LC-M vs. PN-G Game Thread/Indians Win/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="884683" timestamp="1287806610"]
[quote author=90PNGNDN link=topic=74896.msg884675#msg884675 date=1287806397]
I honestly think he went for the kill there because our defense did not seem to be able to stop LCM in the 2nd half...and there was no reason to think we couldn't get 1 yard there.  Saying he is a bust is harsh.  We won the game and that's all that matters at this point.  We obviously still have issues on defense.  That said, I probably would have went for the FG there as well.
[/quote]

Maybe a "bust," was harsh, but its ridiculus.  This is what cost yall the game against GP.  (this FG would have been alot shorter too)
[/quote]
Well genius I guess you missed the fact that our fg kicker missed at the same distance as what the GP FG would have been by 5 yds tonight, then missed again 5 yds shorter after offsides. If we get the yard, the game is over. If we miss the FG, they get the ball on the 20. Make it and its still a one possesion game and we kick off into the wind. I go for that yard every time. LCM had not stopped Bertrand all night, so that is the best call. You have a great team, worry about them. I really don't give a crap what you think about Faircloth or PNG.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="884683" timestamp="1287806610"]
I honestly think he went for the kill there because our defense did not seem to be able to stop LCM in the 2nd half...and there was no reason to think we couldn't get 1 yard there.  Saying he is a bust is harsh.  We won the game and that's all that matters at this point.  We obviously still have issues on defense.  That said, I probably would have went for the FG there as well.
[/quote]

Maybe a "bust," was harsh, but its ridiculus.  This is what cost yall the game against GP.  (this FG would have been alot shorter too)
[/quote]

It was 4th and 1    you get the 1 yard and the game is over. There  fg kicker has missed several this season.. This was a great game on both sides of the ball.  Two good teams.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="884791" timestamp="1287808503"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=74879.msg884665#msg884665 date=1287806177]
Faircloth is a bust...(IMO)  He refuses to take the 3 again and it almost cost them again.  Everybody makes mistakes, but you gotta learn from them.  His defense bailed him out this time.  You can say he went 11-1 last year, but that's only one year.  If your getting paid what he does, you have to do better.  He better start making better decissions, or I won't be the only one with this opinion.  
[/quote]

were you at the game

[/quote]

Watched it online.

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="884820" timestamp="1287809237"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=74879.msg884683#msg884683 date=1287806610]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Well genius I guess you missed the fact that our fg kicker missed at the same distance as what the GP FG would have been by 5 yds tonight, then missed again 5 yds shorter after offsides. If we get the yard, the game is over. If we miss the FG, they get the ball on the 20. Make it and its still a one possesion game and we kick off into the wind. I go for that yard every time. LCM had not stopped Bertrand all night, so that is the best call. You have a great team, worry about them. I really don't give a crap what you think about Faircloth or PNG.
[/quote]

I didn't post it to get you or anybody elses praise.  I just stated my opinion.  Your right, it would have been  an 8 point game, but that gives you two chances to make a stop.  It worked out this time, but you've also seen what can happen when you get greedy. (GP game) Your also right about them not stoping the run tonight, but they did when they needed to.  As  suspect as the defense has been this year, they stood tall and kept LCM from capitalizing on that mistake.  Just cuz the kicker missed the kick once, doesn't mean he will every time.  BTW the GP kick would have been indoors, and that usually helps.

Being indoors doesn't make your kicker's leg stronger, he is coming back from ACL injury and doesn't have the same leg as last year. Also, I am pretty confident that Coach Faircloth and his staff know their kicker better than anyone on this board. Even in the NFL they watch the kicker in warmups and know what they are comfortable with distance wise game to game. Your coach made a bad play call on 4th and one in the state championship game, inside the 10 and down by 7 in the 4th quarter. So I guess he is a bust? Fairloth is the reason our offense has been incredible and this is only the 2nd year of these kids running his system...hardly what I would call a bust. Also, while I am ranting...Why do you care how much he makes? Do you pay taxes to the PNGISD all the way in Brenham?

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="884877" timestamp="1287811845"]
Being indoors doesn't make your kicker's leg stronger, he is coming back from ACL injury and doesn't have the same leg as last year. Also, I am pretty confident that Coach Faircloth and his staff know their kicker better than anyone on this board. Even in the NFL they watch the kicker in warmups and know what they are comfortable with distance wise game to game. Your coach made a bad play call on 4th and one in the state championship game, inside the 10 and down by 7 in the 4th quarter. So I guess he is a bust? Fairloth is the reason our offense has been incredible and this is only the 2nd year of these kids running his system...hardly what I would call a bust. Also, while I am ranting...Why do you care how much he makes? Do you pay taxes to the PNGISD all the way in Brenham?
[/quote]

No, but I do state my opinion from Brenham.  No taxes needed... 

Guest Cangus07
I agree with you that Coach West is proven, but is 2 years really enough to consider a coach a "bust?" Pretty harsh. He doesn't only change the face of football, but he also has a hand in changing our community for the better. NOT a bust.

I saw PNG last week against Ozen and their secondary was much tougher tonight that I thought they could be.  I thought one of the biggest keys to the game was that PNG's corner (#6) did a great job of holding Zack Sonnier (IMO the best receiver in the district) in check almost all night.  Don't have a name, but nice job kid.
 The biggest turning points in the game are when LCM has no time outs left and the clock runs out at the 1st half when they are stopped at the 1 yard line and then again when PNG stops LCM on the first possesion of the 2nd half.  
This was an opportunity for LCM to seperate themselves from the pack, but it just didn't happen.    

[quote name="Cangus07" post="884900" timestamp="1287813293"]
I agree with you that Coach West is proven, but is 2 years really enough to consider a coach a "bust?" Pretty harsh. He doesn't only change the face of football, but he also has a hand in changing our community for the better. NOT a bust.
[/quote]

That's why I went back and agreed that was too harsh of a word.  Poor choice of words, but I still think it was a bad call.

Brenham fan..my point was that it is none of your business what we pay our coach. Also, I was being sarcastic. Of course West is a good coach. You can't judge a coach by a call or two. Crouch has turned LCM around, but he screwed up right  before the half by throwing short of the endzone with no timeouts left. That doesn't make him a bust.

Guest Cangus07
[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="884907" timestamp="1287813736"]
[quote author=Cangus07 link=topic=74879.msg884900#msg884900 date=1287813293]
[/quote]

That's why I went back and agreed that was too harsh of a word.  Poor choice of words, but I still think it was a bad call.
[/quote]

I can agree with that. We've had too many situations like that this year, the boys just stepped up this time. (with a sprinkle of luck)

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="884913" timestamp="1287813872"]
Brenham fan..my point was that it is none of your business what we pay our coach. Also, I was being sarcastic. Of course West is a good coach. You can't judge a coach by a call or two. Crouch has turned LCM around, but he screwed up right  before the half by throwing short of the endzone with no timeouts left. That doesn't make him a bust.
[/quote]

Read my last post.

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="884922" timestamp="1287814364"]
Whatever. I am done with you. You have a great team, I don't know why you insist on always being negative towards PNG. Enjoy your team and let us worry about ours.
[/quote]

Thank you.  If I didnt think PNG was good, I wouldn't watch them.  I enjoy hs football, and PNG and their fan support is very impressive, as I have said before.  Good luck the rest of the year, hope you guys get a playoff spot. 

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="884907" timestamp="1287813736"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey next time you come down here for a game give me a shout we could meet up some were and talk some football.,

[quote name="NDN79" post="884964" timestamp="1287832277"]
Slam14--Sonnier is a good receiver, but he isn't the best in 20-4a. IMHO Jace Nelson or Amir Jalali are ahead of him. They consistently make big catches at key times in the game!
[/quote]

I have to agree on Jayce Nelson.  That kid has some great hands and can make the BIG plays.  I'm amazed at Jayce's agility on the field.

[quote name="Slam14" post="884903" timestamp="1287813420"]
I saw PNG last week against Ozen and their secondary was much tougher tonight that I thought they could be.  I thought one of the biggest keys to the game was that PNG's corner [b](#6)[/b] did a great job of holding Zack Sonnier (IMO the best receiver in the district) in check almost all night. [b] Don't have a name, but nice job kid.[/b]
 The biggest turning points in the game are when LCM has no time outs left and the clock runs out at the 1st half when they are stopped at the 1 yard line and then again when PNG stops LCM on the first possesion of the 2nd half.  
This was an opportunity for LCM to seperate themselves from the pack, but it just didn't happen.    
[/quote]

Hunter Knox is his name.  Great kid and athlete.

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="885074" timestamp="1287846335"]
[quote author=Slam14 link=topic=74879.msg884903#msg884903 date=1287813420]
I saw PNG last week against Ozen and their secondary was much tougher tonight that I thought they could be.  I thought one of the biggest keys to the game was that PNG's corner [b](#6)[/b] did a great job of holding Zack Sonnier (IMO the best receiver in the district) in check almost all night. [b] Don't have a name, but nice job kid.[/b]
[/quote]

Hunter Knox is his name.  Great kid and athlete.
[/quote]

And he got hurt last night (ankle)  I hope he's ok.  A good athlete.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="884989" timestamp="1287838748"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=74879.msg884907#msg884907 date=1287813736]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey next time you come down here for a game give me a shout we could meet up some were and talk some football.,
[/quote]

Will do.  I might try to make the Central game, since ours is on a Thursday that week.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476