Who is better Kirbyville or Carthage?

Carthage has come along nicely since the start.  They may be lower in the polls but I have know doubt they are a pretty good team.  I think they are pretty close right now but Bulldog#2 is right about this week.  We'll be able to compare the 2 a little better until a possible meeting down the road.

I don't think matching what one team did to another team is a good measuring stick..Each game is different,situations are not the same,teams are not the same in every game,fumbles,penalties and all sorts of things change the situation...I'm sure Center has also improved since they played Carthage..Let them play each other then you will know...  ;)

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="893718" timestamp="1288631350"]
I don't think matching what one team did to another team is a good measuring stick..Each game is different,situations are not the same,teams are not the same in every game,fumbles,penalties and all sorts of things change the situation...I'm sure Center has also improved since they played Carthage..Let them play each other then you will know...  ;)
[/quote]Right on

Carthage is the 2 time defending 3A DI State Champs correct?

I'll take Carthage until prooven otherwise. No knock on KVille, but Champ is Champ until prooven otherwise.

Besides, these two will not be in the same division if memory serves me correct. Won't find out on the field.

[quote name="badndn" post="893882" timestamp="1288641735"]

I'll take Carthage until prooven otherwise. No knock on KVille, but Champ is Champ until prooven otherwise.

Besides, these two will not be in the same division if memory serves me correct. Won't find out on the field.
[/quote]

Unless they let all the players from those 2 teams come out and suit up again old trophies wont do anyone much good.

[quote name="kville68" post="893888" timestamp="1288641979"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=75375.msg893882#msg893882 date=1288641735]

[/quote]

Unless they let all the players from those 2 teams come out and suit up again old trophies wont do anyone much good.
[/quote]
One thing that both teams have going for them is that all the returning players from last year had extra practice time over most teams they have played this year so far.

[quote name="badndn" post="893882" timestamp="1288641735"]

[/quote]Carthage and Kirbyville are DII. If they meet it will be in the state title game. Carthage 3A DII region II, Kirbyville 3A DII region III

[quote name="Kville99" post="893651" timestamp="1288628100"]
the only way to find out for sure is to match them up head on.  Until then all the state wide polls have Kirbyville as the beter team.  Not to mention the last time we played Carthage we won!!!
[/quote] Yes the last time we played Carthage we beat them. Carthage is the defending state champions, but Kville is a force to be reckoned with.

[quote name="HomerJ" post="895526" timestamp="1288798749"]
Carthage mashed Gilmer..who is down but still very good.  Carthage is gaining steam and as one earlier poster put-they are the team to beat in 3A. 
[/quote]

Carthage is getting better but I'd say that Brownwood is the team to beat in 3A.  They are very good.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124