Burkeville vs. Katy Faith West Game Thread/KFW Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

Evadale is a great football team with some great kids, but so are Burkeville, Sabine Pass, and High Island. Its going to be hard in a 4 team district to have 4 teams every year on the same caliber, especially in 1A football. These kids have worked hard all year and deserve a chance to play on. This year Evadale is in a league of their own, and its hard for any 1A program from this area to compete but how do you know next year or 5 years from now Burkeville or Sabine Pass wont dominate? Will your feelings change then???

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
Evadale is truly the class of the district..hands down. They are well coached and very prepared every game. When they get beat in th playoffs it is usually because they are out-athleted. The sad thing about Evadale is that a few people ruin it for the whole town and in turn it gives Evadale a very very bad reputation. It is unfair because there are many good people there..but these bad apples are spoiling everything. I would say to the bad apples.....if you care about your town and the kids who are there...then at least try. Otherwise, your glory will be just that..yours alone. Good luck rebels in the playoffs.

[quote name="Burkeville Chronicle" post="886386" timestamp="1287948145"]
Evadale is truly the class of the district..hands down. They are well coached and very prepared every game. When they get beat in th playoffs it is usually because they are out-athleted. The sad thing about Evadale is that a few people ruin it for the whole town and in turn it gives Evadale a very very bad reputation. It is unfair because there are many good people there..but these bad apples are spoiling everything. I would say to the bad apples.....if you care about your town and the kids who are there...then at least try. Otherwise, your glory will be just that..yours alone. Good luck rebels in the playoffs.
[/quote]

Do the Mustangs have 1 or 2 state trophies...I can't remember.. ???

[quote name="True Blue" post="886197" timestamp="1287932417"]
I am not blaming Evadales playoff record on a weak dist. just saying that they have not had to play in a game that has made them give 100% for 4 qrs. And the first time that has happen has been in the playoffs and they have not answered that call yet. But the fact that the UIL has watered down the playoffs is just like giving ever kid that playes little leauge a trophy no matter if they won or not. [b]Life is not always fair, and sometimes you dont all win[/b], [b]there are losers sometimes, but life goes on[/b]. If you think that by posting all there scores on a sports post is puting down team you need to move to a sunday school class post.. They may play soft there...
[/quote]

Life nots always fair, so is that why you pulled your kid out of Evadale, then E.C., then H.J. and sent him back to Evadale.  And by the way it's Their scores not There scores. Unless they have already got there scores there. ;D

Mustangs won state in 1986 and 2001.....they lost the state game in 2000. They also have won state in some manner in track 9 times since 1990. It is only a matter of time before Burkeville is back on top again..until then, go Rebels..I know that you will represent the district well in the playoffs and also have a great chance to win state in baseball. All of us in the North country are pulling for you even though some in Evadale bad mouth us. We are use to it by now.

[quote name="Burkeville Chronicle" post="886432" timestamp="1287951954"]
Mustangs won state in 1986 and 2001.....they lost the state game in 2000. They also have won state in some manner in track 9 times since 1990. It is only a matter of time before Burkeville is back on top again..until then, go Rebels..I know that you will represent the district well in the playoffs and also have a great chance to win state in baseball. All of us in the North country are pulling for you even though some in Evadale bad mouth us. We are use to it by now.
[/quote]

I know that's why I asked.... ;)

[quote name="Shackum" post="886216" timestamp="1287934630"]
How many pre-distict games does Evadale schedule???? Gee, that wouldn't give them a chance to play some pretty competitive teams would it? I respect the Evadale coaching staff and I think they do a great job, without your help.
And so..according to you we should just tell our kids to stay home and not Play??? Now that is the best wrong answer I've ever heard!
We elect not to post negative comments targeting kids because hopefully we have at least LEARNED something in Sunday School.
[/quote]Evadale scheduled 2 2a schools and a team form the large 1a that made the playoffs last year. And I never said that your kids should not play. I just said that after the dist. play and they only win 1 game that they should get in the gym. How would you fell if you take a team to the football playoffs and you get one of your star Basketball players hurt. What a waste that would be.. I hear that you have a good chance to go far in the BB playoffs. Taking a team to the playoffs with that record is just a waste of tax payers money. And I said early that if and when Evadale has that record I will fell the same. I am not putting down any kid or program. I am saying that the UIL got this one wrong.  And if I wonted to hear someone preach I would be in sunday school, but I am on a sports site. And I would like for anyone to show me were I have ever attacked anyone from Burkeville or High Island.... But Looks like someone from there([color=red] 1880)[/color] Is attacking me and my son at will....

...so its a waste to try and win in the playoffs because your ready for basketball? Why even play football then....sounds like to me that your a basketball fan who is ready for football to get over. Your team has a chance to go far in football....why even mention basketball at this juncture???? Amazing.

[quote name="Burkeville Chronicle" post="886525" timestamp="1287958310"]
...so its a waste to try and win in the playoffs because your ready for basketball? Why even play football then....sounds like to me that your a basketball fan who is ready for football to get over. Your team has a chance to go far in football....why even mention basketball at this juncture???? Amazing.
[/quote] I am saying it a waste to go to the playoffs with 3 teams in a 4 team dist. And you are right MY team Does have a good chance to go far in the football playoffs, But yours does not...  Just not this year, maybe next year.... [b]You[/b] should get ready for Basketball....

[quote name="True Blue" post="885048" timestamp="1287844592"]
With the price of fuel today, [b]why would Burkeville and High Island waste money on going to a playoff [/b] [b]game??? [/b] Just get ready to play basketball
[/quote]

I think this was a attack on the two schools

[quote name="True Blue" post="886538" timestamp="1287959181"]
[quote author=Burkeville Chronicle link=topic=74863.msg886525#msg886525 date=1287958310]
[/quote] I am saying it a waste to go to the playoffs with 3 teams in a 4 team dist. And you are right [b]MY team Does have a good chance to go far in the football playoffs, But yours does not[/b]...   Just not this year, maybe next year.... [b]You[/b] should get ready for Basketball....
[/quote]

And another one.

maybe a great PAST record in football? LOL ok we do have a great past pass record too...but only if we didn't run the wishbone...lmao....and we started with 5 teams in the district until Chester went to six man...so bash Chester instead of every other team in our district. I hope we go STRIGHT to the playoffs..hehe.......basketball here we come!!

I wish everone in our area the best of luck in all the playoff games, I just think that putting so many teams in the playoffs just makes it a little water down.. I know that ever team has its up on down years, and when Evadale goes back down I promise I will have the same opinion :D

The folks on here that let Blue get you riled up are just as goofy as he is.  I keep hearing that it's a shame that one person ruins it for the whole town.  Well that's just plain ole stupid!  If you let me or any other goofy poster on here influence your opinion of someone else from ANY town, your just as shallow.  Everyone has a town yell-er, a guy that pokes everyone else, rubs em the wrong way or whatever....well, Blue is ours.  For example, should we all dislike Hull Daisetta because HD 55 is rough around the edges with his posts?  I say NO.  HD 55, True Blue and countless others just state their opinion and often times hit the nail square on the head but are totally politically incorrect in their delivery... So what!

If you think Evadale is full of jerks because of a POSTER, you didn't like us anyway....who cares!  If you chew on this a little before you fire back at me, I believe deep down, you'll agree.

Peace Out ,  I love you all...

[quote name="whambulance" post="886671" timestamp="1287971502"]
The folks on here that let Blue get you riled up are just as goofy as he is.  I keep hearing that it's a shame that one person ruins it for the whole town.  Well that's just plain ole stupid!  If you let me or any other goofy poster on here influence your opinion of someone else from ANY town, your just as shallow.  Everyone has a town yell-er, a guy that pokes everyone else, rubs em the wrong way or whatever....well, Blue is ours.  For example, should we all dislike Hull Daisetta because HD 55 is rough around the edges with his posts?  I say NO.  HD 55, True Blue and countless others just state their opinion and often times hit the nail square on the head but are totally politically incorrect in their delivery... So what!

If you think Evadale is full of jerks because of a POSTER, you didn't like us anyway....who cares!  If you chew on this a little before you fire back at me, I believe deep down, you'll agree.

Peace Out ,  I love you all...

[/quote]I am not on here trying to make friends or run for office.. This is all JMO and if I upset anyone just dont read it. And I only post what a lot of people think but or just to nice to say.

TrueBlue..you are certainly entitled to your opinions..although I find it strange that even those in your own town call you "goofy" (their words not mine).....once again good luck to all of the district in the playoffs, whether you dominated or backed into it.....we all play to get to the dance (playoffs) anyways. Maybe one of us will kiss the girl at the end!!!!

If ( goofy) Is the worst that I get called that is a good day.. Everyone in Evadale knows who I am And they also know that I have no prob. tell anyone face to face what my opinion is.I always try to shoot straight and call it like I see it. Sorry some fokes cant handle it that way.  I have never tryed to hide who I am. But like I said I wish all the schools luck in the playoffs and hope that no one gets hurt. The schools are not to blame for the way the playoff are set it is the UIL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124