Hardin-Jefferson Tournament Pools and Game Times

Lazeek

[quote name="whsalum" post="875104" timestamp="1287115219"]
I am very familiar with Spurger having carried teams over there and played for years.The will miss Daniel not only as a shooter but as a leader.That being said the young guy they have coaching over there will do a great job of developing the other kids.They have bought in to his system and will come along quickly.The group of kids at Evadale this year are a good bunch of athletes and are successful in all sports.I watched them quite a bit this summer and they hold there own against most schools but the "basketball" clubs give them trouble.You give a good coach 2 really good players (McGallion and Whittacre) at the 1-a level and he'll win alot of games.My biggest concern with Evadale and their new 6'7" center would be team chemistry.I hope everything goes well for him this season but he left Evadale disgruntled as a soph, left EC mid season as a Jr. and left HJ before playing a game.The average fan would have to be skeptical , don't you think ???
[/quote] I can see were someone from the outside could be skeptical, but if you could know these kids that just not the case. He has played with this group of boys for10 years, and they all respest eash other and they all look to him for leadership , the fact is that they came to him this summer and talked him into comming back and play with them should say something. He was not disgruntled when he left Evadale , just wonted to play with a bigger club to get more exposure. And as far as not beeing physical, last year was the first year to play center, he had played guard and farward his whole life, so the physical play will come this year. He went to camps to work on that this summer. But his lenght did make match up prob. for clubls last year. In the Hardin games last year they had 4 players foulout trying to play him. But we will have to all wait at least 5 more weeks untill we can find out what kind of team they will have. They have at least 4 more football games to play.

Guest speechless
Cayuga is the defending 1A state champions and beat several 3A and 4A playoff and regional teams last year

The group they have returning while not as athletic are actually a better basketball playing group.....so hardly your typical 1A

[quote name="True Blue" post="875222" timestamp="1287148951"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=74288.msg875104#msg875104 date=1287115219]
I am very familiar with Spurger having carried teams over there and played for years.The will miss Daniel not only as a shooter but as a leader.That being said the young guy they have coaching over there will do a great job of developing the other kids.They have bought in to his system and will come along quickly.The group of kids at Evadale this year are a good bunch of athletes and are successful in all sports.I watched them quite a bit this summer and they hold there own against most schools but the "basketball" clubs give them trouble.You give a good coach 2 really good players (McGallion and Whittacre) at the 1-a level and he'll win alot of games.My biggest concern with Evadale and their new 6'7" center would be team chemistry.I hope everything goes well for him this season but [size=14pt][color=red]he left Evadale [/color] [/size] disgruntled as a soph, [size=14pt][color=red]left EC [/color] [/size] mid season as a Jr. [size=14pt][color=red]and left HJ [/color] [/size] before playing a game.The average fan would have to be skeptical , don't you think ???
[/quote] I can see were someone from the outside could be skeptical, but if you could know these kids that just not the case. He has played with this group of boys for10 years, and they all respest eash other and they all look to him for leadership , [size=14pt][color=red]the fact is that they came to him this summer and talked him into comming back and play with them [/color] [/size] should say something. [size=14pt][color=red]He was not disgruntled when he left Evadale , just wonted to play with a bigger club to get more exposure. [/color] [/size] And as far as not beeing physical, last year was the first year to play center, he had played guard and farward his whole life, so the physical play will come this year. He went to camps to work on that this summer. But his lenght did make match up prob. for clubls last year. In the Hardin games last year they had 4 players foulout trying to play him. But we will have to all wait at least 5 more weeks untill we can find out what kind of team they will have. They have at least 4 more football games to play.
[/quote][size=14pt][color=red]I thought u couldn't move for ATHLETIC PURPOSES!![/color][/size]

[quote name="Scalabrine" post="875527" timestamp="1287178518"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=74288.msg875222#msg875222 date=1287148951]
I am very familiar with Spurger having carried teams over there and played for years.The will miss Daniel not only as a shooter but as a leader.That being said the young guy they have coaching over there will do a great job of developing the other kids.They have bought in to his system and will come along quickly.The group of kids at Evadale this year are a good bunch of athletes and are successful in all sports.I watched them quite a bit this summer and they hold there own against most schools but the "basketball" clubs give them trouble.You give a good coach 2 really good players (McGallion and Whittacre) at the 1-a level and he'll win alot of games.My biggest concern with Evadale and their new 6'7" center would be team chemistry.I hope everything goes well for him this season but [size=14pt][color=red]he left Evadale [/color] [/size] disgruntled as a soph, [size=14pt][color=red]left EC [/color] [/size] mid season as a Jr. [size=14pt][color=red]and left HJ [/color] [/size] before playing a game.The average fan would have to be skeptical , don't you think ???
[/quote] I can see were someone from the outside could be skeptical, but if you could know these kids that just not the case. He has played with this group of boys for10 years, and they all respest eash other and they all look to him for leadership , [size=14pt][color=red]the fact is that they came to him this summer and talked him into comming back and play with them [/color] [/size] should say something. [size=14pt][color=red]He was not disgruntled when he left Evadale , just wonted to play with a bigger club to get more exposure. [/color] [/size] And as far as not beeing physical, last year was the first year to play center, he had played guard and farward his whole life, so the physical play will come this year. He went to camps to work on that this summer. But his lenght did make match up prob. for clubls last year. In the Hardin games last year they had 4 players foulout trying to play him. But we will have to all wait at least 5 more weeks untill we can find out what kind of team they will have. They have at least 4 more football games to play.
[/quote][size=14pt][color=red]I thought u couldn't move for ATHLETIC PURPOSES!![/color][/size]
[/quote]
:o ;D :D ::) ;) 8)

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="875576" timestamp="1287182038"]
[quote author=Scalabrine link=topic=74288.msg875527#msg875527 date=1287178518]
[/quote]

[/quote][IMG]http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll340/sunflowervw2/Cowboys/gameday_True_Blue_ad.jpg[/img]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="924260" timestamp="1291313092"]
Cannot wait for this tourney next weekend!!!!
[/quote]

Me either! We get to matchup with the #3 2A team in the State right out the gate. Outside of New Waverly, they're the next biggest threat in the Region. Will there be any broadcast for this game?

[quote name="Scalabrine" post="875674" timestamp="1287187228"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=74288.msg875576#msg875576 date=1287182038]
[quote author=Scalabrine link=topic=74288.msg875527#msg875527 date=1287178518]
[/quote]

[/quote][IMG]http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll340/sunflowervw2/Cowboys/gameday_True_Blue_ad.jpg[/img]
[/quote]  Isn't that what you plan on doing?

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="872235" timestamp="1286816817"]
POOL A                              POOL B                         POOL C                         POOL D
Cayuga                              Aransas Pass                 Anahuac                        Barbers Hill
Dayton                              Bullard                          LC-M                            Crockett
Evadale                             East Chambers               Legacy                          Kountze
Hardin-Jefferson                  Lumberton                    Tatum                           Krum

The first team listed in each pool play match-up will wear white uniforms.

Thursday:

GYM 1                                                         GYM 2

9:00         Legacy v. LC-M                                                Anahuac v. Tatum
10:30       Barbers Hill v. Krum                                         Crockett v. Kountze
12:00       East Chambers v. Aransas Pass                          Lumberton v. Bullard
1:30         Hardin-Jefferson v. Dayton                                Evadale v. Cayuga
3:00         LC-M v. Anahuac                                              Tatum v. Legacy
4:30         Kountze v. Barbers Hill                                     Krum v. Crockett
6:00         Bullard v. East Chambers                                  Aransas Pass v. Lumberton
7:30         Cayuga v. Hardin-Jefferson                               Dayton v. Evadale

Friday:
                            GYM 1                                                        GYM 2

8:00         Tatum v. LC-M                                                Anahuac v. Legacy
9:30         Crockett v. Barbers Hill                                    Kountze v. Krum
11:00       Lumberton v. East Chambers                             Bullard v. Aransas Pass
12:30       Hardin-Jefferson v. Evadale                               Dayton v. Cayuga

[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed