What yall know about District 22-3A basketball this upcoming year?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="921401" timestamp="1290974742"]
Dove, I would take that advice seriously had you known anything about those 3 teams. ;)

Liberty will beat Tarkington in district play.
[/quote]

when these players were sub-varsity liberty always looked better on paper, oh except the paper called box score ;). tarkington most likely won't compete for a top 3 spot, but they may play the spoiler for somebody. look for a split in district play.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="921401" timestamp="1290974742"]
Dove, I would take that advice seriously had you known anything about those 3 teams. ;)

Liberty will beat Tarkington in district play.
[/quote]Trust me, I was only making a comment without any background knowledge on these teams. I only saw Tarkington play. I trust your judgement ONLY becaue I assume you know these teams better than me ;)

seems as though ppl will find every excuse possible to avoid giving a team credit. but aye time will show us all, im still behind the panthers 100 perent tho. tomorrow in bh should be another bit of proof and another easy win against another 4-a school.. but there's always an excuse like "oh we have a kid better than mj that's still in football" no ones actually said those words... but u get my point lol... smh at all the excuses.. men lie women lie NUMBERS DON'T!

Liberty is pretty good this year. Coach has done a great job.  vs Hardin, I think this is the worst game Hardin has played in a long time. 26 turnovers in 1st half. 7 inthe 2nd half.  Fitzwater is good. Liberty did not handle being pressed very well in the 2nd half, and will need some work on that.  Summer league was out of control, no referring, and certainly no huge blow outs, more like street ball.,  I do think Liberty will do well this year, just not sure if they will advance once they get to regionals.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="888091" timestamp="1288112237"]
[quote author=Trojanfan link=topic=75079.msg888028#msg888028 date=1288107971]
Who's some of the players or coaches, playoff predictions, general information, etc.?
[/quote]

1. Cleveland

then everybody else. ;)

Probably Coldspring and Liberty.
That is if Jamaul Ross has recovered, and if Reed plays basketball this year, I  heard he wasn't. If not then they aren't half the team they were last season

[/quote]

[quote name="UKCats" post="893812" timestamp="1288636426"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=75079.msg893803#msg893803 date=1288635845]
[quote author=UKCats link=topic=75079.msg893798#msg893798 date=1288635352]
The first two are good, but what did Liberty and Huffman do that makes them worthy of a 3rd place pick? Splendora or Tarkington have just as good a shot as the next guy.
[/quote]

Based on what I personally saw last year (saw Splendora, Shepherd, and Tarkington, along with the top two teams mentioned) I wasn't too impressed with those three teams.

I say Liberty is the next team after Cleveland and Coldspring.
[/quote]

I know this is not a fight worth picking since you are the SETX Basketball guru, but I have a hard time putting liberty at 3rd based on last years statistics. We are talking about a Liberty team that only won two district games and had 100 put up on them by two different teams in district.
[/quote]
EXACTLY your basing a prediction on last years statistics, we can go ahead and base it on this years team and the panthers are very much improved this year compared to last year

[quote name="LtXPantherZ" post="922860" timestamp="1291145752"]
[quote author=UKCats link=topic=75079.msg893812#msg893812 date=1288636426]
The first two are good, but what did Liberty and Huffman do that makes them worthy of a 3rd place pick? Splendora or Tarkington have just as good a shot as the next guy.
[/quote]

Based on what I personally saw last year (saw Splendora, Shepherd, and Tarkington, along with the top two teams mentioned) I wasn't too impressed with those three teams.

[/quote]

I know this is not a fight worth picking since you are the SETX Basketball guru, but I have a hard time putting liberty at 3rd based on last years statistics. We are talking about a Liberty team that only won two district games and had 100 put up on them by two different teams in district.
[/quote]
EXACTLY your basing a prediction on last years statistics, we can go ahead and base it on this years team and the panthers are very much improved this year compared to last year
[/quote]Liberty was in Houston this past sSpring/Summer playing with the big boys. They may have improved.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="922872" timestamp="1291146459"]
[quote author=LtXPantherZ link=topic=75079.msg922860#msg922860 date=1291145752]
[quote author=UKCats link=topic=75079.msg893812#msg893812 date=1288636426]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]Liberty was in Houston this past sSpring/Summer playing with the big boys. They may have improved.
[/quote]

yes sir, playin all that tough competition is definitely paying off. and to the guy that made the quote about liberty turning it over in the 2nd half, from my experience things like that start to happen when a young team has a big lead an the bac ups are starting to get a little playing time... think its more so immaturiy than skill... just my opinion. lets see what happens tonight with bh...

[quote name="chs11" post="922885" timestamp="1291147125"]
Does anybody have info on Coldsprings, I know most of their starters are in football right now but that's about it.
[/quote]

Coldspring lost a star in Chad Allen, but we should be very good...Wilson, Denson, and Shelly will dominate the paint for sure and we have a lot of talented guards. Unfortunately, or better yet, fortunately most of our basketball players are still playing football AND we have a new head varsity basketball coach, so the jury is still out.

We have always been very competitive in district play.

For what it's worth, I was impressed with Tarkington last year.  I don't know how many varsity players they have returning.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont