The next conference move coming very soon.

UNLV

Speaking of UNLV's thoughts on SBC expansion...

[quote]Waters said that if Denver does indeed leave,[b] the league will put no pressure on itself to immediately add a member.[/b] If Denver does in fact leave, the league will feature 11 teams rather than 12 for men’s and women’s basketball.

“I think you’ll hear a lot of speculation about what we should do, but the reality is that 11 is a number that works,” he said. “The Big Ten was 11 for a long time, the ACC was nine for a long time. We’ll go very slow and because of the things we did in 2000, 2004 and that time period – we will be able to go slow and look for somebody who does bring incredible value to the league.”[/quote]

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=459646&pid=5851513#pid5851513

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="892128" timestamp="1288480263"]
Word must travel slow to Las Vegas... you dealing at the craps table UNLV?

Lots of changes coming in the 'west'. The WAC news actually came after the big news regarding the Summit League, Big Sky and Great West... you excited about the changes for Southern Utah, UND and USD?
[/quote]I didn't mention those changes because I didn't think anyone here cared. duh...

Southern Utah, UND, and USD going Big swky are good moves for those schools. Does anyone on this forum care?

The WAC not building a division around tech is a boneheaded move by Benson. The Sunbelt becomes a more attractive conference
than the WAC for Lamar.  

Another rumor is TCU leaving for the Big East, then the MWC would grab another WAC team.  I think the MWC will eventually be filled with mostly old WAC schools while the WAC gets filled up with ex-SLC schools.  I think the Sun Belt needs to do something because football-wise they seem to be stagnant.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="892177" timestamp="1288482123"]
Speaking of UNLV's thoughts on SBC expansion...

[quote]Waters said that if Denver does indeed leave,[b] the league will put no pressure on itself to immediately add a member.[/b] If Denver does in fact leave, the league will feature 11 teams rather than 12 for men’s and women’s basketball.

“I think you’ll hear a lot of speculation about what we should do, but the reality is that 11 is a number that works,” he said. “The Big Ten was 11 for a long time, the ACC was nine for a long time. We’ll go very slow and because of the things we did in 2000, 2004 and that time period – we will be able to go slow and look for somebody who does bring incredible value to the league.”[/quote]

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=459646&pid=5851513#pid5851513
[/quote]Bull. The Sunbelt might lose UALR and ULM in the next 18 months. The Sunbelt will not stay 11 or 9. They just won't admit to looking for new members.

[quote name="coachacola" post="892189" timestamp="1288482617"]
Another rumor is TCU leaving for the Big East, then the MWC would grab another WAC team.  I think the MWC will eventually be filled with mostly old WAC schools while the WAC gets filled up with ex-SLC schools.  I think the Sun Belt needs to do something because football-wise they seem to be stagnant.
[/quote]Nah, I think the MWC had enough Wac-ing. I think they will look to CUSA to replace TCU and maybe Air Force.
Maybe Houston and SMU.  Or UNT.

and based on what Coach Tubbs said in his interview at the SHSU game I believe we might be really looking close at the Sunbelt. Its interesting that we are winning Southland conference titles lately - womens BB, Mens Baseball, now mens cross country,..maybe the mens BB will be at least co-champs again. I think its time to really place ourselves in a better conference. The Southland wont be the same in a few years and we need to move on.

[quote name="UNLV" post="892191" timestamp="1288482790"]Bull. The Sunbelt might lose UALR and ULM in the next 18 months. The Sunbelt will not stay 11 or 9. They just won't admit to looking for new members.
[/quote]

UALR is not leaving unless they are forced to. They prefer playing Ark State and the other Sun Belt schools over being in the Summit League. If they get in Missouri Valley, wouldn't be that bad...

And why do you think ULM is going somewhere? The financial issues? I have a hard time believing they may drop.

[quote name="GeauxLamar" post="892219" timestamp="1288483956"]
and based on what Coach Tubbs said in his interview at the SHSU game I believe we might be really looking close at the Sunbelt. Its interesting that we are winning Southland conference titles lately - womens BB, Mens Baseball, now mens cross country,..maybe the mens BB will be at least co-champs again. I think its time to really place ourselves in a better conference. The Southland wont be the same in a few years and we need to move on.
[/quote]We may have no choice. The WAC adding Seattle, Denver, UTSA, and Texas st is still a very unstable situation.
LA tech still wants out even with the addition of UTSA and Texas st. Benson is an idiot. PERIOD.

Terror, ULM will need to make huge cuts. The school is half the size of SHSU, yet it plays FBS.
Do the math.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124