Jerry Stewart

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Multiply that by 100 and you will get the number of lives and futures he has changed for the kids of his teams. There isnt another coach that demands respect and gets the most out of his players. I know most people measure a coach by Ws and Ls but Coach Stewart does in the ways that cannot be written down in a book or as a statistic. Hats off to ya coach and keep them Broncos rollin. ;D

With everybody who has coached in high school over the years in the State of Texas, if you are in the Top 200, you are pretty dang good.  Plus, this win puts him in company with a guy who is pretty well looked upon in these parts.

Congrats, Coach Stewart.

What makes his success so different is what he got there with. How many players have come out of Coach Stewart's Dayton High School football programs and started at a division one college? One. In other words his teams have defeated teams with several D-1 players when Dayton had none or few. It's amazing at times to look at the sizes involved with the teams Dayton meets on the field and yet they're able to go toe-to-toe with them and in most cases, win. Yep, truly amazing.

Stewart makes it work year in and year out. One thing that I like about him is how he runs a tight ship. If the star player screws up off of the field, Stewart will deal with him and the "star" player is treated like any other player on the team. I have seen Stewart kick kids off of the team that were the "stars". Alot of other schools and coaches cater to those kids and let the stars do anything that they want. Not in Dayton.. Congrats Coach

[quote name="Mike George" post="887746" timestamp="1288062449"]
What makes his success so different is what he got there with. How many players have come out of Coach Stewart's Dayton High School football programs and started at a division one college? One. In other words his teams have defeated teams with several D-1 players when Dayton had none or few. It's amazing at times to look at the sizes involved with the teams Dayton meets on the field and yet they're able to go toe-to-toe with them and in most cases, win. Yep, truly amazing.
[/quote] I second that !

[quote name="Backflipper" post="887760" timestamp="1288063190"]
Stewart makes it work year in and year out. One thing that I like about him is how he runs a tight ship. If the star player screws up off of the field, Stewart will deal with him and the "star" player is treated like any other player on the team. I have seen Stewart kick kids off of the team that were the "stars". Alot of other schools and coaches cater to those kids and let the stars do anything that they want. Not in Dayton.. Congrats Coach
[/quote]

Right thats why Your Star Player AJ Dugat... never had an incident in Stewarts Locker room goes to UH and gets kicked within the semester by Sumlin... Right no turning the cheek at all your totally right.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="887840" timestamp="1288085304"]
[quote author=Backflipper link=topic=75057.msg887760#msg887760 date=1288063190]
[/quote]

Right thats why Your Star Player AJ Dugat... never had an incident in Stewarts Locker room goes to UH and gets kicked within the semester by Sumlin... Right no turning the cheek at all your totally right.
[/quote]

...and that's why no one will feel sorry for the Cougars when Dayton doesn't take out their starters this friday.

[quote name="liltex" post="887842" timestamp="1288086812"]
You're way out of line w/that comment Cougtalk.What does a HC/AD have to do w/anything a former student does on another campus after hs graduation >:( ::)
[/quote] I agree WAY OUT OF LINE >:( >:(... Don't be haten cause you kitties lost to GCM.. and PROBABLY gonna lose again come Friday... Im gonna go out there and say and AGAIN the following Friday...

[/quote]

[/quote]Speaking of locker rooms..........................it was your beloved coogs that tore up ours at least 3 times in the last few years...................you must be proud

[quote name="JARobinson" post="887537" timestamp="1288053564"]
From lonestargridiron.com....Dayton Head Coach Jerry Stewart won his 160th all-time game last week. This puts him in 187th place all-time moving ahead of Bill Allen 160, Doug Ethridge 160, Bill Hamrick 160 and Thurman (Tugboat) Jones 160.

Congrats coach!
[/quote]
He will break the 160 tie this Friday night and go to 161.  Stewart goes past PN-G legend Ethridge this week.  Coach Stewart, you are the ultimate SUPER TOUPS GENIUS!  Way to go!!!  Way to make us ALL BELIEVE in the Broncos!!!

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="887858" timestamp="1288093644"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=75057.msg887840#msg887840 date=1288085304]
[/quote]

[/quote]Speaking of locker rooms..........................it was your beloved coogs that tore up ours at least 3 times in the last few years...................you must be proud
[/quote] hmm wonder if that were to happen again this Friday... wonder what would YOUR head coach do? sugar coat it.. so they can play into the playoffs? or would he suspend them?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cougtalk does 35-0, 49-7 and 49-14 ring a bell? Those were the Dayton/crosby scores the years that AJ played. AJ or n
ot yall didn't have a Chance in those games so quit crying.  Also does 10 and 2 ring a bell? That's coach Stewart's record against crosby. I can see why you hate big stew so much . He owns your pathetic football program and everybody knows it. Enjoy having scoreboard for a few more days because you probably won't get it back for another decade

[quote name="liltex" post="888454" timestamp="1288144167"]
I was thinking of a thread about a month ago Setx top 5 coaches and Stewart wasn't on the list as they say he didn't have enuff wins-And now he does 8) ;D
[/quote]
Dayton IS NOT in the Beaumont media coverage area!  That list was for the Beaumont area.  If the list were to include ALL of SE Texas (which is a much broader area) then Stewart would have appeard on that list.

Of course we happened to point out that Jasper, Newton, Kirbyville, etc... were much further from Beaumont than Dayton...etc...etc...same thing every year.  Stewart, Hooks, and the late Coach Barbay were the best around here.  It's a matter of taste as to who you'd prefer.

[quote name="rollinac" post="888608" timestamp="1288154358"]
Of course we happened to point out that Jasper, Newton, Kirbyville, etc... were much further from Beaumont than Dayton...etc...etc...same thing every year.  Stewart, Hooks, and the late Coach Barbay were the best around here.  It's a matter of taste as to who you'd prefer.
[/quote]
You guys didn't grow up in that area...
Beaumont's media coverage goes up to HWY 190 (which includes Newton and Jasper) and to the east toward Lake Charles and to the west right at Liberty.  Dayton IS NOT in their coverage.  NO company from Dayton puts advertising into Beaumont media.  Companies in Jasper do.  Give credit to them though, the two years Dayton was in that district at least one of the three stations (4, 6, and 12) were at ALL of our home district games, EVEN THOUGH NO ONE FROM DAYTON COULD SEE THE HIGHLIGHTS.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83