How not to sell a car to a Bruin fan

LOL--Last Saturday, my wife and I dressed in WB game attire, went to mid county to look for a car thinking that a good deal was in our favor.  The sales man seeing us in our WB attire asked if we had grand children playing.  STRIKE 1

The GM came to greet us and again seeing our attire he asked why we were going to the game -- and my wife said she was a teacher and he said --Do they make ya'll go------STRIKE 2

She said she loves going to the games and watching  her students play and he said---you must be tough to teach there.  STRIKE 3

I can only guess what he was implying by saying you have to be tough to teach at Da Brook, but he could not have been more wrong.

This inspires me to say once again how fortunate WB students are by attending a school with such multi cultural and ethnic diversity. The makeup of WB students is probably the most diverse mix of students loaded with talent in the academic area in addition to athletics and fine arts.  These young adults have an opportunity to grow up together and blend into a very productive society.  

My youngest daughters senior year, my wife and I was asked to host her friends and their dates for a homecoming dinner.  At the table sat a Jewish girl with her Muslim date, a black couple, a girl from Puerto Rico and her date and several others.  These kids represented WB from athletic programs, the band, theatre and drama and etc.  The only thing they all had in common was that they were all in the National Honor Society.  They studied together, participated together, and played together.  What a great school WB is for young adults to get a jump start on life.  

Now that"s not so tough is it.   ;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="894604" timestamp="1288710320"]
Did you buy the car? ;D
[/quote]
LOL--Nah, gotta better deal here in Beaumont from a young salesman who played and graduated from LCM.  I did ask him what he thought about Da Brook.  Based upon his answer, he was trained well and closed Da Deal.   ;D

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="894588" timestamp="1288709340"]
LOL--Last Saturday, my wife and I dressed in WB game attire, went to mid county to look for a car thinking that a good deal was in our favor.  The sales man seeing us in our WB attire asked if we had grand children playing.  STRIKE 1

The GM came to greet us and again seeing our attire he asked why we were going to the game -- and my wife said she was a teacher and he said --Do they make ya'll go------STRIKE 2

She said she loves going to the games and watching  her students play and he said---you must be tough to teach there.  STRIKE 3

I can only guess what he was implying by saying you have to be tough to teach at Da Brook, but he could not have been more wrong.

This inspires me to say once again how fortunate WB students are by attending a school with such multi cultural and ethnic diversity. The makeup of WB students is probably the most diverse mix of students loaded with talent in the academic area in addition to athletics and fine arts.  These young adults have an opportunity to grow up together and blend into a very productive society.  

My youngest daughters senior year, my wife and I was asked to host her friends and their dates for a homecoming dinner.  At the table sat a Jewish girl with her Muslim date, a black couple, a girl from Puerto Rico and her date and several others.  These kids represented WB from athletic programs, the band, theatre and drama and etc.  The only thing they all had in common was that they were all in the National Honor Society.  They studied together, participated together, and played together.  What a great school WB is for young adults to get a jump start on life.  

Now that"s not so tough is it.   ;)

[/quote]
Hey I think we found what a true fan should look and sound like.....good post...

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="894732" timestamp="1288718254"]
Weed, sorry you had a bad experience in Mid County, I was under the impression that Guido's used cars was out of business.
[/quote]

Now that was funny.  Not stereotyping mid county folks---just observing the stereotype of our community.  Great people in both areas, but I did take the opportunity to share one of the advantages of living in a multi diverse and mult ethnic community.  I loves my neighbors.  ;D

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="894762" timestamp="1288719393"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=75426.msg894732#msg894732 date=1288718254]
Weed, sorry you had a bad experience in Mid County, I was under the impression that Guido's used cars was out of business.
[/quote]

Now that was funny.  Not stereotyping mid county folks---just observing the stereotype of our community.  Great people in both areas, but I did take the opportunity to share one of the advantages of living in a multi diverse and mult ethnic community.  I loves my neighbors.  ;D
[/quote]

;D

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="894614" timestamp="1288710720"]
[quote author=kcat-fan link=topic=75426.msg894604#msg894604 date=1288710320]
Did you buy the car? ;D
[/quote]
LOL--Nah, gotta better deal here in Beaumont from a young salesman who played and graduated from LCM.  I did ask him what he thought about Da Brook.  Based upon his answer, he was trained well and closed Da Deal.   ;D
[/quote]
;D

Guest Two-Dogs...
Why drive to mid-county in the first place? Why not just go to the Beaumont stores first? You do live in Beaumont right?

Same question to [b]raideroldtimer[/b]. Just guessing that you live in lumberton, why would you drive past all of the dealerships in beaumont to go to mid-county to shop and then drive past them all again to go to silsbee?

Guys, I'm just trying to understand what the draw to mid-county is for those that live in other areas. I LIVE in Groves but work in beaumont and am really curious. 

I had an experience with a woman at a store in Groves (wearing a PN-G shirt).  So I struck up convo about football.  I guess she assumed I was from that area.  I told her that I will be going to Beaumont to see Central.  She was like 'eww...  No way I go to Beaumont.  Had a chance to live there...  But nooo  Heck no!  I would NEVER live there!'  With like a look of disgust on her face.  I didn't really get mad or let her know I'm a Beaumont guy or nothing, but I found it interesting how she reacted...

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="895112" timestamp="1288741517"]
The last time I shopped for a car in Mid-County, I stood and walked around the same car for 15 minutes and not one salesman came and asked if he/she could help me. They looked at me like I was crazy when I left in a huff, bought my car in Silsbee instead.
[/quote]
You must be one ugly SOB!... :D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="895197" timestamp="1288747528"]
I had an experience with a woman at a store in Groves (wearing a PN-G shirt).  So I struck up convo about football.  I guess she assumed I was from that area.  I told her that I will be going to Beaumont to see Central.  She was like 'eww...  No way I go to Beaumont.  Had a chance to live there...  But nooo  Heck no!  I would NEVER live there!'  With like a look of disgust on her face.  I didn't really get mad or let her know I'm a Beaumont guy or nothing, but I found it interesting how she reacted...
[/quote]
Now I know your UGLY!! lol :D...you scared her dauwg.. :D

[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="895203" timestamp="1288747949"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=75426.msg895197#msg895197 date=1288747528]
[/quote]
[/quote]Whatever!  ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="895211" timestamp="1288748602"]
[quote author=Sgt Rey link=topic=75426.msg895203#msg895203 date=1288747949]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=75426.msg895197#msg895197 date=1288747528]
[/quote]
[/quote]Whatever!   ;D
[/quote] :D :D..JK

[quote name="Two-Dogs..." post="895190" timestamp="1288747108"]
Why drive to mid-county in the first place? Why not just go to the Beaumont stores first? You do live in Beaumont right?

Same question to [b]raideroldtimer[/b]. Just guessing that you live in lumberton, why would you drive past all of the dealerships in beaumont to go to mid-county to shop and then drive past them all again to go to silsbee?

Guys, I'm just trying to understand what the draw to mid-county is for those that live in other areas. I LIVE in Groves but work in beaumont and am really curious. 
[/quote]
I succumbed to advertising.  I was drawn to their ads.  Thought I was going to be welcomed to spend my money.  It was an honest mistake.  LOL

Seriously, it was an adventure that enabled me to open my own eyes to see that WB students have an advantage to learn and live alongside different cultures of people.  Nothing against those who have chose not live in a diverse area.  I believe that my kids and their friends have had the opportunity to see an entire society---right here in their own back yard.  I actually appreciate the sales person pointing this out to me in such a profound way. 
We bought a light colored foreign model  car with dark interior that has a sterio that plays lots of hispanic stations.  ;D

[quote name="Jduncan1" post="894798" timestamp="1288720742"]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=75426.msg894612#msg894612 date=1288710583]
MidCounty sees nothing but MidCounty!!!
[/quote]

Thats not true because I sell cars in Mid County and my Sales Mgr Sun goes to WB and such So come on back to mid county and get you a car I ll give you a good deal
[/quote]

Please stop!  Car salesmen don't "give" good deals.  They run back and forth between the sales manager and the customer.  That whole process is pretty darn painful. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder