of me thought of the game like this.

Great season to both teams!
was a very exciting year!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="SD2009" post="898380" timestamp="1289012376"]
BC still still makes it and of doesn't haha
[/quote]

I will take a win anyday. Coldsprings is next get ready. They beat us pretty bad and we beat you. Ha! ha!  

[quote name="kosmo" post="898386" timestamp="1289012466"]
Orangefield would go farther in the playoffs than BC. They completely outplayed BC tonight.  Horrible coaching and play calling is going to be BC's downfall not only tonight but going forward.  
[/quote]

i am actually going to have to completely agree with you on this one...
been like this all district, if not all year.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="898401" timestamp="1289012737"]
[quote author=SD2009 link=topic=75627.msg898380#msg898380 date=1289012376]
[/quote]

[b]I will take a win anyday[/b]. Coldsprings is next get ready. They beat us pretty bad and we beat you. Ha! ha!  
[/quote]

tell that to the OF football team, i bet they'd smack you a good one across the head!
in their minds i promise you they are excited about their number being bigger than BCs at the end of the night but they will go home tonight and put a W/L next to this game because to WIN this game in their mines was to be better than 4 to go to the playoffs...

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="FootballFan96" post="898396" timestamp="1289012584"]
great game OF.
congratz BC to making the playoffs...

im a BC fan and if it were a vote for one of the teams i'd have to pick OF...
they came 2 points short from being considered...
didn't expect the game to be this close.... not one part of me thought of the game like this.

Great season to both teams!
was a very exciting year!

[/quote]

Good post footballfan. Would not have posted what I did except for SD2009 being a jerk. Pulling for BC in the playoffs.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="FootballFan96" post="898412" timestamp="1289012903"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=75627.msg898401#msg898401 date=1289012737]
[/quote]

[b]I will take a win anyday[/b]. Coldsprings is next get ready. They beat us pretty bad and we beat you. Ha! ha!  
[/quote]

tell that to the OF football team, i bet they'd smack you a good one across the head!
in their minds i promise you they are excited about their number being bigger than BCs at the end of the night but they will go home tonight and put a W/L next to this game because to WIN this game in their mines was to be better than 4 to go to the playoffs...
[/quote]

Yes I am sure they would. Like I said post directed at SD2009. Those kids proved everyone wrong, They should be proud playoffs or not.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="FootballFan96" post="898412" timestamp="1289012903"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=75627.msg898401#msg898401 date=1289012737]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Here is the deal. Making the play-offs is no big deal these days. Being the district champion is. They take 3 teams, back when I played they took 1. Orangefield went 7-3 and nobody expected them to do that. They beat Bridge  City and nobody expected them to do that not even me. They proved me wrong and I love it. So yes I will take a win and the kids should also because they deserve it. They are the best bobcat team in a while and should be proud. I am!!!!!People can say what they want about coach Huck but he was the right man for the job and a Bridge City graduate. How Ironic.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="898500" timestamp="1289014715"]
[quote author=FootballFan96 link=topic=75627.msg898412#msg898412 date=1289012903]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Here is the deal. Making the play-offs is no big deal these days. Being the district champion is. They take 3 teams, back when I played they took 1. Orangefield went 7-3 and nobody expected them to do that. They beat Bridge  City and nobody expected them to do that not even me. They proved me wrong and I love it. So yes I will take a win and the kids should also because they deserve it. They are the best bobcat team in a while and should be proud. I am!!!!!People can say what they want about coach Huck but he was the right man for the job and a Bridge City graduate. How Ironic.
[/quote]
Good post....and Ironical.

first i am from bridge......bridge city will be one and done.....you are right kosmo the play calling was terrible.....and the defense did not stop the run all year.....bridge city beat one good team this year and that was silsbee and if silsbee wouldn't have turned the ball over so much they wouldnt have won that game....coach huckabee is a good coach he takes the talent he has and runs his offense to perfection with a bunch of different running backs....menard is a great player but i think he puts to much pressure on himself at times...he trys to carry the team on his shoulders which isnt a bad thing but it is a lot of presssure for a 17 year old kid

your right bleed orange coach is a bc grad and applied for the head coach job when it cam open twice i think..i know one time for sure...big mistake by bridge city not getting him...he  would have made them competative every year.....he has been pretty succesful everywhere he went.....took omaha-pewett (spelling) pretty deep in the playoffs quite a few times....and a great guy.....proven winner..yall have a good one......

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="jacf" post="898672" timestamp="1289017165"]
your right bleed orange coach is a bc grad and applied for the head coach job when it cam open twice i think..i know one time for sure...big mistake by bridge city not getting him...he  would have made them competative every year.....he has been pretty succesful everywhere he went.....took omaha-pewett (spelling) pretty deep in the playoffs quite a few times....and a great guy.....proven winner..yall have a good one......
[/quote]

I don't think it was a big mistake. Coach Stump is a good man and good coach. He has done a great job at Bridge City. I only posted what I did because Coach Huck has gotten some greif from some of the Orangefield parents. He does not deserve that. There is a bigger picture here. Turning young boys into young men and I think both of these men are doing just that. I applaud both schools in making the right choice in hiring the right coach for both schools.  I hope both administrations stand by these two coaches and not bow down to the parents.

Orangefield 5 years before Huck got here.
2004 0-10
2005 4-4
2006 4-6
2007 3-7
2008 1-7

Past 2 years under Huck
2009 4-6
2010 7-3

We have 1 less win in the past two years than we did the previous 5.  Huck has the kids believing they can win every game they play.  That was not the case before, alot games were lost before we even stepped on the field.  The offense he runs is a perfect fit for OF, I think we had 9 guys run the ball tonight.  Very few, including myself, did not think before the season started that we had any chance at a winning season much less having a chance at making the playoff in week 10. The few that did believe were out on that field tonight.

I don't think it was a big mistake. Coach Stump is a good man and good coach. He has done a great job at Bridge City. [b]I only posted what I did because Coach Huck has gotten some greif from some of the Orangefield parents.[/b] He does not deserve that. There is a bigger picture here. Turning young boys into young men and I think both of these men are doing just that. I applaud both schools in making the right choice in hiring the right coach for both schools.  I hope both administrations stand by these two coaches and not bow down to the parents.
[/quote]

From a very few parents, for the most part all of us could not be happier with the job he has done.  He lays the rules out and expects his players to abide by them and does not play favorites.  He has turned our football program around as far as I am concerned and has raised the standards for all our teams.   

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="poseidon" post="898879" timestamp="1289021199"]
I don't think it was a big mistake. Coach Stump is a good man and good coach. He has done a great job at Bridge City. [b]I only posted what I did because Coach Huck has gotten some greif from some of the Orangefield parents.[/b] He does not deserve that. There is a bigger picture here. Turning young boys into young men and I think both of these men are doing just that. I applaud both schools in making the right choice in hiring the right coach for both schools.  I hope both administrations stand by these two coaches and not bow down to the parents.
[/quote]

From a very few parents, for the most part all of us could not be happier with the job he has done.  He lays the rules out and expects his players to abide by them and does not play favorites.  He has turned our football program around as far as I am concerned and has raised the standards for all our teams.    
[/quote]

I agree, It is the few I was directing my post at. But then again a "FEW" is to many. Either get on board or get off all together. All we need is 11 on the field.

I think Coach Huck is doing a great job.  The way he runs his team and the athletic dept is the way I grew up with and that's how I raise my kids now.  For example, no practice = no play.  The only viable excuses for missing practice are for a school function, being contagious, or being significantly injured.

I've heard some of the complaints.  I think the parents who have a problem with him got too used to how daddy ball in the youth leagues went and expect the same for their kids when they hit school sports.  I guess they're going to be those helicopter parents who ask the college professors why little Johnny got a D on an exam  ::).

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="LilBobcatMom" post="899086" timestamp="1289052937"]
I think Coach Huck is doing a great job.  The way he runs his team and the athletic dept is the way I grew up with and that's how I raise my kids now.  For example, no practice = no play.  The only viable excuses for missing practice are for a school function, being contagious, or being significantly injured.

I've heard some of the complaints.  I think the parents who have a problem with him got too used to how daddy ball in the youth leagues went and expect the same for their kids when they hit school sports.  I guess they're going to be those helicopter parents who ask the college professors why little Johnny got a D on an exam  ::).
[/quote]

Karma for you Bobcatmom. Like your post.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder