High Island vs. Evadale Game Thread/Evadale Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="Abraham" post="901581" timestamp="1289230883"]
Whoever plays High Island in the playoffs will have a VERY easy game They are TERRIBLE and i wouldnt even waste the gas to go watch this SOON TO BE BLOW OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry Cardinals, But YOU ARE HORRIBLE hang it up.
[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. However, we support our kids no matter what the outcome will be. We are proud of our boys just as any fans would be of their school and the kids playing. I will be there and I will be cheering just as I have all season long. It would be nice to come home with a win. But I will be proud regardless!!!!

Guest Abraham
I wouldn't even expect a win or even a close game it's going to be a blowout for sure! I guess you were one of the seven people at the Evadale game i heard about  ;D

[quote name="Benjamin" post="901571" timestamp="1289230523"]
im not tryin to be mean but if high island plays the way they played evadale in the playoffs they have absolutely no hope on winning it was terrible if it was my call i wouldve said take the jv out in the third and let the junior high finish them off....jmo
[/quote] Like I said before High Island could not handle Evadales V but as far as them playing the 8 grade that is foolish, They beat the JV team 14 to 6. So whoever Benjamin is he is just talking to here his head rattel. That beeing said I dont think High Island has a chance to win a game in the playoffs. Just injoy the ride and dont anyone get hurt, basketball will start Monday

I had a chance to speak to James #20 for High Island (wont even try to write his last name, it would be bad if I did) I was glad to hear that he will be able to come back for track and baseball. Got to say hi to his mom before the game too.

I can't tell you how proud I am of the students in SETX country. I have seen a couple that have not always shown class, but 98% of the kids suiting up for teams throughout our region have plenty of heart and lots of class. Often times much more than those who post on this site.

I am not a fan of the way the UIL did the breakdown for playoffs. Two teams per district would be more than fair and will likely avoid some very lopsided games this coming week, but with that said I would be willing to say that at least one #3 team will advance this weekend and maybe even through the area round. A team gets a play back from an injury or they are clicking on offense. Football is a funny game and teams that are not supposed to win do it all the time.

I want to wish High Island and Burkeville success this weekend in their games. It makes our district look better and it would be a kick to see our area do well this playoff year. If the season ends, it ends and we start playing basketball. We are just lucky that most of our kids at this level play just about everything. Those parents of 4 & 5A players will be done for the year since few players at those levels play more than one sports (I know some do, but not anything like our kids at 1A!)

Thanks for all the hospitality the from the top of Rebel Stadium. It was great to meet Rebel Yeller and Bigmo. I know the boys appreciate all the support and the class of the true Rebs. And thanks True Blue, that’s a great post, and Wham too!

Just for good measure Yeller, LUPEHEKE.
I’ll explain the origins and meaning when you have 10 minutes to waste! LOL

Good Luck to all our teams!

Haven’t heard how Billy Nichols is doing. I’m betting he will be back to 100%.
[url=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-merv/football.gif[/img][/url]

Guest Abraham
[quote name="whambulance" post="902261" timestamp="1289275132"]
Honest Abe is a retard.  Not sure who he's affiliated with but he's no Rebel.  Not a real Reb anyway.  No, HI doesn't stand much of a chance in a playoff game, but under the UIL format this year they did qualify.  So play the game.  And good luck.
[/quote]
No im not retarded i'm just simply saying the truth. I find them going to the playoffs quite funny!  ;)

[quote name="Abraham" post="903399" timestamp="1289413632"]
[quote author=whambulance link=topic=75606.msg902261#msg902261 date=1289275132]
Honest Abe is a retard.  Not sure who he's affiliated with but he's no Rebel.  Not a real Reb anyway.  No, HI doesn't stand much of a chance in a playoff game, but under the UIL format this year they did qualify.  So play the game.  And good luck.
[/quote]
No im not retarded i'm just simply saying the truth. I find them going to the playoffs quite funny!  ;)
[/quote]Finding it funny that they are going to the playoffs and saying that a 8th grade team could beat them is 2 different things. Most people know that they dont stand much of a chance in the playoffs. But they did not make the rules. I to think it is foolish to spend all that money and time to take 3 teams out of a 4 team dist.But that is not their fault, it is what it is.

Guest ECBucFan
That is correct, H-I did not make the rules. I for one am very happy that High Island, who has taken the worst brunt of 3 hurricanes, not only has recovered, [i]but is still playing in week 11![/i]  :)

Good luck Cardinals!  8)

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
I agree....good luck to the Cards on Friday..your community showed us nothing but pure class when we came to the beach..and earned respect both on and off the field. Give em hell Cards!!!

[quote name="Burkeville Chronicle" post="903867" timestamp="1289445074"]
I agree....good luck to the Cards on Friday..your community showed us nothing but pure class when we came to the beach..and earned respect both on and off the field. Give em heck Cards!!!
[/quote]

Glad to hear it and thanks!
Best of luck to the Mustangs this Friday night, I really hope they make it to the next round.

GO CARDINALS. Give um all you got!

Some folks are kinda like gaseous bodily functions...they leave a bad odor, they think they're cute, but the good thing is, as soon as the wind blows they're gone. 

Hang with us folks, soon these fa    , well, you understand, will be gone and only us true fans will remain.

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
Great post BigMo...all of us in the lakes know that the people of Evadale are good folks and great fans. We do not let a few bad apples ruin it for everyone. Go get em Fri night Rebs!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami