22-3A All District Picks??

SRP1

[quote name="that1kid" post="929263" timestamp="1291913471"]
well they would start for sure and all the people i named would play somewhere on their team it dont have to be the position they play at their current schools now, but lewis or reed is gonna get defensive mvp i think they would have my vote. i would go with lewis though cause he played with emotion he was cocky and he back his talk up
[/quote]

To say that all of the others would start for sure really discounts and underestimates the players who are strapping it on and beating those players game in and game out...Coldspring didn't have the season they did by not having just as good or better players at most positions...Sure the players you named could possibly start but you can't say they would for sure...They'd have to prove they're better in practice, etc. than the current Coldspring players...Talent alone doesn't make a good player, buying into the coaching, attitude, commitment, etc. is just as important...

Lewis is good and the only game I saw him play this year (against Coldspring) I thought he was really good, however, he was talking way too much smack for someone whose team was getting absolutely hammered....I tend to prefer players that let their game speak for them (most of time)...I'm not saying there's not a time and place for a little talk and emotion but maybe tone it down a little when your team is getting blown out..I've never understood any player who brings undue attention to themselves when they make an outstanding play when they're getting beat by 3-4 td's...It's kind of embarrassing but maybe that's just me...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="MEM" post="929372" timestamp="1291921324"]
[quote author=that1kid link=topic=74989.msg929263#msg929263 date=1291913471]
well they would start for sure and all the people i named would play somewhere on their team it dont have to be the position they play at their current schools now, but lewis or reed is gonna get defensive mvp i think they would have my vote. i would go with lewis though cause he played with emotion he was cocky and he back his talk up
[/quote]

To say that all of the others would start for sure really discounts and underestimates the players who are strapping it on and beating those players game in and game out...Coldspring didn't have the season they did by not having just as good or better players at most positions...Sure the players you named could possibly start but you can't say they would for sure...They'd have to prove they're better in practice, etc. than the current Coldspring players...[b]Talent alone doesn't make a good player, buying into the coaching, attitude, commitment, etc. is just as important...[/b]
[/quote]

This is especially true, they're maybe better athletes playing the same positions as the Coldspring players or they could even just flat out be a better player than them, but the players Coldspring has fits their system to a T. not many could play COLDSPRING football better than the players they already have, which in my eyes makes them a great team, not necessarily meaning the athletes that they have are just superior.

Guest jhamilton
MEM getting a little big headed huh? Geez give kids from other skewls some credit and dont sound like Barbers Hill. Geez how about some humility kid.

[quote name="beechnut" post="929533" timestamp="1291935121"]
MEM getting a little big headed huh? Geez give kids from other skewls some credit and dont sound like Barbers Hill. Geez how about some humility kid.
[/quote]

Once again beechnut, you've fail to comment on the topic of the thread.

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="chs11" post="929635" timestamp="1291941572"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=74989.msg929533#msg929533 date=1291935121]
[/quote]

[/quote]

11 glad you are keeping score but think the point is that there are other good football players other than from CS. Get in the game.

[quote name="beechnut" post="929682" timestamp="1291947151"]
[quote author=chs11 link=topic=74989.msg929635#msg929635 date=1291941572]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=74989.msg929533#msg929533 date=1291935121]
[/quote]

[/quote]

11 glad you are keeping score but think the point is that there are other good football players other than from CS. Get in the game.
[/quote]

well, in that case, me must have a larger amount of those "good" football players or we wouldn't be as far as we are now in the playoffs and we wouldn't have beaten your team to become district champs now would we, "kid"? Isn't it your bedtime, or whatever you usually end your post with.

[quote name="beechnut" post="929533" timestamp="1291935121"]
[/quote]

Please show me something I said that was big headed...You might need to go back and re-read the entire thread...Reading comprehension is your friend... ;)  I gave credit where credit is due...I never said there weren't other good players that could play for Coldspring...I just have a slight problem with people throwing names out there of players from 1 win teams that weren't clearly better than Coldspring players...

well mum u gotta think about it if u were losing by that much you still can talk butt long as you are still playin i can see if he was just talkin censored just to talk but i saw the same game and he wasnt talkin just to talk he was actually playing his heart out. Did u see the hits he put on gilbert and cummings? he even ran cummings down and took on a lead blocker that was in front to make the tackle i think he play like that so his team can stay envolved

I've got two pet peaves...

1. people slidding eating untinsiles against their teeth.

2. people that talk/act/want to be from...cry baby hill choke city.

NO, I didnt read the whole thread..I just wanted it to be known that Barbers Hill is full of people that think they all hung the moon, will one day hang the moon, or know someone else from BH that did in fact, hang the moon.

[quote name="hum-babe" post="897338" timestamp="1288971447"]
Given the format, wouldn't coaches just vote for whomever "hurt" them the most?  If I'm from Cleveland, I know that Edwards rushed for over 300 yds...Cummings didn't...DeBerry passed at will all night including late in the fourth quarter (sore subject).  I also know that Edwards ran the ball for four quarters, Cummings didn't rush much or at all in the fourth. Does this play into my decision or should I cast my vote to the Dist. Champ?  Also, wondering if there is only one MVP?  Do they do offensive MVP...defensive MVP...etc??
[/quote]

Why is DeBerry passing the ball in the fourth quarter a "sore subject"?

and once again coldspring people are continuing to put down other teams' players while boosting their own. yes, you have a good team, yes you beat huffman...WE KNOW. but there are plenty of HUFFMAN PLAYERS and players from other teams in this district that are AS GOOD AS IF NOT BETTER THAN players from coldspring. congrats to you and your success in the playoffs but do not call out our "MVP's" for their performances, that isn't right.

and just by the way, have you seen the ALL-STATE LIST?
3 HUFFMAN PLAYERS AND 4 COLDSPRINGS PLAYERS received honorable mentions...

but  i didn't happen to see a coldspring wide receiver on the list but riley julian was on there, yettt you say that a huffman player couldn't play any position on your amazing team? same goes with quarterbacks, cole deberry made the list. austin potter did as well.

in all seriousness though, congrats to ALL players who made the list, well deserved!!

Just a reminder ,Coldspring fans, once you lose the respect of other schools ,you can never get it back! I was hoping Coldspring won State, but after Coldspring's fan comments, I hope you lose and lose big time! Humility is well desired ,by your whole community!!P.S.  Carthage is just the team  that can make you humble!!

[quote name="bobtex" post="933319" timestamp="1292383361"]
Just a reminder ,Coldspring fans, once you lose the respect of other schools ,you can never get it back! I was hoping Coldspring won State, but after Coldspring's fan comments, I hope you lose and lose big time! Humility is well desired ,by your whole community!!P.S.  Carthage is just the team  that can make you humble!!
[/quote]

You shouldn't judge all fans based on the posts on this forum. Less than one percent of Trojan fans post, know about, or care about these forums. Our community has been proud of the fact that we have received support from all of the schools in our district and in our surrounding areas. If you had attended the game at SHSU, you would have witnessed the spirit of fan support at its best. There were fans wearing all colored jackets cheering for the Trojans. It was truly an amazing experience.

Take your own advice...once you lose the respect of people in general it's hard to get it back...to hope we lose and lose bad is a harsh statement, especially from a team in our district.

i don't wish for coldsprings to lose because i don't want to take anything away from the players and their individual accomplishments. however, i am so offended at the things that have been said by coldsprings fans about other players in the district and it is hard for me to support the team because of that, but the players have done nothing wrong and they deserve respect. just like my brother and his fellow players at huffman deserve the respect of other teams and their fans...

[quote name="mj22" post="933351" timestamp="1292385555"]
i don't wish for coldsprings to lose because i don't want to take anything away from the players and their individual accomplishments. however, i am so offended at the things that have been said by coldsprings fans about other players in the district and it is hard for me to support the team because of that, but the players have done nothing wrong and they deserve respect. just like my brother and his fellow players at huffman deserve the respect of other teams and their fans...
[/quote]

Thanks mj22... Consider this. There are less than 20 Trojan fans actively participating on this forum. How many of the posting fans are you truly offended by? We understand how you feel because no one has given Coldspring any credit all season. We haven't been ranked the entire season and in most of our playoff games we have been predicted to lose.

3A in general doesn't get any respect, so why should we disrespect each other? We have a friendly rivalry with Shepherd and Cleveland...really our entire district, but those two are the closest. Anyway, a Shepherd fan, whom I have openly had fundamental differences with (she bleeds blue and I bleed red), wished me good luck this week. A Cleveland fan made the statement this week that he hoped we won to bring some respect to our district because to his knowledge, no one in our district had won a state championship in football.

Seems like I'm rambling, but I guess my point is, we want our district's support!

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="bobtex" post="933319" timestamp="1292383361"]
Just a reminder ,Coldspring fans, once you lose the respect of other schools ,you can never get it back! I was hoping Coldspring won State, but after Coldspring's fan comments, I hope you lose and lose big time! Humility is well desired ,by your whole community!!P.S.   Carthage is just the team  that can make you humble!!
[/quote]

Thank You

[quote name="mj22" post="933196" timestamp="1292375899"]
and once again coldspring people are continuing to put down other teams' players while boosting their own. yes, you have a good team, yes you beat huffman...WE KNOW. but there are plenty of HUFFMAN PLAYERS and players from other teams in this district that are AS GOOD AS IF NOT BETTER THAN players from coldspring. congrats to you and your success in the playoffs but do not call out our "MVP's" for their performances, that isn't right.

and just by the way, have you seen the ALL-STATE LIST?
3 HUFFMAN PLAYERS AND 4 COLDSPRINGS PLAYERS received honorable mentions...

but  i didn't happen to see a coldspring wide receiver on the list but riley julian was on there, yettt you say that a huffman player couldn't play any position on your amazing team? same goes with quarterbacks, cole deberry made the list. austin potter did as well.

in all seriousness though, congrats to ALL players who made the list, well deserved!!

[/quote]

Coming in late,I don't really have a lot to comment on this banter , however, Huffman and Coldspring have different philosiphes. I am sure if CS had the q and those receivers they would pass a lot more and i'm sure if Huffman had those rb and ol the would run more. Huff passes all game because that is what they do. CS runs all game because that is what they do.

First off don't take some of the comments that were made by Coldspring fans as disrespect, One thing I have come to realize over the years is they are very proud, supportive and will fight for everything they think there players deserve, and that is what they are doing I don't take it that way (I am from Shepherd and have spent year after year being their biggest Rival).

Second the people of Shepherd wish you all the luck and hope that you bring home a State Championship for your school and the whole district. I too went to the game at SHSU and the people from Coldspring were so thankful that we came to help cheer on their team. They couldn't believe that all the people from different schools in our distric were there to watch them and root for them. So don't judge the whole town cause of a few, there are some really good people there and if the shoe was on the other foot I can bet you they would be there to help cheer on any other school in our district. So again We will be there helping bring a State Championship back to Coldspring.

Third, there are a bunch of good players in this district. Just some teams had more that other teams but that doesn't mean that as indivisuals each player that has been mentioned on this forum isn't as good or better than others, Some players benifit and look better cause of the system they are in and the other kids they play with and then there are those that have to pretty much do it own there own, I am not saying that the players from the better teams are not as good or better it is just the way it is.

[quote name="Trojanfan" post="888210" timestamp="1288121388"]
Cody Cummings,Sherman Gilbert,Taylor Kelly,Matt Wilson,Chance Andries,Trey McKinney,Caleb Shelly and Alfred Scott from Coldspring
[/quote]
From the Coldspring team I would have to put Cooper in the mix. Maybe take Alfred out. Coop has played great all year on d

i appreciate everyone's input and as for the coldsprings fans who have been nothing but nice or quiet, i give you my full support and hope the best for your players and i believe you would do the same if huffman were still in the play-offs. yall are in another bracket than us and i know that my brother and his friends are nothing but proud to have played against yall and be getting a little recongition for our district with coldspring going to the final! hopefully now our district won't be considered so "weak" and our teams will get ranked a little bit earlier in the season, rather than getting this last minute attention as it seems coldsprings is getting.

anyway, congrats to all the players from the district on the all-state list, what an awesome honor and a great way to showcase the talent in district 22-3A! and i hope to see a fair representation on the all-district list, because i agree that just because a player doesn't have the most winning football program, doesn't mean they are not talented and skilled at their position.

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="mj22" post="934356" timestamp="1292533315"]
i appreciate everyone's input and as for the coldsprings fans who have been nothing but nice or quiet, i give you my full support and hope the best for your players and i believe you would do the same if huffman were still in the play-offs. yall are in another bracket than us and i know that my brother and his friends are nothing but proud to have played against yall and be getting a little recongition for our district with coldspring going to the final! hopefully now our district won't be considered so "weak" and our teams will get ranked a little bit earlier in the season, rather than getting this last minute attention as it seems coldsprings is getting.

anyway, congrats to all the players from the district on the all-state list, what an awesome honor and a great way to showcase the talent in district 22-3A! and i hope to see a fair representation on the all-district list, because i agree that just because a player doesn't have the most winning football program, doesn't mean they are not talented and skilled at their position.
[/quote]

Where is your brother going to shool?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83