Crosby vs. Goose Creek Memorial Game Thread/Goose Wins/Comments!

WOSgrad

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck of a game!!!!  GCM came to play ball and Flannigan got out-coached.  I'll tell ya, Flannigan is so predictable, he does the same each week and his arrogance gets the best of him.  He waited too long to go to the Merka show tonight.  Very few turnovers (1 each side I think).  GCM's pass defense was stellar tonight.  Great game.....congrats GCM.  BH next week, better get ready.   

[quote name="tappedout" post="884652" timestamp="1287805955"]
Crosby is terrible, if they were in 20-4a they would finish last in our district. I look for Dayton to out score them by at least 50.
[/quote]
Their defense struggles but I cannot see many all around players like Merka, even in 20-4a. Do not know what he will play at TCU but if he breaks it, few teams have the speed to catch him. I see him as a WR there. He was so tired and exhausted and got leveled at the end of the game at came back and played. He was on his back several times.

[quote name="Kenny Powers" post="884565" timestamp="1287804045"]
40-34 I believe..buddy was texting me
[/quote]

41-34 they allowed them to kick the PAT for PTS purposes.

Starting vow of silence now. Hopefully this will light a fire under someones ass. No offense but the COUGS played absolutely pathetic tonight, #1, #22, Merka, and #7 (for the first half) seemed like the only cougars who thought a game was going on.

Wow go from possibly 1-2 in district to 4th by tiebreaker... fucking pathetic. Cougs deserved this loss, i believe the PATS throughly outplayed us.

Everyone knows i luv my cougs but this was embarrassing.

Haven't added up the stats but outside a cpl big plays Crosby got beat start to finish.I picked it as a trap game and it was.Coogs play like terrible Defense and this is my second game to watch it.PNG was the 1st.Kudos to the Pat's for playing w/heart tonight.

Crosby will not win another game this season....The teams that we still have to play have a defense and its pretty obvious we don't...You would think after playing 8 games the receivers would learn how to catch on a weekly basis...I really believe the frosh A team offense could score on the Crosby varsity defense.....

GCM LBs made Merka make a decision and he beat us anyway a few times but we made him earn it by not running upfield and take themselves out of the play in the process. Great adjustment to semi contain a Future D-1 player. I agree their D struggled all night. Our qb stayed within himself tonight and avoided mistakes and made plays when they were there. Great job! Had a great punt return by Simpson as well as a couple of great plays and td at wr. Little roll out throw to FB was there most of the night.

[quote name="tappedout" post="884652" timestamp="1287805955"]
Crosby is terrible, if they were in 20-4a they would finish last in our district. I look for Dayton to out score them by at least 50.
[/quote]

Yeah right.  Give me a break.  3 more weeks and 20-4A gets spanked.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="884681" timestamp="1287806539"]
[quote author=Kenny Powers link=topic=74882.msg884565#msg884565 date=1287804045]
[/quote]

Starting vow of silence now. Hopefully this will light a fire under someones butt. No offense but the COUGS played absolutely pathetic tonight, #1, #22, Merka, and #7 (for the first half) seemed like the only cougars who thought a game was going on.

Wow go from possibly 1-2 in district to 4th by tiebreaker... censored pathetic. Cougs deserved this loss, i believe the PATS throughly outplayed us.

[/quote]

Thats your fine coach for ya there.  He's done it all year long, and does not get his best players involved until it's too late.  He got lucky King flopped in the 2nd haalf and just because he played other bad defenses, did he win after that.  Crosby will lose 2 more now, best hope for som ehelp.

I can't believe GCM has only one win, make that two. They came to play and Crosby, well, is Crosby. As one posted, Flannigan is so predictable. I disagree about him being arrogant, just predictable. It's like he holds back from using Merka in running situations and then lets him loose when nothing else works and then it's Merka or nothing. I can't stand how he puts Merka alone in the backfield, basically telling the opponent "Here I am and you have to stop me." The play calling at the end of the game, which they were lucky to get that score, and then in OT was pathetic. I called the missed extra point to win the game. Not sure if it was the snap, the holder or the kicker, but the ball never got past the line of scrimmage it was kicked so bad. And our defense, I don't know what to say. They have made every team we've played look as if they all have a potent offense. I'm in aggreement, we will not win another game and I hate to say that. Any of you players out there that read this, prove me wrong. But it's gut check time. Hit somebody and catch the football for God's sake.

Lets see in the King game Merka never ran in the 1st half,then Flannigan turns him loose in second half....The Galena Park game he turns him loose the whole game...GCM Merka never ran the ball in 1st half and then turns him loose in the 2nd half...Its almost like Flannigan goes into the games thinking we should win this game so lets not take a chance of getting Merka hurt...I guess it really doesn't matter cause we have to score at least 50 to win any games.....

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="884256" timestamp="1287799772"]
[quote author=cbear4 link=topic=74882.msg884249#msg884249 date=1287799635]
GCM 28 Crosby 13
[/quote]
Did you have that talk with the coach or what? I know theres plenty of time left but........COME ON PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
I think they got the message from several people around. There are a few creeping around on here. Kids respond to positive reinforcement very well. They need to be corrected and coached when mistakes are made. When a player makes a mistake and does not really know how to correct it or makes a bad read, he has to have someone explain what he did wrong. Crosby has the same issues on defense. these guys made the same mistake, over and over with no adjusments. Blows me away! An average "d" and Crosby is probably undefeated.

I think you are right. If we had an average defense we would be right there. And really, if you get down to it, last year our defense in the secondary cost us all year long. Our D line was good and our LB's were real good, but the secondary kept giving up huge plays. I see a common denominator. Two things I see that need drastic improvements in the years to come if we are going to be a main player. The defensive scheme is going to have to improve drastically and the offense is going to have to get more creative and not so predictable..... Damn this is easy sitting in my recliner! I got it all figured out.

[quote name="COUCH TATER" post="885997" timestamp="1287891392"]
I think you are right. If we had an average defense we would be right there. And really, if you get down to it, last year our defense in the secondary cost us all year long. Our D line was good and our LB's were real good, but the secondary kept giving up huge plays. I see a common denominator. Two things I see that need drastic improvements in the years to come if we are going to be a main player. The defensive scheme is going to have to improve drastically and the offense is going to have to get more creative and not so predictable..... dang this is easy sitting in my recliner! I got it all figured out.
[/quote]

good post

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="884681" timestamp="1287806539"]
[quote author=Kenny Powers link=topic=74882.msg884565#msg884565 date=1287804045]
[/quote]

Starting vow of silence now. Hopefully this will light a fire under someones butt. No offense but the COUGS played absolutely pathetic tonight, #1, #22, Merka, and #7 (for the first half) seemed like the only cougars who thought a game was going on.

Wow go from possibly 1-2 in district to 4th by tiebreaker... censored pathetic. Cougs deserved this loss, i believe the PATS throughly outplayed us.

[/quote]

the real winners in the vow of silence will be the SETXsports community...

I'm sure the coaches/kids will know you mean business with this great sacrifice and really button it up for the Dayton game...Above and beyond all of the current problems they're experiencing, the vow of silence might push the cougars over the edge and back into championship form

well played, cougtalk...you show #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8..Merka...#99 who's boss

Hey cougtalk i think you and I should go on a man date sometime?  Maybe we could get a bottle of Strawberry Hill and see where the night takes us.

[quote name="liltex" post="886286" timestamp="1287941126"]
I was out @ this club and the owner said Crosby was gonna stomp a mudhole in Dayton fri.Of course I was at Lyin Larry's ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Oh friend, you were almost a Cleveland Indian that for in yankee land...... ;D ;D  Guess is beats Barrett, woops, I mean Crosby.  ;D

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="886253" timestamp="1287938412"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=74882.msg884681#msg884681 date=1287806539]
[/quote]

[/quote]

the real winners in the vow of silence will be the SETXsports community...

I'm sure the coaches/kids will know you mean business with this great sacrifice and really button it up for the Dayton game...Above and beyond all of the current problems they're experiencing, the vow of silence might push the cougars over the edge and back into championship form

well played, cougtalk...you show #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8..Merka...#99 who's boss

Hey cougtalk i think you and I should go on a man date sometime?  Maybe we could get a bottle of Strawberry Hill and see where the night takes us.

[/quote]

Right... Drinking strawberry wine with a Dayton person... im not a sheep sorry.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami