Not so many critics this week

sleepy

[quote name="sleepy" post="873082" timestamp="1286900249"]
boy does it ever.  Coaches are dumb one week and smart the next.  AMAZING!
[/quote]

Sleepy, we all know the competition was not nearly as good this week as last.  But we are all enjoying the win.  As our arch nemisis Texas Terror pointed out in a previous post, the box score did not reveal who the winner of the game was, and in fact tilted toward Langston.  However, it was a fun and entertaining game and I think everyone is enjoying them, even the Sam game.  I hope that people (especially me) who have concerns about where the team is right now will voice them in a positive manner (I know that impatience and frustration bleeds through sometimes).  I think everyone knows this is the first year and realistically we are 2-3 years away from having a really competitive FCS team and probably have overachieved at that level already in the McNeese and SELA games.  I think this Saturday's game will be a good barometer of where we are right now.

[b]enjoying the W...but if you insist[/b]
-team didnt roll over like it did @SFA
-qb still throws too many int
-cant punch it in from the 1" line?...
-pass up a game clinching FG
-secondary? what secondary?
-continue to make every RB we face look like Earl Campbell
-whats up with the pooch kickoffs?

there sleepy, feel better?

[color=red]GO BIG RED[/color]

The BOX SCORE??? Terror is an idiot for pointing out the box score.  No one cares about that.  The Cowboys look better in the box score every week yet they are 1-3.  

Puddin Tane..........I am not shocked with all you have said.  You love to find the negatives even in a win.  Very sad!!! And to answer your questions.........

-only compliment
-Our offensive line struggles which generally happens in a first year program
-kicker was hurt and had already missed an extra point
-I am sure this is a coaches fault.  Complaining about the secondary yet they didn't score
-again complaining about the defense yet they didn't score
-the kicker was hurt

We hold a team scoreless and you find a way to complain about our pass defense and run defense.  A mystery to me!

there Puddin Tane, feel better?

I'm happy with the win as Langston was better than Webber and their QB 6'5, 240 was as big as a couple of our defensive lineman and he could throw the ball.

I only had one thing to be critical about and posted it on another thread so there is no need to repost it here as in my opinion it is time to start talking about South Alabama.

I hear they are pretty good. Although you can question their schedule they are averaging over 50 ppg and defensively they are holding teams to 6 ppg. They are taking our their starters at halftime.  :o

[quote name="bigred360" post="873136" timestamp="1286904384"]
I'm happy with the win as Langston was better than Webber and their QB 6'5, 240 was as big as a couple of our defensive lineman and he could throw the ball.

I only had one thing to be critical about and posted it on another thread so there is no need to repost it here as in my opinion it is time to start talking about South Alabama.

I hear they are pretty good. Although you can question their schedule they are averaging over 50 ppg and defensively they are holding teams to 6 ppg. They are taking our their starters at halftime.  :o
[/quote]

They are good but they are beatable.

The BOX SCORE??? Terror is an idiot for pointing out the box score.  No one cares about that.  The Cowboys look better in the box score every week yet they are 1-3. 

Terror is not an idiot, just obnoxiously arrogant and condenscending.  He's like a little dog nipping at your heals, always looking for a dig to satisfy his unjustified ego.  But he is no idiot.  The point about the boxscore is yes we did the things we needed to do to win the game.  Great!  But we didn't dominate against a lower division team.  Before you run with that as being negative, its not, just a fact.  I'm ecstatic we won the game.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="873230" timestamp="1286911144"]
The BOX SCORE??? Terror is an idiot for pointing out the box score.  No one cares about that.  The Cowboys look better in the box score every week yet they are 1-3. 

Terror is not an idiot, just obnoxiously arrogant and condenscending.  He's like a little dog nipping at your heals, always looking for a dig to satisfy his unjustified ego.  But he is no idiot.  The point about the boxscore is yes we did the things we needed to do to win the game.  Great!  But we didn't dominate against a lower division team.  Before you run with that as being negative, its not, just a fact.  I'm ecstatic we won the game.
[/quote]

We are not going to dominate many teams in our first year.  Just a fact.

[quote name="sleepy" post="873236" timestamp="1286911640"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=74332.msg873230#msg873230 date=1286911144]

[/quote]

We are not going to dominate many teams in our first year.  Just a fact.
[/quote]

Why do you ask for people to bring up negatives and then bitch about when they do? Congrats, you won, you didn't play perfect, no team does week in and week out. You can always improve upon things. Terror pointing out the box score was simply to show that had a few plays gone in favor of Langston, namely in the red zone, they would have won. The point is, first year program or not, an FCS team should handle an NAIA team fairly easy.

Don't ask for something and then complain when you get it.

[quote name="sleepy" post="873113" timestamp="1286902619"]
The BOX SCORE??? Terror is an idiot for pointing out the box score.  No one cares about that.  The Cowboys look better in the box score every week yet they are 1-3.  

Puddin Tane..........I am not shocked with all you have said.  You love to find the negatives even in a win.  Very sad!!! And to answer your questions.........

-only compliment
-I am sure this is a coaches fault.  Complaining about the secondary yet they didn't score
-the kicker was hurt

We hold a team scoreless and you find a way to complain about our pass defense and run defense.  A mystery to me!

[/quote]

you asked...don't ask if you dont want to hear an answer
you just wanted something to be-atch about

glad we got the win, BEAT USA

Go Big Red

[quote name="puddin tane" post="873612" timestamp="1286938840"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=74332.msg873113#msg873113 date=1286902619]

-only compliment
-the kicker was hurt

[/quote]

Go Big Red
[/quote]

I want to hear it or I would not have asked.  Fact is no matter what happens you are going to find something to be-atch about.  Fact!

[quote name="JJWooten" post="873319" timestamp="1286918940"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=74332.msg873236#msg873236 date=1286911640]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=74332.msg873230#msg873230 date=1286911144]

Terror is not an idiot, just obnoxiously arrogant and condenscending.  He's like a little dog nipping at your heals, always looking for a dig to satisfy his unjustified ego.  But he is no idiot.  The point about the boxscore is yes we did the things we needed to do to win the game.  Great!  But we didn't dominate against a lower division team.  Before you run with that as being negative, its not, just a fact.  I'm ecstatic we won the game.
[/quote]

We are not going to dominate many teams in our first year.  Just a fact.
[/quote]

Why do you ask for people to bring up negatives and then censored about when they do? [b]Congrats, you won, you didn't play perfect, no team does week in and week out.[/b] You can always improve upon things. Terror pointing out the box score was simply to show that had a few plays gone in favor of Langston, namely in the red zone, they would have won. The point is, first year program or not, an FCS team should handle an NAIA team fairly easy.

[/quote]

There is no team that plays a perfect game period. It you have seen one, please let me know as the rest of the football world is waiting to know.

You can look at the box score of games at every level of football, every weekend and there are many times the losers had better "stats" than the winners. Actually, the stats for the Langston game were pretty even.

Shows how much you know about NAIA programs as they are able to take athletes that didn't have their academics in order to go to a FCS or FBS program. It doesn't been they aren't talented football players. So, I am happy with a w against a NAIA team as I would be with any team on our schedule this first season.

As for a making the plays in the endzone well we did and they didn't, period!  They missed a FG and we blocked the other one. Then their last time in the redzone we held them on downs. ::)

So, in winning we made some big plays and they didn't. Just a fact of the game.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="873319" timestamp="1286918940"]

Terror is not an idiot, just obnoxiously arrogant and condenscending.  He's like a little dog nipping at your heals, always looking for a dig to satisfy his unjustified ego.  But he is no idiot.  The point about the boxscore is yes we did the things we needed to do to win the game.  Great!  But we didn't dominate against a lower division team.  Before you run with that as being negative, its not, just a fact.  I'm ecstatic we won the game.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why do you ask for people to bring up negatives and then censored about when they do? Congrats, you won, you didn't play perfect, no team does week in and week out. You can always improve upon things. Terror pointing out the box score was simply to show that had a few plays gone in favor of Langston, namely in the red zone, they would have won. The point is, first year program or not, an FCS team should handle an NAIA team fairly easy.

[/quote]

Not complaining.  Just debating.  Don't get your panties knotted up.  Box scores don't mean crap.  Championships are won on the scoreboard not in the boxscore!!  JUST A FACT!!!

[quote name="sleepy" post="874028" timestamp="1286998043"]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=74332.msg873319#msg873319 date=1286918940]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why do you ask for people to bring up negatives and then censored about when they do? Congrats, you won, you didn't play perfect, no team does week in and week out. You can always improve upon things. Terror pointing out the box score was simply to show that had a few plays gone in favor of Langston, namely in the red zone, they would have won. The point is, first year program or not, an FCS team should handle an NAIA team fairly easy.

[/quote]

Not complaining.  Just debating.  Don't get your panties knotted up.  Box scores don't mean crap.  Championships are won on the scoreboard not in the boxscore!!  JUST A FACT!!!
[/quote]

sleepless, lay off the caffeine...you're wound just a tad too tight

[quote name="sleepy" post="873113" timestamp="1286902619"]

-only compliment
-the kicker was hurt

[/quote]

Sleepy:
-We were playing LANGSTON!
-My Mom could get a full ride to LANGSTON!

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="sleepy" post="872999" timestamp="1286893727"]
Funny after a win we don't have as many critics this week.  Are the defensive coaches smarter this week because we played better redzone defense this week?
[/quote]

Have a rough night on the town or a chip on your shoulder? Geez get you a scotch and water..............

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="875131" timestamp="1287121146"]

-only compliment
-the kicker was hurt

[/quote]

Sleepy:
[/quote]

No she couldn't - NAIA schools don't give athletic scholarships

[quote name="sleepy" post="873725" timestamp="1286972781"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74332.msg873612#msg873612 date=1286938840]

-only compliment
-the kicker was hurt

[/quote]

Go Big Red
[/quote]

I want to hear it or I would not have asked.  Fact is no matter what happens you are going to find something to be-atch about.  Fact!
[/quote]

rainman....

[quote name="Ruckdad" post="875303" timestamp="1287156858"]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=74332.msg875131#msg875131 date=1287121146]

-only compliment
-the kicker was hurt

[/quote]

Sleepy:
[/quote]

No she couldn't - NAIA schools don't give athletic scholarships
[/quote]
Even better.  We struggled agains walk ons.  That makes the win much more impressive!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83