22-3A All District Picks??

SRP1

[quote name="Go-rilla" post="889494" timestamp="1288274003"]
You have to be a GREAT player to be the MVP and not on the dist champs.. They dont give the super bowl mvp to a losing team player do they??
Bottom line is you always have teams that dont win district whining about why this is the way it is.
Anthony Brooks threw for the most yards in the greater houston area his junior year and got second team AD. I thought that was wrong at the time, but in hindsight I believe that Team achievements should go hand and hand with ind. achievements, and he probably got what he deserved.

[/quote]

I know for a fact our coach voted for Brooks that year. But, I get what youre saying.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PANTHERPLAYA09" post="889503" timestamp="1288274728"]
[quote author=Go-rilla link=topic=74989.msg889494#msg889494 date=1288274003]
You have to be a GREAT player to be the MVP and not on the dist champs.. They dont give the super bowl mvp to a losing team player do they??
Bottom line is you always have teams that dont win district whining about why this is the way it is.
Anthony Brooks threw for the most yards in the greater houston area his junior year and got second team AD. I thought that was wrong at the time, but in hindsight I believe that Team achievements should go hand and hand with ind. achievements, and he probably got what he deserved.

[/quote]

I know for a fact our coach voted for Brooks that year. But, I get what youre saying.
[/quote]

Talked to an old timer (retire coach) last night at the jr. high game and posed the question to him about "x" number of picks for each school.  Said there were no quotas so to speak, but that coaches only nominated players from their team, but couldn't vote for their own players. Don't know if this is common practice for all districts, but makes things seem more fair in my eyes anyway. Thoughts?

[/quote]

Talked to an old timer (retire coach) last night at the jr. high game and posed the question to him about "x" number of picks for each school.  Said there were no quotas so to speak, but that coaches only nominated players from their team, but couldn't vote for their own players. Don't know if this is common practice for all districts, but makes things seem more fair in my eyes anyway. Thoughts?
[/quote]

that's how it is done everywhere. 

[quote name="fisherman45" post="894223" timestamp="1288661188"]
Am i still retarded for posting that darren would get MVP? the numbers dont lie  :)

he also leads his team in tackles. by alot
[/quote]

good arguement to point out that he plays on both sides of the ball. I like that. If I was a voter that would probably make a difference.

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="fisherman45" post="894223" timestamp="1288661188"]
Am i still retarded for posting that darren would get MVP? the numbers dont lie  :)

he also leads his team in tackles. by alot
[/quote]

He is a very good football player and no you are not retarded.

Darrin Edwards is my pick. The most valuable player has to be able to do it all. Looking at the statistics DeBerry definitely has eye popping #'s as does Cummings, but to lead your team in yards, touchdowns, AND tackles! How can you not vouch for this kid, he carried the team on his back against Cleveland with 327 yds, 3 TD's and zero turnovers. Plus a couple 3rd down stops on defense in the backfield

I can make a case for Deberry with 30 + TD's. But not cummings because all coldspring does is run the ball. Their running back(s) don't have to share the load with a passing game for the most part. Edwards from liberty has to share the ball with an upcoming star passing quarterback. andddd defense wins championships so to be able to lead your team on both sides says that he had more than just one good game.

Ur right too. Without edwards liberty would be right along with the bottom teams of this district i believe though. Like i said he's carried the team on his back in district pretty much. Tough Question to answer,,,when it comes down to statistics though, i believe Deberry gets it as mentioned before. All outstanding players definitely

Glbert is the other running back, defensive back, kickoff/punt returner for Coldspring. It might be  hard to consider Sherman because he missed the first 3 games of the year with a broken hand, I don't know if that will be taken into consideration since those were not district games, but he has over 800 yards in 7 games,

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83