20-4A Playoff Picture. It's all coming down to the last week

[quote name="mike76" post="891613" timestamp="1288449714"]
now if my math is correct with alot of help and a vidor win,can they still make the playoffs? lumberton to lose out and lcm to beat nederland and vidor to beat livinston..i think that puts vidor in because we would have the tiebreaker over livingston and nederland..if im wrong  let me know
[/quote][quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=75238.msg891666#msg891666 date=1288453163]

If I am correct then no one is out of the race but Ozen
[/quote]

Yes you all are correct.  Only Ozen is offically eliminated.  Even with a Lumberton loss tonight, they would still not be eliminated.  Several things would have to happen for either Vidor or Lumberton to make the playoffs.  Could those things happen?  Yes.  Will they?  Only God knows.

I posted this last week and the crazy part is nothing was really settled last night so it pretty much is the same.

[b]According to enrollment numbers, remaining schedule, current standings and of course my pickem's (had to throw that in there since I'm leading, lol)...

19-4A D1 #1 seed [color=red]Crosby[/color] vs 20-4A D1 #2 seed [color=red]Nederland[/color]/PN-G (I feel Nederland wins there next 2 and gets in but if they don't and PN-G wins one or both games, they will play here)
19-4A D1 #2 seed [color=red]Galena Park [/color] vs 20-4A D1 #1 seed [color=red]Beaumont Central [/color] (this game is all but set in stone)

19-4A D2 #1 seed [color=red]Dayton[/color] vs 20-4A D2 #2 seed [color=red]Livingston[/color]/LC-M/PN-G (good to be in the playoffs, but this is the worst case scenerio)
19-4A D2 #2 seed [color=red]Barbers Hill [/color] vs 20-4A D2 #1 seed Livingston/[color=red]LC-M[/color]/PN-G (more than likely, this is reserved for the winner of this Fridays game between Livingston/LC-M)

This is just a guess going off of stats and factual information, the games must still be played so good luck to all that are in the running.[/b]

The teams in red are who I think gets in and their first round opponent.

[quote name="Penny" post="891398" timestamp="1288415490"]
PNG is -9 and done
Ned is +2 with LCM to play
LCM is +2 with Ned to play
Liv is +4 and done.

If this 4 way tie occurs next Friday, you are right, PNG is highly unlikely to make the playoffs.  PNG needs to win to get in.
[/quote]
You are correct, a four way tie is not favorable for us. We can lose and get in if LCM beats Nederland. With that being said , Nederland beating LCM seems a better bet than PNG beating Central. Just being realistic , but then again I didn't think we were going to beat LCM. Who knows?? Not giving up on them yet I just think Central is the only team in the district that truly stands out above the rest.

[quote name="pngfan1" post="891997" timestamp="1288472907"]
[quote author=Penny link=topic=75238.msg891398#msg891398 date=1288415490]
PNG is -9 and done
Ned is +2 with LCM to play
LCM is +2 with Ned to play
Liv is +4 and done.

If this 4 way tie occurs next Friday, you are right, PNG is highly unlikely to make the playoffs.  PNG needs to win to get in.
[/quote]
You are correct, a four way tie is not favorable for us. We can lose and get in if LCM beats Nederland. With that being said , Nederland beating LCM seems a better bet than PNG beating Central. Just being realistic , but then again I didn't think we were going to beat LCM. Who knows?? Not giving up on them yet I just think Central is the only team in the district that truly stands out above the rest.
[/quote]
I agree about Central being the only team that stands out.  I believe the other teams could beat each other on any given Friday night.

[quote name="liltex" post="893395" timestamp="1288583587"]
Nope 4 is to many,no pun intented just old school 8)
[/quote]
i agree the best of the best should go. if it were up to me, i would prolly take the top 3. but in this district, we have 8 top of the line teams who would trample over most other districts

We're in the top 5 for top 4A districts for sure year in and year out, and this year theirs no change..
20-4A is like the big 12 from 2 years ago..Alot of good offenses with not so good Defense, excpete for Us :) (Central)..We're
Texas,,With the pretty good Offense and Defense :)

[quote name="D3zii" post="893414" timestamp="1288587376"]
We're in the top 5 for top 4A districts for sure year in and year out, and this year theirs no change..
20-4A is like the big 12 from 2 years ago..Alot of good offenses with not so good Defense, excpete for Us :) (Central)..We're
[/quote]
How many times has a 20-4A team advanced past quarterfinals over the last five or six years?
20-4A is a good district, but it's top teams are behind the likes of Dayton, Brenham, and Friendswood.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="893435" timestamp="1288605711"]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=75238.msg893414#msg893414 date=1288587376]
[/quote]
How many times has a 20-4A team advanced past quarterfinals over the last five or six years?
20-4A is a good district, but it's top teams are behind the likes of Dayton, Brenham, and Friendswood.
[/quote]

Or you could say, it's either Brenham, Dayton, or a 24-4A representative every year for the last decade.

Being a balanced district could hurt 20 4-A some in the playoffs. Every week is a tough game and drains you physically and mentally for 7 weeks. If you had a couple of laughers mixed in there you could rest some guys.When you are in a dogfight every game for 7 weeks it has to take its toll. Just my opinion. I don't believe any 20 4-A teams would be bottom dweller teams in those other districts and would be playoff contenders.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="893435" timestamp="1288605711"]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=75238.msg893414#msg893414 date=1288587376]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I dont like it, but I have to agree. Dayton, Brenham and Friendswood are perennial powerhouses. While 20-4A always has a good team or two, they dont have programs that match these.

[quote name="oldollie" post="893524" timestamp="1288620431"]
Being a balanced district could hurt 20 4-A some in the playoffs. Every week is a tough game and drains you physically and mentally for 7 weeks. If you had a couple of laughers mixed in there you could rest some guys.When you are in a dogfight every game for 7 weeks it has to take its toll. Just my opinion. I don't believe any 20 4-A teams would be bottom dweller teams in those other districts and would be playoff contenders.
[/quote]

This is a true statement IMO, but it should also prepare you for big games later in the season.  I do wish our district was tougher from top too bottom, like 20-4A & 24-4A.  We do have a very solid top 3 though. (Brenham, Montgomery & Stratford)

You are right Brenhamfan, If the 20 4-A guys are in close playoff games it will not be a new experience for them having to make plays late in a close game. But I know the 20 4-A teams are all pretty much banged up from 7 weeks of tough games. Not excuses, you just don't have any games that you can coast through or rest starters when the teams are so closely balanced and you are playing tight, close games every week. No doubt Brenham, Dayton, and Mont. are excellent teams that would give any team trouble no matter how rested the other team is, I am not questioning them at all! But when some of the schools that are finishing 3rd and fourth place in these districts start talking trash about CentraL, PNG, Ned, or LCM not being any good well that is just wrong. I would like for some of them to play Ozen and see what they had to say about Ozens talent!

[quote name="oldollie" post="893585" timestamp="1288624071"]
You are right Brenhamfan, If the 20 4-A guys are in close playoff games it will not be a new experience for them having to make plays late in a close game. But I know the 20 4-A teams are all pretty much banged up from 7 weeks of tough games. Not excuses, you just don't have any games that you can coast through or rest starters when the teams are so closely balanced and you are playing tight, close games every week. No doubt Brenham, Dayton, and Mont. are excellent teams that would give any team trouble no matter how rested the other team is, I am not questioning them at all! But when some of the schools that are finishing 3rd and fourth place in these districts start talking trash about CentraL, PNG, Ned, or LCM not being any good well that is just wrong. I would like for some of them to play Ozen and see what they had to say about Ozens talent!
[/quote]

I agree...  Our third place team ain't bad.  As a matter of fact, if Stratord beats us Thursday, they will be in a 3 way tie for the district championship.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami