Sabine Pass @ High Island

apiolar

well i know this is going to sound bad but after i saw last weeks game
i dont know how a team can be almost finished with a season and still look so disorganized
i think  high island will walk in this game and thats not saying anything for high island

high island-24  sabine pass-6

UIL went too far with this whole Div I, Div II thing.  It's a shame that a team can be looking for their 1st win of the year in week 10 and be in the playoff hunt.  Come on!!!  This is not good for the game!

The 2nd and 3rd place teams in this district would have finished a distant 5th and 6th last year, with it being close with Burkeville and Colmesneil for the 4th/5th spot.

[quote name="knows2much" post="887962" timestamp="1288103480"]
This game marks the downfall of the Texas high school football playoff system.  UIL.........you are a disappointment.
[/quote]

I understand what you are saying 2. It is like the UIL wants every team in the playoffs. I just wonder if it is better to just end your season with a final regualr season game or get blasted in the playoffs. I know some people will say that Evadale has been steamrolled in the last four years, but that only proves the point if we have been the best that our district can offer and it happens to us what kind of luck does the 3rd place team in our district have?

Hey I think it is great when kids get to play playoff games, but I do not believe that all those guys and girls who did not make it when the system only took the district champion came out warpped and unable to survive in society. With the way our region is set up this year it is likely that the 3rd place team could end up playing in Victoria and that will make for a very long and unpleasant trip home.

Now with that said there will be one or two teams in the state that will come from the #3 place in their district and will clean house in the first couple of rounds of the playoffs and all of this arguement will be worthless, who knows it could be the 3rd place team from our district, but I doubt it.

i know that SP and HI have a long history and a great rivalry so to both teams good luck and play hard. The winner will get a shot and in life I guess that is the best we can hope for. 

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="888061" timestamp="1288110702"]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=75059.msg887962#msg887962 date=1288103480]
This game marks the downfall of the Texas high school football playoff system.  UIL.........you are a disappointment.
[/quote]

I understand what you are saying 2. It is like the UIL wants every team in the playoffs. I just wonder if it is better to just end your season with a final regualr season game or get blasted in the playoffs. I know some people will say that Evadale has been steamrolled in the last four years, but that only proves the point if we have been the best that our district can offer and it happens to us what kind of luck does the 3rd place team in our district have?

Hey I think it is great when kids get to play playoff games, but I do not believe that all those guys and girls who did not make it when the system only took the district champion came out warpped and unable to survive in society. With the way our region is set up this year it is likely that the 3rd place team could end up playing in Victoria and that will make for a very long and unpleasant trip home.

Now with that said there will be one or two teams in the state that will come from the #3 place in their district and will clean house in the first couple of rounds of the playoffs and all of this arguement will be worthless, who knows it could be the 3rd place team from our district, but I doubt it.

i know that SP and HI have a long history and a great rivalry so to both teams good luck and play hard. The winner will get a shot and in life I guess that is the best we can hope for. 
[/quote]

I think that most people would agree with the basic principle of what is being said Yeller. Some people just never passed Tact class, unlike you.

Thank you and good luck to the Rebs.

Guest Abraham
[quote name="apiolar" post="888140" timestamp="1288116195"]
d-ville gorilla it seems like you talk bad about sp everytime you post something
[/quote]
What does it matter it's his opinion and on top of that it's really hard to say anything good about them because they are just straight up HORRIBLE!

[quote name="DVILLE-GORILLA" post="887914" timestamp="1288099477"]
UIL went too far with this whole Div I, Div II thing.  It's a shame that a team can be looking for their 1st win of the year in week 10 and be in the playoff hunt.  Come on!!!  This is not good for the game!

The 2nd and 3rd place teams in this district would have finished a distant 5th and 6th last year, with it being close with Burkeville and Colmesneil for the 4th/5th spot.
[/quote]

How is that talking bad about Sabine Pass?..  I don't know this person (d-ville gorilla), and I'm not defending them.  But that's the truth!  A team that goes 1-9 does not deserve to be in any kind of playoffs.  I can see the playoff shirts now...I bet that if they win Friday they won't put their record on the playoff shirts.  STATE PLAYOFFS 2010....RECORD 1-9....DISTRICT RECORD 1-2....WHOOHOO!!

Guest Abraham
[quote name="knows2much" post="888155" timestamp="1288117068"]
[quote author=DVILLE-GORILLA link=topic=75059.msg887914#msg887914 date=1288099477]
UIL went too far with this whole Div I, Div II thing.  It's a shame that a team can be looking for their 1st win of the year in week 10 and be in the playoff hunt.  Come on!!!  This is not good for the game!

[/quote]

How is that talking bad about Sabine Pass?..  I don't know this person (d-ville gorilla), and I'm not defending them.  But that's the truth!  A team that goes 1-9 does not deserve to be in any kind of playoffs.  I can see the playoff shirts now...I bet that if they win Friday they won't put their record on the playoff shirts.  STATE PLAYOFFS 2010....RECORD 1-9....DISTRICT RECORD 1-2....WHOOHOO!!
[/quote]

This is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

[quote name="apiolar" post="888166" timestamp="1288117421"]
calling them the sp titans and pa sharks
[/quote]I don't usually get in a hand slapping contest with posters but apiolar, you're gonna have to back that one up!!  Pull my post up where I called them the "sp titans and the pa sharks".
Come on now, you can do it.... ???  AND I stick by MY post, 1-9 in the playoffs is terrible.  I don't care what school we're talking about!!!

[quote name="DVILLE-GORILLA" post="888193" timestamp="1288119477"]
[quote author=apiolar link=topic=75059.msg888166#msg888166 date=1288117421]
calling them the sp titans and pa sharks
[/quote]I don't usually get in a hand slapping contest with posters but apiolar, you're gonna have to back that one up!!  Pull my post up where I called them the "sp titans and the pa sharks".
Come on now, you can do it.... ???   AND I stick by MY post, 1-9 in the playoffs is terrible.  I don't care what school we're talking about!!!
[/quote]Be carefull there friend I made the same post on the Bur. and SP game and got call ever thing in the book ;D Taking a team to any playoff that has only won 1 dist. game is a joke and waste of tax payers money. Just get ready to play basketball... Not putting any program down just keeping it real. ;)

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="DVILLE-GORILLA" post="887914" timestamp="1288099477"]
UIL went too far with this whole Div I, Div II thing.  It's a shame that a team can be looking for their 1st win of the year in week 10 and be in the playoff hunt.  Come on!!!  This is not good for the game!

[/quote]

I have to agree with dville-gorilla. Everything is waterdown, from playoff teams to all distict picks. We live in a give every kid a ribbon society.

[quote name="HI_#20_Mom" post="888229" timestamp="1288122347"]
Apparently the lines between a put down and “real” are a blur in your mind Mr. Smitey Smiterton, cause your SPP are OFF THE CHAAAAART! You might be the winner! Check-in with Tyrone, one of those old guys has the calc process!
[/quote]

Oh well, just checked on Tyrone, He is waaaaay ahead of you. He's running at about 500 this season. Might smite him a few times myself, just cause.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="888241" timestamp="1288123249"]
[quote author=DVILLE-GORILLA link=topic=75059.msg887914#msg887914 date=1288099477]

[/quote]

I have to agree with dville-gorilla. Everything is waterdown, from playoff teams to all distict picks. We live in a give every kid a ribbon society.
[/quote]

The UIL is not a fix all organization.  They try to do what they think makes since, but it's obvious they can't please everyone.  The redistricting was a little bit over board this year and there will be several teams make the playoffs that do not belong.  Right or wrong, that is the way it goes this year.  IT is not SP or HI fault, they are just playing the system that the UIL has given them.  Their playoff run may not be long, but they will do what they have to do.  Yes the system is watered down, but it is what it is.  The All District pics are based solely on Coaches of each District.  It is hard to say that they are watered down.  Are you saying they are watered down, because they pick 2nd team or Honorable mention? 

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="TheCardinalFan" post="888342" timestamp="1288132204"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=75059.msg888241#msg888241 date=1288123249]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The UIL is not a fix all organization.  They try to do what they think makes since, but it's obvious they can't please everyone.  The redistricting was a little bit over board this year and there will be several teams make the playoffs that do not belong.  Right or wrong, that is the way it goes this year.  IT is not SP or HI fault, they are just playing the system that the UIL has given them.  Their playoff run may not be long, but they will do what they have to do.   Yes the system is watered down, but it is what it is.  The All District pics are based solely on Coaches of each District.  It is hard to say that they are watered down.  Are you saying they are watered down, because they pick 2nd team or Honorable mention? 
[/quote]

No not at all, they picked them in my day. Not as bad in football but in other sports just about every starter makes the all district team.

[quote name="HI_#20_Mom" post="888229" timestamp="1288122347"]
Apparently the lines between a put down and “real” are a blur in your mind Mr. Smitey Smiterton, cause your SPP are OFF THE CHAAAAART! You might be the winner! Check-in with Tyrone, one of those old guys has the calc process!
[/quote] I am not on here to make friends ;D Keeping it real sometimes hurts but life aint fair all the time... And as far as the SMITE goes ( even bad press is press) :o And the only reason you dont get many is no one wont to smite someones MOM ;D

Nobody here is saying that SP or HI should turn down the chance to play in the playoffs.  Mr Gorilla brought an excellent point that I 100% agree with.  In theory, if this were only a 3 team district instead of 4 teams, a team could go WINLESS on the year and make the playoffs.  And that's not too far fetched. What if SP or HI had some injuries or "no pass no play" problems and had to forfeit the season?  Then everyone's in and maybe the 3rd team is 0-10.  I appreciate how you feel about your home team, we all love our home teams.  The point rilla is making is that the UIL missed this one.....and he's flat-out right!!!!

*And… the truth shall come to light!
Tink,tink, tink, (the sound of someone being played like a piano).

Our favorite True Blue quotes from this thread:

“I’m not picking on any one, I am just real…y trying to get attention”.

“Life is hard”, -
From True’s Book of Enlightenment for Hurricane Rita and Hurricane Ike survivors.

And……. Last but not least,
“Friends Suck”.

Just messing with ya True. :D
Attention granted!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami