Derrick Hall plans to play football for Lamar

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="885687" timestamp="1287877344"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=74891.msg885345#msg885345 date=1287861001]
[quote author=hipster link=topic=74891.msg885093#msg885093 date=1287847764]
Lets hope he is half as good as he thinks he is.  He has done anything in college yet
[/quote]

Well, I hope he thinks he is good and a player who can change the game with one touch of the ball. I like players who have confidence in their abilities.  ;)
[/quote]I like players that let their play on the field do the talking for them!
[/quote]

Did I say anything about letting their play on the field do their talking for them? No, I stated I like players who had confidence in their abilities. I don't like them telling others of their confidence as I think their play should do the talking. But, if you don't have confidence in your ablities you won't be able to preform on the field, the court or any area of athletics.

So, Derrick Hall hasn't produced on the track in HS or the football field in junior college?

Lets' see, in track running a 100-meter time of 10.33, and jumped 6-10 in the high jump being only 5'10 and 24-7 in the long jump doesn't impress you?

Then at Navarro Junior College he rushed for 1,011 yards and 14 touchdowns on 114 attempts which is an[b] 8.86 [/b] yards per carry. He caught 13 passes for 292 yards which was an amazing[b] 22.46 [/b] yards per catch with four TDs as a sophomore. As a freshman, he rushed for 1,211 yards on 158 carries which was an[b] 7.66 [/b] yard per carry and 15 TDs, while catching 14 passes for 300 yards which was an incredible[b] 21.42 [/b] yards per catch and four TDs.

BTW, he did qualify at Tulsa as I've recently learned.  

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="886025" timestamp="1287892325"]
Whats the thought process there? He has so many options.
[/quote]

Not as many as you might think. If he wants to play next year instead of sitting out another season he'll need to go FCS. He can transfer to a FCS school without having to sit out a year. But, if he were to go to a FBS school he must sit out one season to become eligible at that school.

So, if he did that he would lose a year. As you have 5 years to complete 4. At a FBS he would be sitting out this season and next season which is 2 years. So, he'd only have 3 years of eligibility left.

This is college not juco or hs.  you must not have read his quotes in the article where he said he could and would do at lamar and he is not even there yet.  sounds a lot like bevil after the mcneese game where he could not wait for next game to set some more records.  all about his self. lets let this play out then we will see as  we all hope for the best

This is the only quote I've read and personally I don't see anything wrong with what he stated.

“I feel like they need a playmaker, somebody that can take it the distance instead of just being a role player,” Hall said Friday by phone. “I think they need a playmaker. I feel like I can go there and do some things at Lamar, man.[b] I feel I can make them jell as a team[/b].”

I believe he was probably called by the interviewer for the Beaumont Enterprise and asked how he could help the team. What is he suppost to say, "Man, I don't know. I'm not sure I'm good enough to play at a startup program like Lamar. They are putting up some amazing numbers in the run game so I might be at the bottom of the depth chart."

I didn't see him say he was going to break any records, be All-Conference or anything like that. I believe he made a statement of what he actually believes to be true.

You're correct this is college not junior college or high school.

I agree on letting things play out and hope for the best regarding Hall and Jeremy Johnson.

[quote name="hipster" post="886458" timestamp="1287953826"]
How does aaw know that jj will earn 12 hrs when the semester is months from ending?  Plus didnt he miss a week of school here recentl
y?  Publish facts not your guesses!
[/quote]

Maybe I miss spoke on that issue. Jeremy is taking 12 hours this semester at WVU. If he passes his classes, he will have earned 12 hours credit. JJ will finish the fall semester.

He did not miss a week of classes. He came down on a Thursday, the night WVU played on ESPN. Had no classes on Friday.

There, those are the facts, happy now. ::)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="886018" timestamp="1287892142"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=74891.msg885990#msg885990 date=1287891208]
I really really really don't think JJ is going to Lamar...I've been wrong that one time back in '79 though.
[/quote]

You might want to prepare yourself. ;)
[/quote]

He's been wrong so many times that if he got something right it would be like a blind hog finding an acorn!

[quote name="hipster" post="887404" timestamp="1288045647"]
he didnt go to classes while he was up there early?  back in the day you had to take more than 12 hrs to be eligible?
[/quote]

Yes, he went to the second summer session at WVU. I do not know how many hours he took in that summer session.

Anything else? Favorite color? Favorite food? .............. ::)

Next year's team should have Anthony Beard, Derrick Hall and Jeremy Johnson, all Rivals 3-star athletes.  Hopefully Woodard can sign more quality players with the few scholarships left.  I'm already looking forward to next year, but I'm planning to make it down for the last game of the season and watch LU finish the year with a win.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="887486" timestamp="1288049742"]
[quote author=hipster link=topic=74891.msg887404#msg887404 date=1288045647]
he didnt go to classes while he was up there early?  back in the day you had to take more than 12 hrs to be eligible?
[/quote]

Yes, he went to the second summer session at WVU. I do not know how many hours he took in that summer session.

[/quote]aaw, why all the haste?? hipsters just trying to get the facts like everyone else. and everyone knows "you're" the guy with the insight on jj!! but since you asked, what does he like to eat?? oh, and clear this up for me. i heard he (jj) was whining about them not letting him play qb, and that they were trying to make him play rb??

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="887790" timestamp="1288065412"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=74891.msg887486#msg887486 date=1288049742]
[/quote]

[/quote]aaw, why all the haste?? hipsters just trying to get the facts like everyone else. and everyone knows "you're" the guy with the insight on jj!! but since you asked, what does he like to eat?? oh, and clear this up for me. i heard he (jj) was whining about them not letting him play qb, and that they were trying to make him play rb??
[/quote]

Don't know anything about WVU wanting him to play RB. I do find that hard to believe. JJ is no college runningback. WR or DB, yes, but not RB. I guess what you "heard" is along the same lines as me "hearing" that Lumberton HC Creduer is ready to leave Lumberton for another job. I "heard" he was ready to interview. ;)

I believe you and I "heard" wrong.

JJ a runningback, now I "heard" it all. ::)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="887878" timestamp="1288096029"]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=74891.msg887790#msg887790 date=1288065412]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Don't know anything about WVU wanting him to play RB. I do find that hard to believe. JJ is no college runningback. WR or DB, yes, but not RB. I guess what you "heard" is along the same lines as me "hearing" that Lumberton HC Creduer is ready to leave Lumberton for another job. I "heard" he was ready to interview. ;)

I believe you and I "heard" wrong.

JJ a runningback, now I "heard" it all. ::)
[/quote]i was being serious aaw, that is what i heard, guess it was just a false rumor. were u serious about creduer? no, just being an a** for some reason????

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="887790" timestamp="1288065412"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

6'2, 175lbs running back at WVU and you believed that?  :D :D

Thats what jj reported on his facebook.  Now u should know they wanted him in some wildcat plays and he did not want to run only throw.  Strictly an I situation.  All this can be found by searching jeremy johnson football player.  Hope this helps end some of your weak sarcasm aaw.  Not much info out there on derrick though.

[quote name="hipster" post="888349" timestamp="1288134511"]
Thats what jj reported on his facebook.  Now u should know they wanted him in some wildcat plays and he did not want to run only throw.  Strictly an I situation.  All this can be found by searching jeremy johnson football player.  Hope this helps end some of your weak sarcasm aaw.  Not much info out there on derrick though.
[/quote]

Good advice. Let's all take Facebook seriously. ::)

[quote name="puddin tane" post="889245" timestamp="1288228051"]
used to be, kid could go to tech arts and still play football...can a kid go  to LIT and play at Lamar?

[/quote]

Are you serious? No, LIT is a different institution from Lamar. Now, back before Lamar joined the TSUS and they separated the four colleges within the Lamar system a kid could major in one of the programs now offered at LIT because LIT and Lamar were one institution.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="889245" timestamp="1288228051"]
used to be, kid could go to tech arts and still play football...can a kid go  to LIT and play at Lamar?

[/quote]LIT has not been part of the University since 1991.  Of course, that was two years after they dropped football.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="888908" timestamp="1288203066"]
[quote author=hipster link=topic=74891.msg888349#msg888349 date=1288134511]
[/quote]

Good advice. Let's all take Facebook seriously. ::)
[/quote]aaw hipsters totally right read some of the wv papers the facts are there about the wildcat situation.

[quote name="bigred360" post="889560" timestamp="1288279275"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74891.msg889245#msg889245 date=1288228051]
used to be, kid could go to tech arts and still play football...can a kid go  to LIT and play at Lamar?

[/quote]

Are you serious? No, LIT is a different institution from Lamar. Now, back before Lamar joined the TSUS and they separated the four colleges within the Lamar system a kid could major in one of the programs now offered at LIT because LIT and Lamar were one institution.
[/quote]

wouldnt have asked if i wasnt serious..didnt know the extent of connection or disconnet  between LIT & LU------- [u][b]I KNOW THEY USED TO[/b][/u]...thats why i asked

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami