Kountze no Diversity!

cake

I was at the Kountze vs Buna game last Friday and made an observation, Kountze had better Athletes than Buna not by much but kid for kid Kountze more Athletic kids.  I know what kind of response this is going to bring (well how come the scoreboard didn't show it) and so on.  But i really think if Kountze would try some more of thier speed and not just run Howard (Earl Campbell) are throw to one reciever they might back some folks off.  I think maybe just maybe if they were a little more diverse things could be different.

This thread is going to get ugly quickly. Kountze's issues are so much more than the play calling. Look at it this way. Kountze is a onion and there are a lot of layers to peel off before the Lions will have a winning season, and if the layers are not peeled back the onion will sit there and rot, or you can peel the onion and who knows.

[quote name="Justafan1" post="879543" timestamp="1287417959"]
This thread is going to get ugly quickly. Kountze's issues are so much more than the play calling. Look at it this way. Kountze is a onion and there are a lot of layers to peel off before the Lions will have a winning season, and if the layers are not peeled back the onion will sit there and rot, or you can peel the onion and who knows.
[/quote]
Now i'm hungry..

Guest ECBucFan
[/quote]

Good analogy. I feel bad for the kids at Kountze who want to play winning football, but have to be in a program given low priority (or outright disrespect) due to the basketball obsession. They need to reprioritize badly. 

[/quote]i need a whopper with onions now.  :D

[quote name="Scooter!" post="879640" timestamp="1287422088"]
[quote author=Justafan1 link=topic=74634.msg879543#msg879543 date=1287417959]
[/quote]
That should be a crow burger after Friday ;D Right SGT

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="879649" timestamp="1287422576"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=74634.msg879640#msg879640 date=1287422088]
[/quote]
[/quote]butches  >:( :D

[quote name="Scooter!" post="879653" timestamp="1287422657"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=74634.msg879649#msg879649 date=1287422576]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=74634.msg879640#msg879640 date=1287422088]
[/quote]
[/quote]butches  >:( :D
[/quote]I'll get you a Butch Burger with extra onions.. :P

Guest Skinitback
Anytime a school like Kountze has someone other than the head football coach as the AD you rarely win in football at the smaller levels.  Basketball is king in Kountze .  ITs easier to shoot and scrimmage in an airconditioned gym opposed to coming out and practicing in the heat of 2 a days,getting hit,etc.  I think thats why the ATHLETES that play b-ball in kountze probably don't play football and if they do,they are just going through the motions until b-ball season.  Change how you wants things to operate and you will change the mindset of the kids. just an opinion.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Skinitback" post="880374" timestamp="1287464826"]
Anytime a school like Kountze has someone other than the head football coach as the AD you rarely win in football at the smaller levels.  Basketball is king in Kountze .  ITs easier to shoot and scrimmage in an airconditioned gym opposed to coming out and practicing in the heat of 2 a days,getting hit,etc.  I think thats why the ATHLETES that play b-ball in kountze probably don't play football and if they do,they are just going through the motions until b-ball season.  Change how you wants things to operate and you will change the mindset of the kids. just an opinion.
[/quote]

You are "right on" with this post and the problem is not just at Kountze. Have you notice that many 3A schools and down cannot field 3 teams anymore.(9th, JV and Varsity) Kountze had very good football teams back in the 70's.

This is all true when you have the A.D. riding around on his John Deere rather than contributing to the teams success, other than wrapping some ankles you need someone in there that the kids RESPECT and would follow anywhere and do anything for. If you don't believe that look at those teams of late and how they were coached.  Also look at that the previous basketball coaches they've earned the kids respect and lets count how many B-ball tropheys they have.

When I played back in 97-99, the majority, if not all of the basketball players were on the football team and contributed GREATLY. Now that I look back, the problem wasn't the players, it's the lack of coaching that's on the sidelines. We had some horses on those teams. In fact, we were 3A at the time and won the district in basketball AND track one of those years I do believe.

If I knew then, what I know now, we could have easily fielded some respectable teams.

This is all true when you have the A.D. riding around on his John Deere rather than contributing to the teams success, other than wrapping some ankles you need someone in there that the kids RESPECT and would follow anywhere and do anything for. If you don't believe that look at those teams of late and how they were coached.  Also look at that the previous basketball coaches they've earned the kids respect and lets count how many B-ball tropheys they have.

WOW

Guest bleed orange
To me we need the old school way of coaching back. Sorry to say but that style is gone. Parents will not let that happen. Why do you think Curtis Barbay was so successful? Yes, he had athlete's but he did things the "Old School" way. He told me that himself. School districts are like corporate America now, They are happy with drawing a paycheck.  The passion for some coaches are gone. Can't blame them because evertime they turn around some parent is up their ass complaining.  Coaches are born not made. I was fortunate to play for a coach that was born. 

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="879624" timestamp="1287421501"]
[/quote]

Good analogy. I feel bad for the kids at Kountze who want to play winning football, but have to be in a program given low priority (or outright disrespect) due to the basketball obsession. They need to reprioritize badly. 
[/quote]Why?  How many football state championships do they have?

[quote name="bleed orange" post="880690" timestamp="1287508777"]
[quote author=Skinitback link=topic=74634.msg880374#msg880374 date=1287464826]
[/quote]

You are "right on" with this post and the problem is not just at Kountze. Have you notice that many 3A schools and down cannot field 3 teams anymore.(9th, JV and Varsity) Kountze had very good football teams back in the 70's.
[/quote]
The biggest reason most smaller schools have problems fielding teams n all the grade levels is pretty simple. Now days you year round baseball, basketball and soccer in the private leagues and the kids are spending more of their time specializing in one sport rather than participating in several. Although I like to watch soccer, I blame that sport the most as they were the ones who seemed to take the game into nearly year round leagues first.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="whsalum" post="881298" timestamp="1287542799"]
You could put the football coach as AD and take the kids out of the gym and get mediocre real quick in both sports.
[/quote]

Well, at EC, I don't think you can apply the "mediocre" label to football or basketball.  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder