Hardin-Jefferson Tournament Pools and Game Times

Lazeek

POOL A                              POOL B                         POOL C                         POOL D
Cayuga                              Aransas Pass                 Anahuac                        Barbers Hill
Dayton                              Bullard                          LC-M                            Crockett
Evadale                             East Chambers               Legacy                          Kountze
Hardin-Jefferson                  Lumberton                    Tatum                           Krum

The first team listed in each pool play match-up will wear white uniforms.

Thursday:

GYM 1                                                         GYM 2

9:00         Legacy v. LC-M                                                Anahuac v. Tatum
10:30       Barbers Hill v. Krum                                         Crockett v. Kountze
12:00       East Chambers v. Aransas Pass                          Lumberton v. Bullard
1:30         Hardin-Jefferson v. Dayton                                Evadale v. Cayuga
3:00         LC-M v. Anahuac                                              Tatum v. Legacy
4:30         Kountze v. Barbers Hill                                     Krum v. Crockett
6:00         Bullard v. East Chambers                                  Aransas Pass v. Lumberton
7:30         Cayuga v. Hardin-Jefferson                               Dayton v. Evadale

Friday:
                            GYM 1                                                        GYM 2

8:00         Tatum v. LC-M                                                Anahuac v. Legacy
9:30         Crockett v. Barbers Hill                                    Kountze v. Krum
11:00       Lumberton v. East Chambers                            Bullard v. Aransas Pass
12:30       Hardin-Jefferson v. Evadale                              Dayton v. Cayuga

[quote name="True Blue" post="872806" timestamp="1286854211"]
Well Evadale wonted to see if they could play with the big boys, and looks like they will find that out real quick. Playing 3a codist, champs HJ and the defending 1a state champs Cayuga and 3a Dayton in the first pool play. Thanks for the post Lazeek
[/quote]

Dayton is 4A.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="872807" timestamp="1286854252"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=74288.msg872806#msg872806 date=1286854211]
Well Evadale wonted to see if they could play with the big boys, and looks like they will find that out real quick. Playing 3a codist, champs HJ and the defending 1a state champs Cayuga and 3a Dayton in the first pool play. Thanks for the post Lazeek
[/quote]

Dayton is 4A.
[/quote]ouch that is even bigger aint it ;D

[quote name="ST413" post="872813" timestamp="1286854595"]
Does Cayuga have much of a team returning this year?  If so, depending on what else is going on that night,  I may have to go watch HJ and Cayuga.
[/quote]

I know that Cayuga has their '6"4 shooting guard back (was a freshman last year, he won that championship game for them) and I believe the point guard is back as well.

They did lose several athletes off of that team though.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="872828" timestamp="1286856097"]
I don't look for Dayton to be any good.

Last year they went 5-21, 1-13 in district.
[/quote] Well one bright spot I Guess and I just talked with my son and he thinks that Cayuga had a lot of Sr on last years team.

Yuga is always pretty solid and you never know what you'll get with Dayton.They have some horses over there but may still be shaking the football rust off.They must feel like they will be a little better or they probably wouldn't have came to HJ.Where is Huntington this year ?

[quote name="whsalum" post="872866" timestamp="1286859000"]
I would have liked to see Spurger in this tournament.They have a couple of real solid players coming back.
[/quote]

Yep. McGallion and Whitaker will lead that Spurger team very well. Coach Issacs has a couple of other players that will surprise some folks too. ;)

The only prob. I see with Spurger playing in this tournament is they have no depth with were little bench play. Their starting 5 can play but in this tour. you need to play alot of games in a short time. I do see them on the Evadale schedule this year, should be a good match up.

[quote name="speechless" post="873844" timestamp="1286980963"]
anahuac, kountze, and ec was all in it last year
[/quote]Yea I saw all 3 play there last year. I was kinda surprised to see 3 clubs from the same district that will all be pretty close in talent get together again in the same tournament.True your right about depth several of these clubs do use it to find depth. Unfortunately most of your 1-a schools won't have depth, in my opinion Spurger was probably the only area 1-a school that could have competed with this field.After lookin at the field I 'm gonna take off a couple of days and check this out.

[quote name="whsalum" post="874348" timestamp="1287030515"]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=74288.msg873844#msg873844 date=1286980963]
anahuac, kountze, and ec was all in it last year
[/quote]Yea I saw all 3 play there last year. I was kinda surprised to see 3 clubs from the same district that will all be pretty close in talent get together again in the same tournament.True your right about depth several of these clubs do use it to find depth. Unfortunately most of your 1-a schools won't have depth, in my opinion Spurger was probably the only area 1-a school that could have competed with this field.After lookin at the field I 'm gonna take off a couple of days and check this out.
[/quote]Ok just hear me out on this one. Spurger has the best point guard in 1a and prob. the best farward but after that they get thin. They lost the MVP of the dist in Blankenship, he avrg. 16 points a game last year. He scored 37 points against Evadale. Now Evadale has everyone coming back + thier new 6'7'' center that averg. 9 points and 11 reb at 2a last year. I just think you are selling them a little short.

I am very familiar with Spurger having carried teams over there and played for years.The will miss Daniel not only as a shooter but as a leader.That being said the young guy they have coaching over there will do a great job of developing the other kids.They have bought in to his system and will come along quickly.The group of kids at Evadale this year are a good bunch of athletes and are successful in all sports.I watched them quite a bit this summer and they hold there own against most schools but the "basketball" clubs give them trouble.You give a good coach 2 really good players (McGallion and Whittacre) at the 1-a level and he'll win alot of games.My biggest concern with Evadale and their new 6'7" center would be team chemistry.I hope everything goes well for him this season but he left Evadale disgruntled as a soph, left EC mid season as a Jr. and left HJ before playing a game.The average fan would have to be skeptical , don't you think ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics