Central vs. Vidor Predictions?

[quote name="Pirate for Life!" post="878026" timestamp="1287290816"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=74531.msg877257#msg877257 date=1287263061]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=74531.msg877194#msg877194 date=1287259694]
Phantom scoreboard wins  :D
[/quote] :o :o  No comment  :-X :-X
[/quote]We have been close the last few years and this is going to be the one! We have a young team but they are getting better every game! [b]Hopefully the jags will come in here expecting to walk past us and get a surprise! Come on Pirates!!!! [/b] Hope to see you there Soul Man!
[/quote]

Sorry, but after last night, Im sure Central is done looking pass teams, just because of their record..

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="D3zii" post="878076" timestamp="1287295262"]
[quote author=Pirate for Life! link=topic=74531.msg878026#msg878026 date=1287290816]
[/quote]We have been close the last few years and this is going to be the one! We have a young team but they are getting better every game! [b]Hopefully the jags will come in here expecting to walk past us and get a surprise! Come on Pirates!!!! [/b] Hope to see you there Soul Man!
[/quote]

Sorry, but after last night, Im sure Central is done looking pass teams, just because of their record..
[/quote]Oh yeah, Ozen's the only opponent we handled easily. Vidor won't be taken lightly, we did that last year, and we all know what happened. Both teams were fighting for their life. :D

Guest pirate_mom2012
[quote name="vidorSDMF" post="877756" timestamp="1287282710"]
[quote author=GGilbert 7 2010 link=topic=74531.msg877538#msg877538 date=1287275649]
well i dont care where they are playing this game in vidor, rose city, pine forest it doesnt matter central is the only team in the district that has a decent defense central wins easy by 21
[/quote]
well gilbert, i dont care where you are vidor, rose city, pine forest, bmont, mexico, canada, ect i just wish you would quit bashing vidor. and please please please show up to a vidor home game and announce your presence. find another team to bash. please?
[/quote]
Canada sounds good to me, the further away the better.  And from someone who does know the Vidor QB well, Gilbert, you really need to get a brain transplant (obviously you were not born with a working one!) and stop bashing this fine young man who's already more of a real man than you'll ever be.    But I don't want you showing up to any of our home games, yours is not the attitude we want there.  Besides, if you reveal your identity in our stadium, you may be the one the ambulance is taking away.  Our quarterback has quite a few people who care about him and would love to put you in your place, and this Pirate mom is one of them!  No, he's not my son, but I've known him a long time and know he doesn't deserve your bashing of him, so back off!

[quote name="GGilbert 7 2010" post="877538" timestamp="1287275649"]
well i dont care where they are playing this game in vidor, rose city, pine forest it doesnt matter central is the only team in the district that has a decent defense central wins easy by 21
[/quote]I for one don't care what we win by, as long as we win. Those prediction aren't worth squat. I'm just hoping we win the game and both teams display class friday night.

[quote name="bcjag10" post="878157" timestamp="1287325661"]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=74531.msg878076#msg878076 date=1287295262]
[quote author=Pirate for Life! link=topic=74531.msg878026#msg878026 date=1287290816]
[/quote]

[/quote]Oh yeah, Ozen's the only opponent we handled easily. Vidor won't be taken lightly, we did that last year, and we all know what happened. Both teams were fighting for their life. :D
[/quote]

what a game that was last year.....best game in 204A. and i love how after the game, both teams mix and pray.  both teams have lots of class.

last year after shaking hands on the 50, we had our heads down most of us were very sad, the jags were telling us to keep our heads up because we were a great team and they told us "see yall in the playoffs..." i have great respect for Central!

Class is always displayed in our district.  I remember after the PN-G loss last year, The first thing Coach Faircloth did after the final buzzer was to come over and congradulate a Jacoby Hale that was collapsed in disbelief and offer him kind words.  That will stick with this Jag for for many years to come..

I am with you on that one vidorSDMF...what a game it was.  Can't wait for Friday night, will be a close game so come ready to stand the entire game.  Last year I don't think anyone sat the whole 4th quarter-2 OT's.

Let's go Pirates...YOU ARE STILL IN THE HUNT FOR THAT PLAYOFF SPOT!!!   A lot of people never expected us to be where we are.  You have what it takes to make it in, just believe in yourselves and make it happen.  Never give up!  Never let anything get you down!  Always raise your expectations from week to week!  WE ARE THE TEAM TO BEAT...LET'S GO GET 'EM!!!

Having seen both teams play LC-M, they are big, fast, and physical. Vidor does not have the overall team speed of the Jags, but they are not slow by any means. Vidor will have a harder time running the ball on the Jag defense because they are so quick, but I feel they will move the ball. If Vidor can play error free football, this one will get very interesting....Plus playing at home, the Pirates feel like they can't be beat. The only prediction that I feel could be made about this game is it's going to be a very good one. Good luck to both sides, have a great hard fought ballgame with no injuries. And yes, both teams have a lot of class!

[quote name="Lady Pirate" post="878282" timestamp="1287334163"]
I am with you on that one vidorSDMF...what a game it was.  Can't wait for Friday night, will be a close game so come ready to stand the entire game.  Last year I don't think anyone sat the whole 4th quarter-2 OT's.

Let's go Pirates...YOU ARE STILL IN THE HUNT FOR THAT PLAYOFF SPOT!!!   A lot of people never expected us to be where we are.  You have what it takes to make it in, just believe in yourselves and make it happen.  Never give up!  Never let anything get you down!  Always raise your expectations from week to week!  WE ARE THE TEAM TO BEAT...LET'S GO GET 'EM!!!
[/quote]I don't think 'the team to beat', but whatever.. ;D

[quote name="LB76" post="878284" timestamp="1287334334"]
Having seen both teams play LC-M, they are big, fast, and physical. Vidor does not have the overall team speed of the Jags, but they are not slow by any means. Vidor will have a harder time running the ball on the Jag defense because they are so quick, but I feel they will move the ball. If Vidor can play error free football, this one will get very interesting....Plus playing at home, the Pirates feel like they can't be beat. The only prediction that I feel could be made about this game is it's going to be a very good one. Good luck to both sides, have a great hard fought ballgame with no injuries. And yes, both teams have a lot of class!

[/quote]We bring a little more to the table that just speed. 

Yes, Soulja, you do bring more than speed, but your team speed is what impressed me against the Bears. The Jag defense is stout, their passing game is good, they run the ball very well, but the speed KILLS. Vidor will have their hands full Friday night, but I feel like they will not go away......

[quote name="LB76" post="878305" timestamp="1287335780"]
Yes, Soulja, you do bring more than speed, but your team speed is what impressed me against the Bears. The Jag defense is stout, their passing game is good, they run the ball very well, but the speed KILLS. Vidor will have their hands full Friday night, but I feel like they will not go away......
[/quote]
They wont, trust me. Vidor always plays us tough, so i expect a good game all the way til the end.

[quote name="LB76" post="878305" timestamp="1287335780"]
[/quote]Well, for three weeks our opponents haven't went away. I'll take these close wins and go into the playoffs. Rather than dominate and go in over confident.
Remember WESTBROOK, FRENCH both schools went into the playoffs after serious battle in their districts. THEY DOMINATED the competition in playoffs. I love the competition element in this district ;D

[quote name="bcjag10" post="878316" timestamp="1287336355"]
[quote author=LB76 link=topic=74531.msg878305#msg878305 date=1287335780]
[/quote]Well, for three weeks our opponents haven't went away. I'll take these close wins and go into the playoffs. Rather than dominate and go in over confident.
Remember WESTBROOK, FRENCH both schools went into the playoffs after serious battle in their districts. THEY DOMINATED the competition in playoffs. I love the competition element in this district ;D
[/quote]

So true Jag fan..Also even in 08 when we went four rounds Our defense didnt become dominant til that last game aginst P.N.G and even in playoffs all we got were close wins, and one close loss...So im nt worried about the close wins..I think we'll be right we're we need to be come playoff time.

[quote name="vidor96pirates" post="878983" timestamp="1287359075"]
Vidor by 9 at home.
[/quote]
JMO, but it seems like that may be just a tad optimistic on the score there.  Remember this is Central, the undefeated in district leaders and a team that should be favored in each of their remaining games.  I expect a fairly close game, and if Vidor pulls off the upset, I doubt it will be by that many points.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="878997" timestamp="1287359620"]
[quote author=vidor96pirates link=topic=74531.msg878983#msg878983 date=1287359075]
Vidor by 9 at home.
[/quote]
JMO, but it seems like that may be just a tad optimistic on the score there.  Remember this is Central, the undefeated in district leaders and a team that should be favored in each of their remaining games.  I expect a fairly close game, and if Vidor pulls off the upset, I doubt it will be by that many points.
[/quote]

so much for central being the underdog of the district.... ;D

[quote name="Rj76" post="879105" timestamp="1287363151"]
probably a close game if vidor stays close in the first half. but central has proven that they win close games.
[/quote]Accurate post....Vidor has had problems closing games the last couple of years. I believe its a confidence thing.I have said the last couple years if we can beat the Centrals and Pngs by one point instead of losing by 1 at the end of the game that will be a turning point for our program..Lets hope its this week!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nanoflowcell
    Newest Member
    nanoflowcell