Beaumont Ozen vs. Lumberton Game Thread/Ozen Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="slick74" post="898441" timestamp="1289013714"]
[quote author=refuse2lose link=topic=75620.msg898414#msg898414 date=1289012968]
Poor coaching
[/quote]

All season long. I like creduer but the last 2 years have been very bad coaching decisions. JMO
[/quote]  I agree.  Maybe time for a change 

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote name="refuse2lose" post="898553" timestamp="1289015608"]
[quote author=slick74 link=topic=75620.msg898441#msg898441 date=1289013714]
Poor coaching
[/quote]

All season long. I like creduer but the last 2 years have been very bad coaching decisions. JMO
[/quote]

Ozen is good, aint they!

[quote name="refuse2lose" post="898553" timestamp="1289015608"]
Poor coaching
[/quote]

[/quote]

geeze.... Lumberton fans want to throw Credeur under the bus all ready!!  The man has done incredible things with your football program.  I remember not long ago ya'll could not win a game.  He took ya'll to playoffs two years in a row (for the first time in school history) then the past two years he struggled a little and has missed the playoff spot.  Your coaching staff is consistent, the talent changes from year to year.  You might want to think about that before you are so ready to get rid of the best coach Lumberton has ever had! I am positive that your boys played the best ball they were capable of playing and your coaches made the best decisions they could during the games.  Fans support no matter if your winning or losing.  We are not going to throw Neumann in the grease and put his job up for grabs because we didn't go to playoffs.  For example, your first year to make playoffs, Nederland sat at home that year.  I went to your playoff games that year, all 3 rounds of them.  I saw many Nederland fans their supporting Lumberton.  We didn't want our headcoach replaced over it.  Show some class for you Lumberton fans who are dissing your HC all ready!

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="901517" timestamp="1289227122"]
[quote author=refuse2lose link=topic=75620.msg898553#msg898553 date=1289015608]
Poor coaching
[/quote]

[/quote]

geeze.... Lumberton fans want to throw Credeur under the bus all ready!!  The man has done incredible things with your football program.  I remember not long ago ya'll could not win a game.  He took ya'll to playoffs two years in a row (for the first time in school history) then the past two years he struggled a little and has missed the playoff spot.  Your coaching staff is consistent, the talent changes from year to year.  You might want to think about that before you are so ready to get rid of the best coach Lumberton has ever had! I am positive that your boys played the best ball they were capable of playing and your coaches made the best decisions they could during the games.  Fans support no matter if your winning or losing.  We are not going to throw Neumann in the grease and put his job up for grabs because we didn't go to playoffs.  For example, your first year to make playoffs, Nederland sat at home that year.  I went to your playoff games that year, all 3 rounds of them.  I saw many Nederland fans their supporting Lumberton.  We didn't want our headcoach replaced over it.  Show some class for you Lumberton fans who are dissing your HC all ready!
[/quote]
This Lumberton fan certainly doesn't want to throw Creduer overboard, he's still the best coach Lumberton has ever had IMO. He has taken a group of physically small players and made them winners. While we didn't get into post season play, we still had an 8 - 2 season, not too shabby if you ask me.
I will say one thing about the officiating for once, those guys were baaaaad. They missed calls made bad spots and in one case [b]CAUSED[/b] a penalty. This isn't an excuse for losing at all, this is just a comment. One side judge flat out missed a pass interference call 2 feet in front of him and he was facing the play, that was a drive killer. Also, a ball was spotted close to three yards back even though the receiver caught the ball and was brought down right where he caught it. On the other side of the ball, even though Ozen had our forward progress stopped cold, the referee waited 4 or 5 seconds to blow the play dead after that, the result, one of the Ozen players reached in and most likely by accident snagged the runners face mask. That was a penalty that should have never happened and while we more than likely would have scored anyway, moved us 15 yards closer than where the play should have been. I'm not sure where these officials came from but, if you read these post Coach Creduer, please use the local refs as it would be much easier to work with the local chapter to get these guys trained right.
Now for those saying i'm a typical Lumberton fan blaming the refs on the loss, look up just about any previous post on this site that has specifically to do with officials, especially when they are being blamed for losses and you will find that almost 100% of the time I am one of the ones who defend these guys.
Good Luck play off teams, L-Town will see you on the basketball court, and BEAT you on the soccer pitch.  :D

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="901599" timestamp="1289231775"]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=75620.msg901517#msg901517 date=1289227122]
Poor coaching
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
This Lumberton fan certainly doesn't want to throw Creduer overboard, he's still the best coach Lumberton has ever had IMO. He has taken a group of physically small players and made them winners. While we didn't get into post season play, [b][size=20pt]we still had an 8 - 2 season[/size][/b], not too shabby if you ask me.
I will say one thing about the officiating for once, those guys were baaaaad. They missed calls made bad spots and in one case [b]CAUSED[/b] a penalty. This isn't an excuse for losing at all, this is just a comment. One side judge flat out missed a pass interference call 2 feet in front of him and he was facing the play, that was a drive killer. Also, a ball was spotted close to three yards back even though the receiver caught the ball and was brought down right where he caught it. On the other side of the ball, even though Ozen had our forward progress stopped cold, the referee waited 4 or 5 seconds to blow the play dead after that, the result, one of the Ozen players reached in and most likely by accident snagged the runners face mask. That was a penalty that should have never happened and while we more than likely would have scored anyway, moved us 15 yards closer than where the play should have been. I'm not sure where these officials came from but, if you read these post Coach Creduer, please use the local refs as it would be much easier to work with the local chapter to get these guys trained right.
Now for those saying i'm a typical Lumberton fan blaming the refs on the loss, look up just about any previous post on this site that has specifically to do with officials, especially when they are being blamed for losses and you will find that almost 100% of the time I am one of the ones who defend these guys.
Good Luck play off teams, L-Town will see you on the basketball court, and BEAT you on the soccer pitch.  :D
[/quote]

Not trying to stir the pot or kick Credeur (i too think he is best coach L-Town has had) but I've got y'all at 5 and 5. How do you see 8 and 2?

Let's get this straight, the Raiders are behind Credeur.  There will always be a few disgruntled people after a tough season.  They'll get over it.  Yes it was a tough season for Lumberton, but I like to think of it more as a very competitive district.  All the teams in the district were very respectable and many of the games throughout the district could have gone either way.  I think in the end, the teams that had more depth and fewer injuries were the ones that survived.  Good luck to the 20-4A playoff teams as they march on. 

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="SASQUASH22" post="901748" timestamp="1289242785"]
Congratulations to the Ozen Panthers, well deserved victory !
[/quote]

I'm just curious.  What makes it a "well deserved victory?"

Poor coaching
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
This Lumberton fan certainly doesn't want to throw Creduer overboard, he's still the best coach Lumberton has ever had IMO. He has taken a group of physically small players and made them winners. [glow=red,2,300][font=Verdana]While we didn't get into post season play, we still had an 8 - 2 season, not too shabby if you ask me. [/font] [/glow] I will say one thing about the officiating for once, those guys were baaaaad. They missed calls made bad spots and in one case [b]CAUSED[/b] a penalty. This isn't an excuse for losing at all, this is just a comment. One side judge flat out missed a pass interference call 2 feet in front of him and he was facing the play, that was a drive killer. Also, a ball was spotted close to three yards back even though the receiver caught the ball and was brought down right where he caught it. On the other side of the ball, even though Ozen had our forward progress stopped cold, the referee waited 4 or 5 seconds to blow the play dead after that, the result, one of the Ozen players reached in and most likely by accident snagged the runners face mask. That was a penalty that should have never happened and while we more than likely would have scored anyway, moved us 15 yards closer than where the play should have been. I'm not sure where these officials came from but, if you read these post Coach Creduer, please use the local refs as it would be much easier to work with the local chapter to get these guys trained right.
[/quote]

Wait a minute, how do you get a 8-2 season  ???    Raiders lost to LCM, PNG, CENTRAL, NEDERLAND and OZEN. That would put you guys at 5-5 for the year? 

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote name="DOGS1988" post="901983" timestamp="1289258144"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=75620.msg901599#msg901599 date=1289231775]
Poor coaching
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
This Lumberton fan certainly doesn't want to throw Creduer overboard, he's still the best coach Lumberton has ever had IMO. He has taken a group of physically small players and made them winners. [glow=red,2,300][font=Verdana]While we didn't get into post season play, we still had an 8 - 2 season, not too shabby if you ask me. [/font] [/glow] I will say one thing about the officiating for once, those guys were baaaaad. They missed calls made bad spots and in one case [b]CAUSED[/b] a penalty. This isn't an excuse for losing at all, this is just a comment. One side judge flat out missed a pass interference call 2 feet in front of him and he was facing the play, that was a drive killer. Also, a ball was spotted close to three yards back even though the receiver caught the ball and was brought down right where he caught it. On the other side of the ball, even though Ozen had our forward progress stopped cold, the referee waited 4 or 5 seconds to blow the play dead after that, the result, one of the Ozen players reached in and most likely by accident snagged the runners face mask. That was a penalty that should have never happened and while we more than likely would have scored anyway, moved us 15 yards closer than where the play should have been. I'm not sure where these officials came from but, if you read these post Coach Creduer, please use the local refs as it would be much easier to work with the local chapter to get these guys trained right.
[/quote]

[b]Wait a minute, how do you get a 8-2 season  ???    Raiders lost to LCM, PNG, CENTRAL, NEDERLAND and OZEN. That would put you guys at 5-5 for the year?  [/b]
[/quote]

Yes, Enquiring minds want to know.

Poor coaching
[/quote]

[/quote]  I agree.  Maybe time for a change  
[/quote]
geeze.... Lumberton fans want to throw Credeur under the bus all ready!!  The man has done incredible things with your football program.  I remember not long ago ya'll could not win a game.  He took ya'll to playoffs two years in a row (for the first time in school history) then the past two years he struggled a little and has missed the playoff spot.  Your coaching staff is consistent, the talent changes from year to year.  You might want to think about that before you are so ready to get rid of the best coach Lumberton has ever had! I am positive that your boys played the best ball they were capable of playing and your coaches made the best decisions they could during the games.  Fans support no matter if your winning or losing.  We are not going to throw Neumann in the grease and put his job up for grabs because we didn't go to playoffs.  For example, your first year to make playoffs, Nederland sat at home that year.  I went to your playoff games that year, all 3 rounds of them.  I saw many Nederland fans their supporting Lumberton.  We didn't want our headcoach replaced over it.  Show some class for you Lumberton fans who are dissing your HC all ready!
[/quote]
This Lumberton fan certainly doesn't want to throw Creduer overboard, he's still the best coach Lumberton has ever had IMO. He has taken a group of physically small players and made them winners. While we didn't get into post season play, we still had an 8 - 2 season, not too shabby if you ask me.
Good Luck play off teams, L-Town will see you on the basketball court, and BEAT you on the soccer pitch.  :D
[/quote]Come on ROT.Where are you????  8-2? ::) ::) :D :D

[quote name="Two-Dogs..." post="901608" timestamp="1289232257"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=75620.msg901599#msg901599 date=1289231775]
Poor coaching
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
This Lumberton fan certainly doesn't want to throw Creduer overboard, he's still the best coach Lumberton has ever had IMO. He has taken a group of physically small players and made them winners. While we didn't get into post season play, [b][size=20pt]we still had an 8 - 2 season[/size][/b], not too shabby if you ask me.
[/quote]

Not trying to stir the pot or kick Credeur (i too think he is best coach L-Town has had) but I've got y'all at 5 and 5. How do you see 8 and 2?
[/quote]Yeah my bad, was looking at someone else's schedule while typing and not paying attention

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder