lamar updates......31-6 LU Falls!

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="894338" timestamp="1288668026"]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=75277.msg894005#msg894005 date=1288649764]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=75277.msg893739#msg893739 date=1288632691]
[quote author=1KatKiller link=topic=75277.msg893716#msg893716 date=1288631294]
Because of the expectations being expressed.
[/quote]

1kAtKiller, you made a great post earlier in this thread. My dream as a teenager was to be a coach. But, life had me join the military for several years. Then after enrolling at Lamar as a kinesiology major, I visited with my brother often as he was already in the coaching profession although he is younger.

I seen how hard he worked. How many hours a day he put in and how many days a week he worked. Especially his work load during football and track as he was an assistant in both sports.

So, I decided to change my major to nursing.

I stated all the above to get to the point that only another coach has the right to judge another coach. People who aren't in the profession have no clue what it takes to be successful and sometimes as a coach you can do everything right and still lose.

You won't see me posting anything negative about a coach at any level.

Now, that doesn't mean I always agree with their actions.  ;D
[/quote]This has to be one of the most rediculous posts i've read to date. are you seriously sitting there stating that no one has the right to question a coach unless they're a coach themselves? LOL, i'm not "in the profession", but i can bet you i've forgotten more about this game then you'll ever know about!

And for katkiller, ask jim harbaugh, or jimmy johnson how long it takes to turn a program into a traditional winner, or nick saban, urban meyer, i guess i could go on, but you get the point.

Set goals for your team, high ones and when the team has one to shoot for, you create teamwork, have your team working together for a common good. Don't settle for the same old generic "well it's our first year, i don't expect us to win". Those are nothing but excuses. And excuses are signs of weakness.
[/quote]

Wow, how enlightening!!!  You are brilliant!!  I think you could have taught Vince Lombardi a thing or two with your brilliant insight!!  I didn't realize that coaching was so simple.  Set high goals...i bet no coaches do that!!!  Utterly brilliant!!!  And excuses being signs of weakness?!!  Wow, how did you think of that.  Please great one, share some more of your tidbits so that we may all achieve your greatness!!!
[/quote]

lumpy has already said he'd rather sit on his couch, eat bonbons and watch oprah and the big 10 than watch lamar...he's a hater..still wearing his drama club letter jacket...no fixing him

GO BIG RED

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few suggestions.  Keep family out of this, no personal slams, as this is not about us personally it is about topics.  Please can't we just get along.  LU lost 31-6 and is going to have a hard time winning another game this season.  Hopefully they will but they must play better than they have the last 3 weeks.  So I am agreeing with silsbee 92 lets get over this.

[quote name="bigred360" post="894224" timestamp="1288661206"]

You call that proof? I have several relatives and friends who have been in the coaching profession or they are currently coaching. That has no barring on my knowledge of the game of football and neither does your relationships cause you to know more.

Honestly, I am very surprised that the son of a high school coach who won a state championship thinks he knows as much about the game as people who it is their JOB to know the game.

[b]Thanks for the prior post, as we can all see you are a fair weathered fan. Support when they win and stay away when they aren't.  ::)[/b]
[/quote]

Why give your money to Lamar when they are producing what they have in the past few games. There's a difference in supporting the University and supporting a poor product on the field. Would you go to the local theater if they always had choppy films just because they are a local business that needs supporting? I doubt it. College athletics is like any other business. If you want support then you need to produce a consistently good (doesn't have to be great) product.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="894742" timestamp="1288718691"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=75277.msg894224#msg894224 date=1288661206]

You call that proof? I have several relatives and friends who have been in the coaching profession or they are currently coaching. That has no barring on my knowledge of the game of football and neither does your relationships cause you to know more.

Honestly, I am very surprised that the son of a high school coach who won a state championship thinks he knows as much about the game as people who it is their JOB to know the game.

[b]Thanks for the prior post, as we can all see you are a fair weathered fan. Support when they win and stay away when they aren't.  ::)[/b]
[/quote]

Why give your money to Lamar when they are producing what they have in the past few games. There's a difference in supporting the University and supporting a poor product on the field. Would you go to the local theater if they always had choppy films just because they are a local business that needs supporting? I doubt it. College athletics is like any other business. If you want support then you need to produce a consistently good (doesn't have to be great) product.
[/quote]

Because a true fan supports their team through the good an bad times.

[b]Thanks for the prior post, as we can all see you are a fair weathered fan. Support when they win and stay away when they aren't.  ::)[/b]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You have been supporting the Kats the past 5 years, right?

[/quote]

First since your not an Lamar alumnus, but an alumnus from another rival school you couldn't understand. For you to post this makes no sense.

If your not an alumnus but a local who supports Lamar because it is in your back yard then the story is different. I can see if we had 10 years of losing football teams then you might become disillusioned and stop supporting the team. But we have less than one season under our belts. Anyone who stops supporting Lamar now isn't a fan worth having anyways.

For myself who will graduate this year and become an alumnus of the university my support is life long. I want us to win but if we don't I'm not going to stop supporting the team. Lamar means much more to me than just a sports franchise, it's where I have been tailored into the person I am today.

[quote name="LU4LIFE" post="894759" timestamp="1288719326"]
[/quote]

You can support a team without going to the games. I support the Kats, I still buy t-shirts and hoodies, and I promote the school where I am. Attendance at a game doesn't make you a fan, it's like the good ol' saying, siting in a garage doesn't make you a car.

[quote author=BigRed360]
You have been supporting the Kats the past 5 years, right?[/quote]

BigRed, actually 6, and this will be my 7th. I was a Kats fan in HS when I was deciding which college to attend. Every fan has to start some time, I'm just a bit younger than most fans. However, I will say this, I'm not a t-shirt fan like a lot of people I went to school with. My school was a heavy A&M area, but it seemed like after UT won the national championship, I saw more UT shirts than I had ever seen in my life. That reason alone is why I never wanted to go to UT or A&M, THAT is a badnwagon fan, not a true supporter

[quote Author=CardAmbassador]
First since your not an Lamar alumnus, but an alumnus from another rival school you couldn't understand. For you to post this makes no sense.

If your not an alumnus but a local who supports Lamar because it is in your back yard then the story is different. I can see if we had 10 years of losing football teams then you might become disillusioned and stop supporting the team. But we have less than one season under our belts. Anyone who stops supporting Lamar now isn't a fan worth having anyways.

For myself who will graduate this year and become an alumnus of the university my support is life long. I want us to win but if we don't I'm not going to stop supporting the team. Lamar means much more to me than just a sports franchise, it's where I have been tailored into the person I am today. [/quote]

Actually, I do understand because Coach Whitten drove our program into the ground in his final years. I was fortunate to come to one of Ron Randleman's last games with PNG great Dustin Long right before the deep playoff run. Whitten inherited a great team and did nothing with it. I know what it's like to be excited about a season, your players, your hopes for the year, and then to see them piddle away with poor coaching. What Whitten has done to the Cards offense over the last few games is what he did to the Kats offense in the last two years. How Bomar got drafted with Whitten as a coach, still amazes me.

Lamar is that back yard team that I want to see do well against non-SLC competition. Hell, I want the whole SLC to perform well and boost the conference as a whole. It benefits everyone in the conference when there's success. I saw a lot of people give up on Sam and stop donating to the school because of how poorly the football team is doing, in my mind, that's unacceptable. If you don't want to support the football team because they're putting a poor product on the field, that's one thing, but I don't think you should ever stop supporting your alma mater. If you don't go to games because you don't like what's on the field, that's fine. If someone stop supporting Lamar entirely (not buying shirts, not donating to scholarships, not visiting campus) because of the football team, that's unacceptable in my book.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="894937" timestamp="1288728305"]
[quote author=LU4LIFE link=topic=75277.msg894759#msg894759 date=1288719326]
[/quote]

You can support a team without going to the games. I support the Kats, I still buy t-shirts and hoodies, and I promote the school where I am. Attendance at a game doesn't make you a fan, it's like the good ol' saying, siting in a garage doesn't make you a car.

[quote author=BigRed360]

BigRed, actually 6, and this will be my 7th. I was a Kats fan in HS when I was deciding which college to attend. Every fan has to start some time, I'm just a bit younger than most fans. However, I will say this, I'm not a t-shirt fan like a lot of people I went to school with. My school was a heavy A&M area, but it seemed like after UT won the national championship, I saw more UT shirts than I had ever seen in my life. That reason alone is why I never wanted to go to UT or A&M, THAT is a badnwagon fan, not a true supporter

For myself who will graduate this year and become an alumnus of the university my support is life long. I want us to win but if we don't I'm not going to stop supporting the team. Lamar means much more to me than just a sports franchise, it's where I have been tailored into the person I am today. [/quote]

Actually, I do understand because Coach Whitten drove our program into the ground in his final years. I was fortunate to come to one of Ron Randleman's last games with PNG great Dustin Long right before the deep playoff run. Whitten inherited a great team and did nothing with it. I know what it's like to be excited about a season, your players, your hopes for the year, and then to see them piddle away with poor coaching. What Whitten has done to the Cards offense over the last few games is what he did to the Kats offense in the last two years. How Bomar got drafted with Whitten as a coach, still amazes me.

Lamar is that back yard team that I want to see do well against non-SLC competition. heck, I want the whole SLC to perform well and boost the conference as a whole. It benefits everyone in the conference when there's success. I saw a lot of people give up on Sam and stop donating to the school because of how poorly the football team is doing, in my mind, that's unacceptable. If you don't want to support the football team because they're putting a poor product on the field, that's one thing, but I don't think you should ever stop supporting your alma mater. If you don't go to games because you don't like what's on the field, that's fine. If someone stop supporting Lamar entirely (not buying shirts, not donating to scholarships, not visiting campus) because of the football team, that's unacceptable in my book.

[/quote]

Nice post, as your thoughts were clearly verbalized and easy to understand your train of thought on this subject.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="894937" timestamp="1288728305"]
[quote author=LU4LIFE link=topic=75277.msg894759#msg894759 date=1288719326]
[/quote]

[quote author=BigRed360]

Lamar is that back yard team that I want to see do well against non-SLC competition. heck, I want the whole SLC to perform well and boost the conference as a whole. It benefits everyone in the conference when there's success. I saw a lot of people give up on Sam and stop donating to the school because of how poorly the football team is doing, in my mind, that's unacceptable. If you don't want to support the football team because they're putting a poor product on the field, that's one thing, but I don't think you should ever stop supporting your alma mater. If you don't go to games because you don't like what's on the field, that's fine. If someone stop supporting Lamar entirely (not buying shirts, not donating to scholarships, not visiting campus) because of the football team, that's unacceptable in my book.

[/quote]

Make up your mind...do you support your team when they lose or don't you?

For me it is easy.  I have no problem saying they stink IF they stink.  However, not supporting them definitely won't help them get better.  So, always support them and always attend the games if possible. 

[quote name="LU4LIFE" post="894759" timestamp="1288719326"]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=75277.msg894742#msg894742 date=1288718691]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="897012" timestamp="1288924569"]

Make up your mind...do you support your team when they lose or don't you?

For me it is easy.  I have no problem saying they stink IF they stink.  However, not supporting them definitely won't help them get better.  So, always support them and always attend the games if possible. 
[/quote]

Like I've said before, there's a difference between supporting the school/team and supporting the product on the field.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder