Burkeville vs. Katy Faith West Game Thread/KFW Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

Cant feel bad about losing to KFW.  They are a very good football team.  Just start practice this week and get ready for the playoffs.  You will be surprised how competitive Burkville will be with schools their own size.  My son played in district with you guys last year and he now plays against KFW and Cypress, the team playing Evadale next week.  These teams are very good.  Would be able to compete in 2A easily.  Keep your head up and play hard. Good things will happen.
Good Luck to everyone in Burkeville

[quote name="True Blue" post="885048" timestamp="1287844592"]
With the price of fuel today, why would Burkeville and High Island waste money on going to a playoff game??? Just get ready to play basketball
[/quote]

Because they work to earn it and should be able to go if they deserve it.  Same could be asked of your beloved Rebels, yet it seems that you are the only one from Evadale that has a negative opinion about everything.  But I forget that your the one who has transplanted your son to three different schools in the past year, why waste your money on fuel with the prices today?

[quote name="1880" post="885175" timestamp="1287851791"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=74863.msg885048#msg885048 date=1287844592]
With the price of fuel today, why would Burkeville and High Island waste money on going to a playoff game??? Just get ready to play basketball
[/quote]

Because they work to earn it and should be able to go if they deserve it.  Same could be asked of your beloved Rebels, yet it seems that you are the only one from Evadale that has a negative opinion about everything.  But I forget that your the one who has transplanted your son to three different schools in the past year, why waste your money on fuel with the prices today?
[/quote]
Got him :D
Burkeville did not want to have 2 weeks off before the last district game so they found a game to prepare them for playoffs. The game didnt matter anyway. Just a test. But the quarterback was good but didnt do much, the runningbacks were way better than him!! As for #94 he had maybe 5 tackles the whole game.

[quote name="Sportz-Fanatic" post="885192" timestamp="1287853084"]
[quote author=1880 link=topic=74863.msg885175#msg885175 date=1287851791]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Got him :D
Burkeville did not want to have 2 weeks off before the last district game so they found a game to prepare them for playoffs.[b] The game didnt matter anyway. Just a test.[/b] But the quarterback was good but didnt do much, the runningbacks were way better than him!! As for #94 he had maybe 5 tackles the whole game.
[/quote]Well looks like a test they failed.

[quote name="1880" post="885175" timestamp="1287851791"]
[/quote]

[b]Because they work to earn[/b] it and should be able to go if they deserve it.  Same could be asked of your beloved Rebels, yet it seems that you are the only one from Evadale that has a negative opinion about everything.  But I forget that your the one who has transplanted your son to three different schools in the past year, why waste your money on fuel with the prices today?
[/quote] How do you get that they worked and earned it Burkeville will be 5 and 3 with 2 wins comming against Legacy, and High Island will be 4 and 5 with only 1 dist win :( Come on there is no way anyone earned anything.. As far as me moving if it helps him get to the next level I will move 3 more this year, but the money I am spending is mine not everone else in the school dist. And As for my Evadale Rebs they will be 9 and 0 going into the playoffs. That is earning it......Just wish you all better luck in Basketball....

We will see how good Evadale is this week.  They will finally play someone and they better be ready to play.  Because Cypress beat KFW like a bunch of red headed step children.  They are big, fast and come to play with 50 on the sidelines. It will be a very good game. I hope Evadale wins, but it will be the best test for them this year before the playoffs.

[quote name="eaba26" post="885884" timestamp="1287887623"]
We will see how good Evadale is this week.  They will finally play someone and they better be ready to play.  Because Cypress beat KFW like a bunch of red headed step children.  They are big, fast and come to play with 50 on the sidelines. It will be a very good game. I hope Evadale wins, but it will be the best test for them this year before the playoffs.
[/quote]I really hope you are right ,because they need to play someone that can play before the first game of the playoffs. The week Dist. has killed them for 3 years now. They play these powerpuff games all year , and the first team they face, that can play is the first game of the playoffs. I would like to see them realy get behind early and have to put it all no the line for 4 qrs. and see if they really wont to play football. I am, as other people tired of getting wiped in the first round. I know that they have the talent to play good ball, but dont wont to see them waste it. Right now this group of boys are 17 and 1, But that 1 was a blow out in the first round last year. They could go 19 and 2 for 2 years but if both of their loses are in the first round of the playoffs I know that they will be disappointed...

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
If that is the case True Blue, then why are you downing Burkeville for doing the same thing? I am starting to think that you just like to talk and make your town look bad..which is a shame because your town has lots of good folks in it. Everyone here in Bkv wishes the Rebels luck but why do you constantly bad mouth us and try to put us down? Is there  another reason why you bad mouth us other than than you hate us in sports? Maybe something personal? It makes it very hard to cheer for Evadale when the playoffs get here. But I think I am doing exactly what you want which is to stir the pot..so I wont comment on this anymore. Good luck Rebels and Mustangs...go get em Boys!

If you think that any team that gets beat 46 to 6 ,42 to 12, 39 to6  or 56 to 00, 46 to 6 , 61 to 8, 38 to 8, all in the same season, deserve to go to the play offs you know nothing about football. I am not putting down Burkeville or High Island, but no one in there right mine would say that any team with those records should go to any playoff. With the 3 team set up the UIL has done nothing but water down the playoffs. It makes money for them but cost the tax payers. If Evadale had those records I would be the first one on here saying lets get ready to play basketball, just keeping it real, there is already enough powerpuff games during the year, they dont need to play one in the playoffs.

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
..with that being said TrueBlue, I will go back to what I have heard many Evadale posters say (and I agree)..you cant choose the district that your in. Instead of putting down those schools on a public forum, why not encourage the district to do well in the playoffs. Your opinions are your opinions however. Just remember TrueBlue..all glory is fleeting!

Come on True Blue??? Blaming Evadales playoff record on the [i]district[/i] is week and petty. And you spell it weak anyways!
Best of luck to the Rebels in playoffs. I think that all of us in this district stand behind you and want very much to see you do well and represent our district.

[quote name="Burkeville Chronicle" post="886167" timestamp="1287928705"]
..with that being said TrueBlue, I will go back to what I have heard many Evadale posters say (and I agree)..you cant choose the district that your in. Instead of putting down those schools on a public forum, why not encourage the district to do well in the playoffs. Your opinions are your opinions however. Just remember TrueBlue..all glory is fleeting!
[/quote]

I agree with you on that one.  But when kids do their best (which may not be up to other standards) you don't fault them.  Support them, watered down or not the UIL set these things up and thats that.

[quote name="True Blue" post="885417" timestamp="1287863728"]
[/quote]

[b]Because they work to earn[/b] it and should be able to go if they deserve it.  Same could be asked of your beloved Rebels, yet it seems that you are the only one from Evadale that has a negative opinion about everything.  But I forget that your the one who has transplanted your son to three different schools in the past year, why waste your money on fuel with the prices today?
[/quote] How do you get that they worked and earned it Burkeville will be 5 and 3 with 2 wins comming against Legacy, and High Island will be 4 and 5 with only 1 dist win :( Come on there is no way anyone earned anything.. As far as me moving if it helps him get to the next level I will move 3 more this year, but the money I am spending is mine not everone else in the school dist. And As for my Evadale Rebs they will be 9 and 0 going into the playoffs. That is earning it......Just wish you all better luck in Basketball....
[/quote]

Did these kids not go through two-a-days like everyone else?  Did they not line up on Friday nights and play games like everyone else?  Way I see it they did and if they earn a playoff spot then they should get to play it and enjoy the experience just like everyone else in the state who made it.  Would you feel that way if Evadale was 5 - 3 or 4 - 5 making the playoffs.  Basically just let the kids enjoy the moment!  And it's everyone not everone

[quote name="True Blue" post="885417" timestamp="1287863728"]
[/quote]

[/quote]sounds like a move for athletics wonder if thats legal

I am not blaming Evadales playoff record on a weak dist. just saying that they have not had to play in a game that has made them give 100% for 4 qrs. And the first time that has happen has been in the playoffs and they have not answered that call yet. But the fact that the UIL has watered down the playoffs is just like giving ever kid that playes little leauge a trophy no matter if they won or not. Life is not always fair, and sometimes you dont all win, there are losers sometimes, but life goes on. If you think that by posting all there scores on a sports post is puting down team you need to move to a sunday school class post.. They may play soft there...

How many pre-distict games does Evadale schedule???? Gee, that wouldn't give them a chance to play some pretty competitive teams would it? I respect the Evadale coaching staff and I think they do a great job, without your help.
And so..according to you we should just tell our kids to stay home and not Play??? Now that is the best wrong answer I've ever heard!
We elect not to post negative comments targeting kids because hopefully we have at least LEARNED something in Sunday School.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124